PC2 Circuit of the Americas Coming to Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Circuit of the Americas.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the first images of the McLaren F1 GTR and America's very own Grand Prix track Circuit of the Americas, both coming to Project CARS 2.

We already had a good idea that the iconic McLaren F1 GTR was going to be included in Slightly Mad Studios new Project CARS title, however officially at least today's image reveal is the first still footage of the machine players have been treated to since the game was confirmed back in 2015. Perhaps of more interest to us simmers, and coming as an unconfirmed addition up to this point is another track, a first look at the American Formula One Grand Prix venue in Texas - the fairly new Circuit of the Americas (COTA).

Competed in 2012 the circuit has been built to FIA Grade 1 standards and runs to a total of 3.427-mile (5.515 km). Offering a challenging mix of high speed corners and slower more technical sections, the Herman Tilke designed track has met with near universal approval from fans and drivers alike since hosting it's first Formula One Grand Prix back in 2012.

With the circuit being the first US venue designed by Tilke to current Formula One standards, and with the usually warm and dry climate of the Austin, Texas area in which it has been built, COTA has gone on to host a number of high level international championship races in it's six years of active operation. As well as becoming the new home of Formula One in the USA, the track has also hosted rounds of the FIA World Endurance Championship, Australian V8 SuperCars, MotoGP and a round of the Rolex Sports Car Series.

We know Project CARS 2 will be shipping with over 170 cars at initial launch and already we have an idea about some of the cars expected to feature within the game. If you want to keep an eye out on what's been confirmed or leaked so far, check out the Project CARS 2: The Cars Revealed So Far thread (regularly updated) to stay abreast with the latest reveals.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of 2017.

Check out the Project CARS Series forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

Are you happy to see COTA coming to Project CARS 2? What other US based tracks would you be happy to welcome to the new sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Hut Humm...I am not an AC Fanboy, just to clear this up, I just "enjoy" AC.

Give me facts about the physics, the FFB, the handling improvements, not gloss it over with another track announcement, and then I will get excited.

GTR3 release - now that's excitement.....see not an AC Fanboy :D

Well i assume it's too early to be showing more in-depth details of that sort, so they are just letting content info out slowly as we get closer to the release date. To be honest, videos don't say too much about handling, it's only until we have tried it, or trust in someone who has to tell us something.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%