General Chrome Rims/Wheels skins

All,
Trying to mod the black rims to chrome for the Kunos C7 Stingray for a skin I am working on. I used the rim.dds file and adjusted colors and repackaged and it is still showing a black rim. Not sure what I am doing wrong and would love some guidance. Of course, not sure how to make them chrome, so I started with trialing with white. Thanks.
SM

For chrome rims you need a CSP config. Make textures to change the rims to silver, then a config (ext_config.ini in skin folder) for shader change via CSP. In assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\common there are templates for CSP shader changes.

Here is a config I used in one on my skins for chrome rims. You need to change the Materials for the C7

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    271 bytes · Views: 162
Last edited:
For chrome rims you need a CSP config. Make textures to change the rims to silver, then a config (ext_config.ini in skin folder) for shader change via CSP. In assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\common there are templates for CSP shader changes.

Here is a config I used in one on my skins for chrome rims. You need to change the Materials for the C7
Thank you. I will give it a try. I appreciate the help.

Confused as to what you mean: You need to change the Materials for the C7. Sorry for the idiocy. CM has the material: RIM. Make adjustments there? Somehow link to the ext_config.ini?

I did get the silver-ish color/texture to work as I had the .dds file named wrong.

Thanks for your help!!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 137 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.2%