Circuit de la Sarthe 24 hours of Le Mans

ECAR_tracks is still working on the full layout. But is the Bugatti layout is done.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712092404&searchtext=bugatti

20170606140131_1.jpg
20170606140238_1.jpg
20170606140340_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20170606140432_1.jpg
    20170606140432_1.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 404
  • 20170606140557_1.jpg
    20170606140557_1.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Deleted member 130869

If you could get the guy who created the most recent and best Le Mans layout for rFactor (1) from scratch to offer it for conversion, we'd have a reasonable Le Mans before/if ECAR gets his track done.

I'm puzzled as to why Studio 397 doesn't seem to be interested in a modern and DX11 suitable version of the Circuit de la Sarthe, aka Le Mans. They used it as inspiration for their company name, and said from the start that they want to concentrate on endurance racing.
What's happening, guys? As far as I can see, nothing. Neither of the two existing versions is really ideal, and all the new versions that're supposed to be coming are not there, and no time scale as to when they could be finished.
Why doesn't Studio397 assist one of the artists (or all of them as a team), to get a new version finished, one that has the modern layout and works properly with DX11?
If money is a problem, release it as payware, as dlc on steam: I'd pay a sensible price, and I know other people would too. Because of the complexity of modern simulations, and how long it takes to programme the cars and tracks, I think the days of getting everything for free are coming to an end anyway. Right from the start I've always been amazed at the generosity of the people who spend all their time creating addons for free, but if they're only doing it as a sideline when they have time off from job and family ( or real life as it's also known :D ), it just takes too long to get it finished for release, especially with how complex addons have become.
Payware dlc is the future, then you can employ professional programmers doing it 8 or 10 hours a day. How about it Marcel? :thumbsup:

@ alexSchmurtz
Yeah, I'm aware of possible license issues, that's why I said go payware. Most of the car manufactures (esp. Ferrariariari :D ), and track owners often want unreasonable amounts of money for licenses, which, in some ways, I don't understand: you'd have thought that they would be thrilled at getting so much advertising for nothing when a serious driving sim (I'm not talking about "games" on consoles), simulates real cars and tracks, but greed rules the world I suppose....
It would be especially relavant with rF2, which is based on professional software that the F1 and WEC teams (amongst others), use in their full-motion sims. What better marketing platform can you get?
I can't believe that the license fees are sooo expensive that it's absolutly not viable, when the project is planned from the start as, and sold as, payware.
Since rF2 has changed to a sim that's only available as downloadeable software on Steam, it has become even easier to move with the times, as you have, at a stroke, practically eliminated any problems with piracy or hacked versions etc. Either you pay online with Steam, or you do without.
It ain't rocket science, it just requires a more modern business model....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
It could be S397 don't want to license the track, it could be to much political nonsense with the local government seeing as it's part public road, it could be the track management team have a single licence with another game therefore can't license out to S397 (see Porsche before last year!), it could be cost, it could be viability, it could already be under construction by S397.

Jumping to the conclusion it is all about money is a bit presumptuous I think, you could always contact the track management team yourself and find out :)

It could be S397 don't want to license the track, it could be to much political nonsense with the local government seeing as it's part public road, it could be the track management team have a single licence with another game therefore can't license out to S397 (see Porsche before last year!), it could be cost, it could be viability, it could already be under construction by S397.

Jumping to the conclusion it is all about money is a bit presumptuous I think, you could always contact the track management team yourself and find out :)
I've been doing sims for a very long time, and MSFS before that, starting with FS98, and there has always been the discussion about why isn't a particular track or car available, and it always comes down to money in the end, always. Money makes the world go round, it's the new god that commerce worships :D
If S397 really have Le Mans in the Pipeline, why no teaser up until now?

Maybe it'll be a surprise? I'm not saying they are making it, it's just one of many reasons that could be thought of like I posted above.
Like I said, if it bothers you as much as it appears to then contact Le Mans yourself and find out!

Maybe it'll be a surprise? I'm not saying they are making it, it's just one of many reasons that could be thought of like I posted above.
Like I said, if it bothers you as much as it appears to then contact Le Mans yourself and find out!
Sorry if I'm coming on as a little intense : It's a combination of how awsome rF2 is since the DX11 upgrade, and watching the whole, fantasticly exciting, race at the weekend, and wanting to simulate it. I need a good Circuit de la Sarthe :cool:

of course, we all want our favourite tracks in game but there's a need to be understanding at times no matter how frustrating it can be.
To put a bit of perspective on it, your comment of "I've been doing sims for a very long time" well I've been Sim racing since the 1990s and only recently realised just how different it is on "the inside" as opposed to simply being a fan, there's so much more to making a Sim than people give credit for and it's never an easy process getting a car or track license...so in relation to your "it's always money" with track licensing...FYI it's not ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back