Check out asus's new GTX590 phewoor!

hmmm, yeah it's a collectable PC part, lol. other than that, it takes up 3 PCI bays and the ram isn't even cooled by those heatsinks, lol, you'd have to have an extreme case and board to accommodate that lol. Gotta admit though, it does look good :D

I have just had a closer look and read of it all.
Its not a GTX590 but two GTX580's.

I am looking at getting a Corsair Graphite case so I can use the Corsair H100 Hydro cooler.

I was looking at getting two Corsair SSD sata 3 120 gig hard drives and raid them together, but I am thinking I might go for this GPU and wait for the drives.
As the GPU would be of more use to me in artwork and moddeling then the drives would.

But yeah the cooling of the memory does concern me too, I might have to look into that.

AH! ha ha ha ha ha ha
I have just seen the price of it....
£1,150 well thats just slapped an egg on my face.
lmao

lol, not to mention that dual core GPU's are not new, Nvidia has been releasing quad core cards for some time too. If your really after GPU power, take a look at the tesla cards Nvidia have to offer, now they're special :D.

Yeah I know about the quadro 3D cards that Nvidia do, I have been looking at the 2GB NVIDIA Quadro 4000, which is priced at £682.78 but I just dont wont to blow a big hole in my budget on a card that would be idealy just for artwork.
I want one which would be a good all rounder, a bit of gaming and artwork.
So if the price of the GTX590 doesnt drop soon, I will go for a single GTX580 Asus Matrix card and wait till it does come down to an affordable price, And if it doesnt then at least I can look at buying a seconed GTX580 Matrix and sli them both.

I mean I am sure I could play games on a quadro card but it would be a waste and would probably do more damage to the card then good.

Yeah I agree with what your saying, (bar the looks of it) as I think it looks swish, it reminds me of the 4Gb Asus RoG Ares ATI Radeon Dual HD 5870 that yeah I know is still pricey for its own good.

I have dropped back down to earth now regarding this card, as I am upgrading next week and buying a whole new rig (touch wood)
I think I am going to end up going for two 1GB Asus GTX 560 Ti TOP and sli them, untill the GTX590 drops in price.

I could go for a GTX 580 Matrix, but I think for artwork and rendering I am better off buying the two GTX 560 Ti Top cards in sli, as the board I am getting will fit them both in ok.
I mean if i go GTX580 Matrix and then buy a second at a later date I will have to buy a whole water cooling kit for them just to get them to fit on the board safely.

Although I am still in two minds on what cpu to get i7 2600k 1155 with a P8Z68-V Pro or an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T with the Asus Crosshair V Formula, AMD 990FX, an then wait for the new AMD Bulldozer to come out that will fit the board.

I do think I will be going i7 as its Hyper-Threading Technology is favoured for its rendering capablilties.

Any how what ever I do or buy, I know that in the next couple of months it will be half the price, as its a bad time to buy with all the changes just about to happen.

ha ha ha, sorry i went a bit off topic there :rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back