1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Circuit de Spa Francorchamps released for R3E

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Spa 1.jpg
    Swedish developers Sector 3 Studios have released the Circuit de Spa Francorchamps for their premier ‘Free to Play’ simulator RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Continuing a tradition of producing high quality content, the former Simbin Studios development team have once again come up with the goods with this premium quality representation of the classic racing venue situated within the Belgian Ardennes countryside. Although not benefiting from Laser scanning technology like its counterparts in Kunos Simulations Assetto Corsa or the recently released Project CARS title, Sector 3 Studios have produced a version of this fan favourite track to rival any out on the digital race tracks currently.

As can be seen from the screenshots contained within this article, a high level of attention to detail has been paid to the surrounding trackside objects, providing an immersive experience for gamers to enjoy, either battling against the in game AI, or on one of the many online lobby’s sure to pop up over the coming days.

RaceDepartment’s very own R3E Racing Club will be holding events at the track all next week, so keep an eye out in the forums!
    Spa 2.jpg
    The Track will come in 3 layouts, based on different position of Start/Finish and Pit entry/exit, allowing for larger grids proposed for implementation in future patches.

The 3 layouts are:
    Grand Prix:
    Start / Finish between Bus Stop & La Source
    Pit entry: Bus Stop
    Pit exit: La Source

Classic:
    Start / Finish between La Source and Eau Rouge
    Pit entry: after La Source
    Pit exit: Top of Raidillon
    Combined:
    Start / Finish between La Source and Eau Rouge
    Pit entry: Bus Stop
    Pit exit: Top of Raidillon

Spa 3.jpg

Initial impressions of the track are very positive, with smooth gameplay and convincing AI behaviour, this is sure to become a classic amongst fans of this particular piece of Belgium tarmac. Coupled with some upcoming content updates and a much anticipated physics update to the GTR3 machines, RaceRoom Racing Experience looks like a simulator worth keeping an eye on in the coming months….
    Circuit de Spa Francochamps is currently available to buy in the RaceRoom store for 549vRP

• Like Like x 15
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nice nice nice!!!!!

3. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Fix it till it's broke,Then fix it some more. Premium Member

Purchased,Nice One Paul :thumbsup:.

4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I'm just here for the snacks Premium Member

Let's hope this gets some more people on track! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Don't forget it will be running next week in the club... so get signed up when they are posted later :)

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

I should probably be able to make the Sunday race, but I'm likely going to a local beer festival on Saturday so I'll probably miss that one unfortunately. During the week I'm at work when you race so I can't make any of those.

7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Beer festival Saturday... race Sunday?
    I believe that when I see it :):roflmao:

8. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

The beer festival I believe, being able to stagger out of bed to race the day after is where my doubts come in :)

10. I wonder if Sector3 would make a fusion version of pre-2002 & current Hockenheim..?

11. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

Looks great...I'll plan on picking this up later this week.

12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright

Luckily the race isn't until 3pm Brandon Standard Time! :D

• Haha Haha x 2