Circuit Mas du Clos

Tracks Circuit Mas du Clos Circuit Mas du Clos 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thx for the short layout! Much appreciated.

I put it on my server, so if anyone is interested search for:
CLEAN RACING | Cobra @ Mas du Clos | MR [ABC]

looks like i stole your idea Fabian :p genuinely didnt see your post before hand (this is the first time i have visited this thread to flag up reported issues.) good combo choice mate, ive done 108laps online with this combo over the last 2 days. cant get enough of it!

@jim lloyd a few things were reported by players online. all issues were encountered on the shortloop layout. (i havent read through this thread so sorry if they have been reported already)

pit limiter kicks in if you get too close to the pit wall on the straight.

some laps werent counted during the race (i wonder if this is related to the first issue, maybe they crossed the s/f line far over to the right)

Your timing gates are too close to the track. Running wide or cutting a corner will result in falling a lap behind. I've seen the #2 fall back to last because of this.
I like the short loop. Is the last corner supposed to be so bumpy though? It's quite fun making the car dance, though :D
As mentioned the track is a bit too dark and the reverb a bit too strong.

Great update, I'm loving the improvements.

Sticky walls can be caused two ways. The most common is a double sided object is set as a wall. The other is the normals are reversed on a single sided object. AC walls need to be single sided OR have at least a few inches between both faces if it is double sided.

Sticky walls can be caused two ways. The most common is a double sided object is set as a wall. The other is the normals are reversed on a single sided object. AC walls need to be single sided OR have at least a few inches between both faces if it is double sided.
Thanks Lilski. Double sided is my problem. I had no idea that would be the issue.

Your timing gates are too close to the track. Running wide or cutting a corner will result in falling a lap behind. I've seen the #2 fall back to last because of this.
I like the short loop. Is the last corner supposed to be so bumpy though? It's quite fun making the car dance, though :D

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll make these adjustments for the next release. With regards the bumpy section on the short loop. In all honesty I have no more idea if this correct than you. But every time I have tried to smooth it out. It just seems to loose that fun factor and I miss it being there. I think it adds to the challenge.

looks like i stole your idea Fabian :p genuinely didnt see your post before hand (this is the first time i have visited this thread to flag up reported issues.) good combo choice mate, ive done 108laps online with this combo over the last 2 days. cant get enough of it!

@jim lloyd a few things were reported by players online. all issues were encountered on the shortloop layout. (i havent read through this thread so sorry if they have been reported already)

pit limiter kicks in if you get too close to the pit wall on the straight.

some laps werent counted during the race (i wonder if this is related to the first issue, maybe they crossed the s/f line far over to the right)
Excellent feedback. Thank you very much. I will look into this right away

Is there a recommended distance from the left and right of the track. Also height from the floor

ThanksThanks

Nope, just make sure both markers are behind the barrier, so that whereever you drive, you will always drive through the virtual gate - even if you're off track.
I'm aware that on the tight section (I believe La Piscine?) you cannot make it much wider because it will cross the track again. Maybe cheat there and make it diagonally (or move it slightly forward/backward) so that the virtual gate doesn't end in the grass. If you're not sure what I mean, let me know and I'll draw something :p

Oh and no worries about that bumpy drop on the short section. As I said it makes the car dance which is a lot of fun (and very dangerous) :D

Nope, just make sure both markers are behind the barrier, so that whereever you drive, you will always drive through the virtual gate - even if you're off track.
I'm aware that on the tight section (I believe La Piscine?) you cannot make it much wider because it will cross the track again. Maybe cheat there and make it diagonally (or move it slightly forward/backward) so that the virtual gate doesn't end in the grass. If you're not sure what I mean, let me know and I'll draw something :p

Oh and no worries about that bumpy drop on the short section. As I said it makes the car dance which is a lot of fun (and very dangerous) :D
thanks buddy

jim lloyd updated Circuit Mas du Clos (WIP) with a new update entry:

Circuit Mas du Clos (WIP) 0.9

OK first of thanks to everyone who has given feedback or is just following this stumble through track making, its been super fun doing this project up to now!!!

