1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cars Chevrolet Camaro 1968 1.0

Retro Racer

1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Rupe Wilson submitted a new resource:

ChevroletCamaro 1968 - Retro Racer

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drove a couple of laps on Nordschleife. Massively enjoyed it. :laugh:
    Very impressed and excited by the whole package, sounds and how it handles.
    Great work, man. Thanks. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Its not my mod/conversion :)
    I found it, tested it, and liked it allot. So i uploaded it for others to try and enjoy

I just can't help it when i see retro cars:whistling:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Have not tested to see how the lap times compare with the 68 and the Camaro street car 2012 on some tracks but that could be a nice match up, Old vs New
    Or race 1 the old 68. Race 2 the 2012 model round the same track food for thought:whistling:

im sure there is some racing to be had in this car;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Any drivers out there want to give it a test run and compare then let Andrew James or me how it compares with the street car or Opala. Let us know your findings...
    We will try and set something up :)

This is your chance to come up with a track or event with this car maybe using another car with it... its your call.

6. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

What a car ... just great, if you like those heavy, overpowered and not-easy-to-handle beasts. As I see this car, it is nothing like Opala, drive behaviour is closer to GTL Mustang maybe :thumbsup:.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

I'll do a little testing on the weekend and see if I can add it to the schedule for next week or the week after. it looks fun!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Yes ... yes, that would be great!

9. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

There are a quite few mods out there that a basically poorly converted or first attempts..
    These can have very poor FFB or bad sounds, or something just does not feel good or does not work as it should
    half the time your better off driving it in its original form.
    But every now and again you find a Gem, i think this is one :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Well any of you are always welcome to point me towards a mod you come across, and if it's any good I am happy to run some events.

11. In my case there's 10 seconds lap time advantage in favor of 68' on Nordschleife.

68' = 8.40
    Camarro SS = 8.50.

Decent clean laps, but still not familiar enough with the cars and track to push it to the limit. 3/4 of the track somewhat memorized now, the section between the carousels still needs some work.:)
    Both cars feel great. I prefer the 68', though. It feels like it's a bit more fun, livelier.

Anyway, great find, Rupe.:thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. I just came here looking for a cool retro mod, and the first thing I see is my favourite car of all times, the 1st gen. camaro. TYVM for the upload!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Our first event with the Camaro 68! Sign up.

14. I noticed A.I having issues when i was driving at Nurburgring, they were spinning out of control allot.

15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

That is probably the the track AIW line as it been converted they run pretty good on the default tracks in GSC

16. this is definitely better than the '12 camaro SS. also a lot more fun...wonder about the accuracy tho. is the fact that its apparently GT (or trans-am or w/e) spec enough to justify that?

17. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Got this on last night I like :thumbsup: