WIP Cicada GP

So you think the pit lane needs to be shorter with its entrance and exit lenght....
Im sure Kennet will be trying to get it to work... weve been testing for a while and the track has come a long way...:)

Thanks Rupe for making that video. I don't have to explain it anymore, the problem is clearly visible. I really don't know how to fix that, if i make the pitline to join as soon as possible, the AI still drives out too slow and causes accidents all the time. By extending it to the first apex, they can avoid the collision better. But the speed difference is way too big, you can see that they start to accelerate at XPitout but don't put 100% throttle until the join point. And yes, sometimes they can't get out from the pitbox but that can change by simple exiting to main menu and reloading the track.

I've done every step following laymans tutorial: http://Cream.Galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/laymans guide to aiw.pdf
Wel, not every step, i don't need to create the mainpath and corridors, BTBs AIW editor is better tool for those steps.

So you think the pit lane needs to be shorter with its entrance and exit lenght.
Grasping at straws!! Having turned the pitsout around/upside down - no difference - The AI should and does take notice (Like hitting a wall) of the pitout in nearly (99.999%) all tracks.
I'm right out of ideas,
Actual pit length, I would have thought, should not make any difference.
Somebody, please, prove me wrong.

Nice AIW, ebrich, F1 are doing 1:33 laps with 104%. That's fast enough for most drivers and far better what majority of addon tracks can achieve. They do twitch a bit here and there but that's the mod. But you can understand my frustration when nothing explains the slow pitentry/exit.

at about 30 seconds he talks about something that's not mentioned in the help files.... it seems relevant...
Please bear in mind Ive not got a clue about BTB Ive just started reading about the AIW

That has crossed my mind, doing a test track with the same extra long distance. I've done other AIWs with the excact same method but it could be that special approach i've taken.. But if my solution won't work, then i have to remodel the exit drastically, maybe even have to change the first turns.. Wouldn't like that since those are clearly one major highlight...

Lol, this track has progressed a lot, remembered an early developement video:

have to remodel the exit drastically
That would be a dam shame. Its too good a layout.
I've just made a quick track with the pit line, after the pitout, being longer, than before the pitout.AI cars normal acceleration on leaving pit area.
Don't you think it would be worth just going back to BTB clearing the AI and redoing it? I don't mind retouching it again after. Or if you want to carry on the building let me have at least the basic track in BTB files and I can do it. See if it works with new AI lines.

I did a test-track with similar pitlane. BTB generated AIW worked perfectly. But when i redid fastline/pitline in rFactor AIW editor the problem appeared. I did manage to get Guitarman AIW editor working but since it's very complicated, i couldn't understand anything. One thing popped out: wp_perp was 0,0,0 all along the pitline. I loaded some working tracks and they had values in that box. I don't know what that does..

There's problems with BTB generated AIW, it's nearly impossible to get a working fastline done there. And if i redo the fastline in rFactor, i need to redo the pitline too... I have no idea why it does what it does but i can give you the original BTB AIW. But now i need to do those race stint practices for PrestoGP so i'll send that file tomorrow.

I had the same problem with the Guitarman AIW editor untill I came across "Curves pdf", and even having found how to start using it I reread the "readme txt" and it left me baffled. Curves pdf - http://www.mediafire.com/?zj7vitj5dj33wf9 Pictures speak louder! I'll see what I can do with Guitarman's as I've yet to try the rFactor AIW editor.

Ok, i got this one sorted! Well, kind of.. Once i got Guitarmans editor working and found the magic button: Import Fastline... Now i can switch the fastline from rFactor AIW editor to BTB generated AIW... It's all still very new, the Guitarman editor is extremely confusing and since there is no help available ( i haven't found any readme that would give me the keyboard commands....), the only one i really got is that curves.pdf.. If i can just move the pitline first and last points somehow, all i got so far is how to move corridors and how to create a curve :) But that method works, the AI follows the latest fastline and throttle 100% from the XPitout..

EDIT: I'll start a conversation for the AIW creation..

Finally, i got AIW sorted... It works beatifully, pitentry is safe even with a tight pack and exits happen at correct speed. Didn't have any incidents, smooth as silk. The answer was to use rFactor editor ONLY for the fastline. I used Guitarmans editor for merging the BTB created pitline to rFactor fastline. It's a very good editor, very intimidating at first since there are soo little in the helpfiles but works great.

Now i need someone to do rainreflections. I know it's pretty simple procedure but since i haven't got 3DSimed i have to ask for a favour. So for the price of credits who will step up and get the finishing touch done?

DL: http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Projects/Cicada/Cicada_1.0.9.2_by_CreamK.zip

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back