GT Sport Check Out First Moving Footage of Porsche Gran Turismo Sport

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Porsche 2.jpg

Japanese gaming giants Polyphony Digital have revealed the first moving images featuring the Porsche brand in the upcoming Gran Turismo Sport game.

With the announcement that Porsche will be featuring in the upcoming Gran Turismo titles revealed back in early April, Polyphony and Sony have now confirmed GT Sport (due to release later this year) will be the first title to receive digital versions of the cars as standard base content, adding to the sim yet another key manufacturer to a game already boasting several high profile licence agreements alongside official backing from motorsport federation the FIA.

In a statement from Polyphony, the developers are understandably excited about the prospects of bringing the iconic German brand to the game:

"We are really excited about our newly-formed partnership. Porsche have been exhibiting exemplary strength in motorsports, and with its many victories in endurance racing, they’re famous for being the "King of Endurance". The vehicle names, all derived from races such as the Carrera, Targa and Panamera, are a direct sign of the deep historical relationship running alongside motorsport, which has always been part of Porsche’s DNA. The manufacturer’s involvement is less about prestige, but a matter of principle for the continuous improvement of their products with technology deriving from motorsports".

Currently the game is undertaking an intensive closed beta testing programme with selected players chosen through an application process on the Gran Turismo Sport website, and a release is still scheduled for mid to late 2017.

GT Sport is set to be the latest title from Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo franchise . GT Sport is scheduled for release during 2017 for Sony PlayStation 4.

GT Sport Porsche 1.jpg
GT Sport Porsche 3.jpg
GT Sport Porsche 4.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Gran Turismo Series sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussion around these racing games. We have a dedicated section for GT6 and for the upcoming Gran Turismo Sport release, so stay tuned for all the information as and when it becomes available.

Looking forward to getting your hands on GT Sport later this year? Do you think the change in direction by PD will be a good move for the series, or discourage the fanbase from picking up this latest game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It looks great, but after trying out the GT Sport beta, it drives like poop.
Says the young man, who works for Mr Ian Bell and is paid money by Mr Ian Bell.
Mr Ian Bell also pays for Austin's 'racing' car.
A big ugly lump, with Project Cars 2 written on it. (The car, not Austin).
Mr Ian Bell will be launching his 'new' racing car game, at around the same time as GT Sport.
Funny that...

Mr Ian Bell will be launching his 'new' racing car game, at around the same time as GT Sport.
Funny that...
any wheel you want so long as it isn't a Fanatec I guess ;)

Indeed Austin has a deal with SMS but let's hold on judgement until the title is out and with all the competition right now brand loyalty or not the title will still have to prove itself..

They said on of the Team VVV podcasts that the guy who does the sound for Sector3's Raceroom got turned down when he applied to Polyphony.. And it shows..

To be fair both Forza / GT have their own drawbacks and issues. This game will look stonking on a big OLED or good quality HDR screen. It does in many ways with presentation put to shame the best "Sim" titles on PC. Also the inclusion of real-world brands/marketing it's become a money making, monster of a franchise.

What is not really acceptable is this releasing and many past things not fixed or improved on. Including Physics. Especially as this is the first title for PS4. Yet in fairness T10 have helped bring 4 Forza based titles to Microsofts XB1 console and it could well be that Forza 7 becomes the 5th by the time GT-Sport arrives. "Driving Simulations" dont seem to want to focus on "Racing Simulation" that deeply.

Don't really care which is best or on what system but I just hope Forza has grown some new direction "in simulation" also migrating to please PC owners. Maybe wishful thinking but I don't think GT will really ever change that much.

This not supporting PS VR as a fully fledged device for all games modes is the biggest drawback of the entire game for me. Will Microsoft be interested in VR for Forza I wonder?

Last edited:
I mean looks great graphically, as usual....but wow.....I have this feeling those sounds are literally copied from GT6 RUF BTR '86 Racing exhaust variant (yes I remember that car's sound) with the volume turned up, and a low-pass filter.

