1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Cheers From Virginia USA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by donnyd, May 14, 2016.

1. Hi,

I'm Don and I'm brand new to the hobby. I campaigned a Triumph Spitfire in SCCA for three years back in the 80's, but the realities of trying to race cars on a college student budget soon put an end to that. I've been a frustrated racer ever since.

I was given an Xbox One along with Forza Motorsport 6 for Xmas and was sufficiently impressed to take the next step. I found a fantastic extrusion rig along with an authentic Bride GIAS seat on flea-bay and jumped on it. The next step was to get a Clubsport Xbox bundle from Fanatec. I've had it less than a week and it's already having major issues, but that's another thread.

When it works, I'm really enjoying the sport and am looking forward to the Assetto Corsa Xbox release. I'm hoping it'll offer more realism than Forza, but for what it is, Forza's actually pretty good once all the arcadie crap is turned off. When I first got my gear I was barely able to drive the lowest level cars, but with lots of practice, I finishing in the top five vs the expert AI and actually winning a fair bit. I'd love to dive into the PC side of the world, but I'm plenty challenged where I am for the time being.

Since I'm a total noob, I'm going to need a lot of help and lots of noobish questions answered. I just hope this forum is noob-friendly. =)

Anyway, best to all,
    DonnyD

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Welcome to Race Department, to deal with the last first, yes we are a very noob friendly place to be. You will find plenty of the members willing to help you. I'm afraid I know next to nothing about Forza 6 or the Xbox one but there is a section here where they should be able to help.
    Once again I hope you enjoy your time here at RD.:)

3. Thank you, Kenny! I really appreciate getting a response. It's one more than I've received on any other SR forum and quick. I have a hobbyist forum of my own where new posts are addressed instantly. It makes a massive difference to a noob! In the instant gratification interweb universe you have about 5 minutes to make a first impression. Very encouraging! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1