Check my big fat Booty!!

Ha! Can someone just check this for me please thanks (Sorry it's not rotated)

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_img_0840.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_img_0840.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 319
Just taking longer than normal even with everything disabled on startup.
Have you made any changes to your rig recently (parts or peripherals)? I've been having an odd issue where my Clubsport SQ Shifter causes my boot to stall if it's plugged in. Perhaps something similar is happening to you. If you give me a little more detail, we might be able to find out what is causing this.

Also, are you booting from an HDD or an SSD?

Upvote 0
Have you made any changes to your rig recently (parts or peripherals)? I've been having an odd issue where my Clubsport SQ Shifter causes my boot to stall if it's plugged in. Perhaps something similar is happening to you. If you give me a little more detail, we might be able to find out what is causing this.

Also, are you booting from an HDD or an SSD?
I'm booting from the hdd which I know is slower than ssd. I did a factory restore last week and my pc has been a bit twitchy since then. I also did a test and everything was fine apart from the boot up which was marked down hence why I thought something might have changed in my bios. Also, last year I used windows 10 media creation tool as I wasn't getting the nod to upgrade but when I did my factory reset, I was able to download a copy of windows 10 from ms but that's when my problems got worse so I've now gone back to the media creation version and it does seem to be running a lot better (Probably exactly same version lol!) just boot up taking a few seconds longer and programs not responding straight away.

Upvote 0
Hmm, if I were you, I would backup all important files, create a new Windows 10 install on your USB, do a complete re-install of the OS, drivers, firmware, etc. Since you're saying the media creation version you're using is running better, it's possible there were drivers conflicts and programs that were not running well and that version doesn't contain those.

Doing a clean re-install and installing only the programs you need will ensure that you install the latest drivers without remnants of older versions to avoid conflicts.

I'm just taking huge guesses here, this is the kind of thing that you be there and look into in person to see what is happening. You could look into trying to find a cheap 128GB SSD (or even a 250GB 850 Evo if you have the budget) as well to load your OS and a couple important applications as well.

Upvote 0
Cheers, how big a USB will i need? Also, with it running well now after re-installing the media version maybe I should just leave well alone. There is another thing which you might be able to help me with please and it's my headset software, it won't load. I've done everything apart from deleting my appdata and it won't let me finish that because it says some of the files are open but I can't seem to find where and I'm not even sure if deleting all the appdata will resolve my issue.

Upvote 0
An 8GB USB should do nicely. If you feel comfortable with the installation you have now though, you can do that as well. Headset, what brand/model is it? Usually software and drivers will install themselves in the Programs Files and Programs Files (x86) folder, or even in the root C:/ directory.

It's also possible the driver might not have completely uninstalled and is running in the background. Make sure there aren't any processes running that might look like the software you are using by checking them in Task Manager.

Upvote 0
Corsair void wireless. The software is called Corsair Utility Engine. I've just downloaded again from their site but it still won't open. I'll have a look in task manager to see what's happening in there. It shows it as running in the task manager but it just won't load up.

Upvote 0
Jim, it sounds like you have a whole host of problems. Hurry up and buy that new gaming PC. Then you'll be sorted.

I have stuck to Win 7 on my gaming PC as I don't trust windows 10 to not mess it up. Can't see any benefit of going to windows 10 at all................yet.

Upvote 0
Jim, it sounds like you have a whole host of problems. Hurry up and buy that new gaming PC. Then you'll be sorted.

I have stuck to Win 7 on my gaming PC as I don't trust windows 10 to not mess it up. Can't see any benefit of going to windows 10 at all................yet.
I second this. Seems like you have far too many issues and conflicts. I see you were thinking about getting a new PC in another thread. You should definitely consider it. ;)

Upvote 0

Only problem Andy is that windows 10 is free until end of the month then you have to pay for it.

Upvote 0
Only problem Andy is that windows 10 is free until end of the month then you have to pay for it.
I know it is Jim. And I still don't want it even if it is free. I see no benefit for me personally to go to Windows 10. I have a lot of old sims and games that work brilliant under win 7. They probably wont under win 10.

Upvote 0
I'm just thinking about me fitting it that's all lol
Ah, I see. :D It's usually as easy as clicking into a bracket, and then a couple of screws to keep it stable in the bay, and you're done. Like Paul said, the ideal setup would definitely be to have your OS on the SSD and games on the HDD.

The pre-built you were looking at is quite good (honestly surprised at how good the price is for a pre-built). That 6700K, 16GB RAM and GTX 1070 will last you for a while, get a nice 128GB SSD and you've got yourself a fantastic new rig.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is another version of that pre-built which comes with a 120gb ssd but no hard drive. I have an external 3 tb hard drive so would that all work? I would only have room for a couple of games on the ssd but everything else could go on the external yes?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back