Check Out this Substantial Preview of the RaceRoom BMW M235i

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom BMW M235i Preview.jpg

Sector3 Studios staffer and prominent YouTuber @Georg Ortner has released a lengthy preview of the upcoming BMW M235i, coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience tomorrow.

Clocking in at over three hours in length, Ortner gives us a substantial first view of the long awaiting M235i GT4 specification racing car heading to RaceRoom in the very near future, with plenty of laps turned at the iconic Nordschleife circuit in front of a live stream audience.

The M235i, announced over a year ago now and scheduled to come to the RaceRoom store tomorrow, is another of those all too rare GT4 cars currently in the simulation.

Expected to ship with 23 unique liveries (of which previews can be seen below), this little weapon from BMW comes with plenty of expectation from fans of the simulation. With GT4 racing seeing a steady increase in popularity over the past few years, and with the slower and more forgiving nature of the cars resulting in closer, cleaner racing out on the track, one would expect the car to become something of a hit with off and online players alike.

With the impressive performance figures, the BMW M235i Racing - a production-based coupé - meets all the basic requirements of a successful entry-level racing car.

The car is used in series and events such as the VLN Endurance Championship and the Nürburgring 24 Hours on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. The BMW M235i Racing is also successful on international stages for BMW Sports Trophy drivers.

The motorsport genes are also easily recognisable in the production version of the BMW M235i Coupé, courtesy of the aerodynamically optimised body design. It is propelled by the most powerful petrol engine developed so far for a BMW M Performance Automobile: a six-cylinder in-line engine with M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology. With a capacity of 2,979ccm, the racing version is capable of generating 333hp (245kW).

Check out a few renders of the car below:

BMW_M235i_1.jpg
BMW_M235i_303.jpg
BMW_M235i_671.jpg
BMW_M235i_148.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

BMW_M235i_305.jpg BMW_M235i_674.jpg BMW_M235i_151.jpg BMW_M235i_306.jpg BMW_M235i_674.jpgBMW_M235i_677.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Looking forward to the M235i coming to R3E? Would you like to see more GT4 specification cars added to the sim in future? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Don't count on this being easier than the TT. I would guess a tad difficult. Not by much. Being rwd and all.
We don't necessarily need something which is uber simple, just more predicable. The recent changes to the TT made the rear end far less stable. For me I think it gave the car more personality, but it also means there are far more accidents and offs in our rookie TT races than there were before. This Beemer has been mentioned as a possible alternative, but we'll see. We do already have a couple of other options so it's fine if it's not suitable.

Huh? You complain about TT in Rookie series, but didn't have a problem with Group 5 vs GTO? :D
Don't think the G5 vs GTO was meant to be a rookie race ;)

Pressure's on - AC version of this car is sublime. C'mon Sector 3 - do us R3E fans proud!

Well, one thing the R3E version should be better than the AC one already - it's more up-to-date, including the rear wing that was only added last year to the car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%