Chevrolet Corvette C6.R setups

Ok guys, this has proven to be a tricky combo for me. Spa seems to be a 1x monster. It has been very hard for me to put in clean or consistent laps. I jumped into a hosted race with this combo the other day and it seems as though I am not the only one having trouble. This became very apparent durning qualifying as there were a lot of people who fail to put in a clean lap durning the allotted time. Well anyway the best I could put down was 2:16.7 with race fuel, I'm sure there will be alot of guys faster then that and hopefully by race time I will be faster then that. I'll post my setup but keep in mind that I am not a setup guy, I try to adjust until the tire temps are good and for what feels good to me, I'm sure some of the guys who know can make it faster but it is predictable and stable. I'm still playing with the fuel so it may need just a little more to make the 15 laps.

Attachments

• Spa.sto
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,562
Post your Chevrolet Corvette C6.R setups here!

===============================================================================
Sebring by Will Marquez

Was wondering if anybody has a stable Vette setup for Sebring? The one I've been running with is the Sebring fixed setup that iRacing has and it's quite a beast here.

What times are you guys running here with the Vette?

Ok guys, this has proven to be a tricky combo for me. Spa seems to be a 1x monster. It has been very hard for me to put in clean or consistent laps. I jumped into a hosted race with this combo the other day and it seems as though I am not the only one having trouble. This became very apparent durning qualifying as there were a lot of people who fail to put in a clean lap durning the allotted time. Well anyway the best I could put down was 2:16.7 with race fuel, I'm sure there will be alot of guys faster then that and hopefully by race time I will be faster then that. I'll post my setup but keep in mind that I am not a setup guy, I try to adjust until the tire temps are good and for what feels good to me, I'm sure some of the guys who know can make it faster but it is predictable and stable. I'm still playing with the fuel so it may need just a little more to make the 15 laps.

This setup wins :)

Some setups from season 2011/4

Attachments

• 2011 S4 - Silverstone - Yoeri Gijsen - R.sto
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,358
  • 2011 S4 - Suzuka - Yoeri Gijsen - R.sto
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 2011 S4 - Mid-Ohio - Yoeri Gijsen - R.sto
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,343
  • 2011 S4 - Lime Rock Park - Yoeri Gijsen - R.sto
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,313
  • 2011 S4 - Laguna Seca - Yoeri Gijsen - R.sto
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,344
  • 2011 S4 - Road America - Yoeri Gijsen - R.sto
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,422
  • 2011 S4 - Sebring - Yoeri Gijsen - R.sto
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,386
These setups are based on the fixed iRacing provided and were then altered drastically to provide for more agility and better tyre management. Generally I think the sets I posted are pretty neutral. They'll easily make the high and mid-speed corners once you know how the car works in those corners. The only problem seems to be slow turns. I find it difficult to set the Corvette up for those. I'll also add that the Sebring and Road America sets are less good than the Silverstone set, because I simply made those earlier in the season.

I disagree. some setups are oversteery all the time, some just wont oversteer unless you abuse the car.

Setups can differ greatly so by getting a slight info on the handling i dont have to download setups to realise they were made for a person with a driving style on the other end of the spectrum.

I disagree. some setups are oversteery all the time, some just wont oversteer unless you abuse the car.

Setups can differ greatly so by getting a slight info on the handling i dont have to download setups to realise they were made for a person with a driving style on the other end of the spectrum.
But I don't know how my driving style compares to yours. I might find my setup to oversteer, while you find that it still understeers. Moreover, words can only describe the feeling of the car so much. In the end, if you want to know what a setup drives like, you'll have to actually drive it.

What im saying is that if you build a setup that is very oversteery by nature it will always be oversteery by nature, the driver does not matter to much.

So if i am a driver that like understeery setups at the limit, i don´t want anything that will oversteer when pushed. That will save me time and not download the setups because they won´t fit my driving style at all because my style of driving is on the other end of the spectrum.

Same with understeery setups. They will understeer over the limit no matter who the driver is. Thus, if you get a small info like you posted above saying it´s either understeery, neutral or oversteery by nature it allows for people to quickly decide if it´s something they should or should not download in the first place.

A setup is nothing more than a bunch of numbers resulting in a certain set of abilities for a car. Changing certain settings will make a car more understeered or more oversteered and therefore the one setup is generally more oversteered or understeered than the other. However, whether a setup feels oversteered or understeered to a certain drivers depends completely on what he expects from the car and what his personal driving style is.

Gregger Huttu might be talking about his somewhat understeering, but stable setup, while I find that setup massively oversteered. Same setup, different perspectives.

That is why you should try a setup and judge for yourself. I can tell you it's stable, but you might think it undrivable.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%