Chassis Question

I have a Scania R Series truck in the game, and have the 6x2 Chassis.
Now, i'm looking for a bit more power, and am thinking of going to the 6x4, but I would also like the greater fuel capacity like the 4x2.
So, my question is, will I get the same power on the 4x2, as I would with the 6x4?
Does the 6x4 give me greater pulling power for heavier loads?

I'm confused!!!!

If you want more pulling power then you need a more powerful engine, not more axles.

In RL the chassis type is mainly about weight distribution. Most countries have regulations which state the max weight per axle, so the way to reduce it is to add more axles. Since cargo weight and weighing stations are not in ETS2 this does not seem to be a concern so the chassis you choose is probably purely cosmetic.

Having more axles (and therefore more wheels) could also be said to improve grip, but whether that is something simulated in ETS I don't know... probably not since I've never struggled for grip in my 4x2.

If you want more pulling power then you need a more powerful engine, not more axles.

In RL the chassis type is mainly about weight distribution. Most countries have regulations which state the max weight per axle, so the way to reduce it is to add more axles. Since cargo weight and weighing stations are not in ETS2 this does not seem to be a concern so the chassis you choose is probably purely cosmetic.

Having more axles (and therefore more wheels) could also be said to improve grip, but whether that is something simulated in ETS I don't know... probably not since I've never struggled for grip in my 4x2.

Having a 6x2 vs a 4x2 in real life actually costs you grip, many 6x2 units (especially the MAN's and Mercs) really struggle for traction when moderately loaded often meaning you need to lift the mid lift axle to gain some traction, on some trucks you can have a 6x2 with a "tag" axle, in this case the last axle at the very rear of the unit is the lifting one and you can adjust the weight on it to gain traction when required without having to lift it all the way, a 4x2 will always provide more traction than a traditional 6x2 in most cases, but as you already mentioned axle weights and stability also factor into this discussion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back