Nearly every video I've seen on GTS...the sound is....dude....

No hype here. I'm spoiled with PC quality and so far...not a single thing on console has topped it.

Based on chronology...it would take GT about 35 years to match current day's AC and rF2 physically. Forget super perfect graphics...

IMO GTS doesn't even beat PCars let alone PC2. So much more detail in PCars. Sure GTS isn't as bland as AC but it's got a long way to go to match PC.

It´s pretty obvious from all the replays of GTS that they put more effort in natural lightning and motion blur etc, in this video you showed PCARS looks overdone and too saturated, it makes it arcadey and dated, just like the graphics from NFS SHIFT 2 which by the wway is based on that game engine and same developers

I completely understand why they do it, as clean as the game is, the seounds need to be aswell, and it makes it quite synthetic, but it has been an improvement for sure, for example the GTR GT3 sounds stunnig with its straight pipe sound!
Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. The sounds should be as close the the real thing as the models are (they took a lot of liberties in the front too, though, look at the corvette rear end). The sounds on both GT and Forza don't need improvement, they need a complete overhaul.

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense. The sounds should be as close the the real thing as the models are (they took a lot of liberties in the front too, though, look at the corvette rear end). The sounds on both GT and Forza don't need improvement, they need a complete overhaul.
The time it takes to make such real sounds takes very long, because its about making it feel right, speakng as sound modder for the AC 917K

The time it takes to make such real sounds takes very long, because its about making it feel right, speakng as sound modder for the AC 917K
They are being compensated by the buyers for the time invested. Release a half baked product is never right. Although I appreciate the great work you modders do, it should not be necessary. Developers should live by their words, if they call the game the real driving simulation, they should make the experience as immersive as it gets. Gran Turismo sound is always a joke. On Forza games some cars sound cool, some sound as bad as in GT. One would hope devs could take good examples from their competition and improve their own products... I guess it is too much to ask.

Funny that...

So if I rip the SMS logo off the rear quarter panel, GT Sport's tire model won't try to kill me when I roll onto the throttle at 180 km/h in 4th gear?

So if I rip the SMS logo off the rear quarter panel, GT Sport's tire model won't try to kill me when I roll onto the throttle at 180 km/h in 4th gear?
This is 100% what's the biggest problem with GT Sport driving model.
- the torque deliver is insanely direct
(seemingly no flex in the driveline, engine weight/inertia practically non-existent, also no engine-braking in downshifts)
- the combining of slip ratio/angle is like in a tire model from the PS2 era. The fall-off after the still adhesive slip-ratio part (usually at ~10%) is already far too extreme, but when getting wheelspin in a corner, there is immediately no lateral tire force left, leading to even more combined slip, leading to even faster wheel-spinning.

And don't get me talking about FoV, steering feel and characteristics.... I really wanted to like this.

Last edited:
Nice try....
Let's put it this way.
It is not very professional for an employee of one game company, to publicly criticize another, is it?
You know, now that you work for Mr Ian Bell, and Mr Ian Bell 'gave' you money for the SMS logo on your rear quarter panel. Don't forget the huge bonnet logo....
Or, is that what you are paid to do?
You know, publicly criticize other games which just happen to be coming out, at the same time as your game.
To may be plant seeds in people's minds; it's not good, don't buy.
The same kind of techniques that you ripped to bits in the past; and now you are doing it.
Sorry Austin, everything you say is now completely worthless.
Even your reply to me, has a dig in it at another game.
Everyone has a price, Mr Bell must be smiling at how cheap he got you.

i also really tried to like GTSport after having got enough of the half-baked racing-sims available.... the natural look is spot on, but other than this it just runs alongside the other crappy racing-games :D

they should simply cancel the game and release a DriveClub 2.... a fun immersive arcade-racer where i have time and money left for it :roflmao: but for GTSport i probably only have 10 bucks and 10 minutes left :p:laugh:

glad i never spent big$ for a new wheel. it would just eat dust these days :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years