So this is nearly getting to 1.0,. only really have the groove elements to add, i have re-painted the entire terrain, new track edges etc etc (pretty much everything) hopefully you will notice the improvement, especially the overall light levels of the track have been balanced side by side with kunos tracks (as far as i'm willing to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just one thing that happened to me last week and today again. No biggie though...
I got pushed a bit to the side of the track by another car, forcing me to place two wheels over the white line (barely) at the entrance of the pit lane. That resulted in an immediate braking action.
Could that be made a bit less strict maybe ?
Anyway, thanks for the good job, love this track.

y
Just one thing that happened to me last week and today again. No biggie though...
I got pushed a bit to the side of the track by another car, forcing me to place two wheels over the white line (barely) at the entrance of the pit lane. That resulted in an immediate braking action.
Could that be made a bit less strict maybe ?
Anyway, thanks for the good job, love this track.
Hey Man - Yes that does make sense, ill allow half a car width before the limiter kicks in for version 1.0. thanks for the support

It's because the alpha channel for the grass is not 100% white.
i know what your saying, but Honestly i have tried maybe a thousand different textures and shader combinations on the grass. i always come back to this one in place now, when i make the alpha 100% white i just cant get the grass to blend like it does now. especially now the grass is LODing in and out,everything just pops horribly Lilski I have been studying Bridgehamton under a microscope for months now (hope you don't object) and were i want to place the grass (and there lots of it) its just not going to work the same for me. the terrain is kind of different, if you get what i mean!. i agree the place you pointed out were the grass looks weird it does. but unless i'am missing something super obvious its the best trade of i can achieve with my limited knowledge, please though i would love to make it perfect but i just keep ending up down the same alley

is it so horrible?. do i need to completely re-think how i'm going to do do grass? probably just tired and losing my mind

edit - Lilski if your up for it (and a no is fine i understand) i have a few niggling things that are driving me crazy, which i'm sure you probably know a annoyingly simple solution too, if i private messaged you?

Last edited:
i know what your saying, but Honestly i have tried maybe a thousand different textures and shader combinations on the grass. i always come back to this one in place now, when i make the alpha 100% white i just cant get the grass to blend like it does now. especially now the grass is LODing in and out,everything just pops horribly Lilski I have been studying Bridgehamton under a microscope for months now (hope you don't object) and were i want to place the grass (and there lots of it) its just not going to work the same for me. the terrain is kind of different, if you get what i mean!. i agree the place you pointed out were the grass looks weird it does. but unless i'am missing something super obvious its the best trade of i can achieve with my limited knowledge, please though i would love to make it perfect but i just keep ending up down the same alley

is it so horrible?. do i need to completely re-think how i'm going to do do grass? probably just tired and losing my mind

edit - Lilski if your up for it (and a no is fine i understand) i have a few niggling things that are driving me crazy, which i'm sure you probably know a annoyingly simple solution too, if i private messaged you?
I have no issues with people looking at my stuff as It is the best way to learn. Just don't use any of my assets without asking permission like a few members of this "community" have done already.

Anyway I wasn't saying it was a problem I was simply stating why it looks like that. I can play with the textures and shaders if you want to see if I can get it to match with a white alpha. I understand its a very different terrain than bridge and I understand what I have done won't work everywhere. But I'm willing to take a stab at it if you want.

Also I sent you that groove blend file yesterday and you are free to use those textures that are packed inside the blend file if you want.

I have no issues with people looking at my stuff as It is the best way to learn. Just don't use any of my assets without asking permission like a few members of this "community" have done already.

Anyway I wasn't saying it was a problem I was simply stating why it looks like that. I can play with the textures and shaders if you want to see if I can get it to match with a white alpha. I understand its a very different terrain than bridge and I understand what I have done won't work everywhere. But I'm willing to take a stab at it if you want.

Also I sent you that groove blend file yesterday and you are free to use those textures that are packed inside the blend file if you want.

All cool thanks man. Please feel free to have a go. I appreciate the help. I really want this to be as good as possible. Funny really it's becoming a bit of a obsession every time I think I've got things how I want it's like in my mind nothing is good enough and I want to re-do it all again

Thanks for the kind offer with the groove textures. It's the next thing to crack along with the ever growing list of to dos

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%