Tracks Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rupe Wilson submitted a new resource:

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Spa

View attachment 50968

Over the years, the Spa course has been modified several times. The track was originally 15 kilometres (9 mi) long,

View attachment 50971
but after World War II, the track had some changes. In 1930 the chicane at Malmedy was eliminated and bypassed, making the course even faster, but the chicane was re-installed in 1935, albeit slightly different. In 1939, "Virage de Ancienne Douane" was eliminated and cut short, thus giving birth to the Eau Rouge/Raidillon...

Read more about this resource...

Fantastic Track! but is this still being worked on? There are a couple of corners which are not quite accurate. For example Turn 5 (Just before the Kemmel Straight) should have some positive camber, but its completely flat in this version. With a few changes this could be the best track in RF2.

Are you sure that Rupe Wilson made this conversion?

Because apart from some minor changes, it seems exactly the same where I worked many hours.

Anyway it doesn't matter, because now I have a new one much better.

Are you sure that Rupe Wilson made this conversion?

Because apart from some minor changes, it seems exactly the same where I worked many hours.

Anyway it doesn't matter, because now I have a new one much better.

You mean the one that Codemasters worked on for weeks before you could convert it? ;)

By the way, Rupe is not claiming ownership - he's the admin here, and merely uploaded it.

Codemasters is indeed the creator of the circuit. They did it, I never would say otherwise, but codemasters did not create the circuit for rFactor 2, neither converted it to rFactor 2, nor did the realroad, nor put the team members, nor the Commissioners, they don't even made icons and presentation screens. All that was my job and IPM, that put the cameras and some other things in his conversion for rFactor (1).

Maybe the track is not very well converted, or it do not like you (as I have said, I have a version better, this was unfinished), but when you pass a good time driving on it, don't forget that it is thanks to the fact that someone like me spent a lot of hours of their time to make that possible.

By the way, to avoid confusion, it would be better change "Author" to something different. It is only my opinion.

Regards and sorry for my english.

As you know, organize a Championship have a cost of money (servers, web, etc.) and members who participate pay that money. To keep the Championship we need members and to attract them is necessary to have an attractive and well organized Championship. We offer best tracks, is an incentive to attract members who maintain the good health of the Championship and to do this, we have to work very hard (we are only two people doing the conversions). For that reason, we do not want to publicly share the tracks.

We know that it is difficult to keep it in private, but we do our utmost. We only hope that who get the tracks, respect our desire.

The tracks are in phase 1, because there is no time to do anything more. This means that initially it have a good looking, with a good realroad, rain reflections, billboard trees, etc.
Phase 2 will be next year, when we improve them with billboard crowds, electronic flags and other details.

Regards.

As you know, organize a Championship have a cost of money (servers, web, etc.) and members who participate pay that money. To keep the Championship we need members and to attract them is necessary to have an attractive and well organized Championship. We offer best tracks, is an incentive to attract members who maintain the good health of the Championship and to do this, we have to work very hard (we are only two people doing the conversions). For that reason, we do not want to publicly share the tracks.

We know that it is difficult to keep it in private, but we do our utmost. We only hope that who get the tracks, respect our desire.

The tracks are in phase 1, because there is no time to do anything more. This means that initially it have a good looking, with a good realroad, rain reflections, billboard trees, etc.
Phase 2 will be next year, when we improve them with billboard crowds, electronic flags and other details.

Regards.
I can understand that, but I checked out the page and it seems to be all in spanish?!
Have you ever thought putting up a donation link on the isi forum and set a certain value and when the value is reached you release it publicly?
I know you make good tracks and it is a shame, if they can only be used for a limited amount of drivers.

I can understand that, but I checked out the page and it seems to be all in spanish?!
Have you ever thought putting up a donation link on the isi forum and set a certain value and when the value is reached you release it publicly?
I know you make good tracks and it is a shame, if they can only be used for a limited amount of drivers.

Agreed. Make a brilliant track and let 22 drivers drive it for 2 hours a year. That makes no sense.

There is no drama, I'm not upset at all, I'm sorry if you have understood this.

I'm not the creator, I am only the "converter".

On the website of RaceRfactor everything is in Spanish, is true, but if you do your presentation in English, they will answer you in English, there is no problem for that.

About the tracks, we've been talking this afternoon and we have decided that we are going to share it, but only those that already we have used previously, not before. The next year the tracks will be better (some totally new conversions) and we will do the same thing, share only the tracks after we use it. In this way we will have something new to offer to our members.

We would like to do it through some websites, this included, if you think that this is fine.

Regards.

There is no drama, I'm not upset at all, I'm sorry if you have understood this.

I'm not the creator, I am only the "converter".

On the website of RaceRfactor everything is in Spanish, is true, but if you do your presentation in English, they will answer you in English, there is no problem for that.

About the tracks, we've been talking this afternoon and we have decided that we are going to share it, but only those that already we have used previously, not before. The next year the tracks will be better (some totally new conversions) and we will do the same thing, share only the tracks after we use it. In this way we will have something new to offer to our members.

We would like to do it through some websites, this included, if you think that this is fine.

Regards.

That is awesome mate. :thumbsup:

And be sure that we will make it known who are responsible for these great tracks. ;)

Would it be possible to talk privately about the tracks with any administrator, please?

Thank you.

You can report the resource and provide some proof if you think content is stolen from the original author. You can find the original resource here, all you have to do is click the "report" button on the bottom of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%