1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chase the rabbit fun event - Saturday February 11st 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Car: Mini Challenge (team Bugs Bunnie) and WTCC 07 BMW (team Wile e Coyote)
    Track: Thunder Forest Long
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07
    Skinpack: Download

20:00 GMT: Joining time
    20:10 GMT: races (as many as wanted)

Server and teamspeak password: Passwords
    RD Club Rules: Click here

We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

When you have signed up we expect you to be there, if for any reason you can not make it you can sign out 1 hour prior till the practice starts, otherwise you will be reported as a no-show.
    You can not sign up as a maybe, you are there or you are not, we will not reserve grid places for people that might be there, we rather give them to people that will be there.

At the moment qualification starts and not all places are taken reserves can go into the server.

Event goal

The goal in this event is to prevent one of the five rabbits to complete 3 laps of the track in the 20 minutes allowed to do it using any way you want, if one of the rabbit succeed to complete 3 laps within 20 minutes team rabbit win if none of the rabbits complete 3 laps within 20 minutes team Wile e Coyote win. there will be 5 Bugs Bunnie and 20 Wile e Coyote.

There is only 3 rules, your not allowed to go backward on the track, your track map must be turned off and Team Bugs Bunnie will have a 15 seconds head start. we trust that everybody will obey those 3 rules, other then that you can do what you want, cut the track, run on the grass, hide or anything that comes to your mind.

for this event Teamspeak is highly recommanded, there will be 2 channel created for the event one called Team Bugs Bunnie and the other Team Wile e Coyote, Team Bugs Bunnie channel will be password protected and will be given to the members of that team by pm an hour before the start of the event. this will prevent team Wile e Coyote to spy on the strategy that Team Bugs Bunnie will use to try and complete 3 laps.

Custome skin

There will be a skin made for each team, would be nice if everybody install and use the skins for the event but its not mandatory.

Server settings

the damage will be set to none so the cars won't get destroyed and all the flags rule will be turned off.

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below. please specify in which team you want to be part.

Team Bugs Bunnie:
    1. Erik Tveit
    2. Aaron Channer
    3. Richard Haslam
    4. Jonathan Motteram
    5. -
    Team Wile e Coyote:
    1. Norbert Sass
    2. Aristide Romanov
    3. Chris Gallop
    4. Robin Cook
    5. Paul Boeschoten
    6. Linus Broström
    7. Roger Prikken
    8. Frankl Mate
    9. Andrew Moore
    10. Yves Larose
    11. Marcus Dillon
    12. Nick Deeley
    13. Bjorn de Haas
    14. Kennett Ylitalo
    15. Alberto Casado
    16. Gar Hoogwout
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
  2. hi!
    i'd like to sign up for the Team Wile e Coyote :D
  3. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

I'm rabbit :D

Team Bugs Bunnie: please :D
  4. Sign me up for Team Coyote, thank you.
  5. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I'll go as a Coyote please.
    Not played this style for many years, was on PGR2 when I played and it was called cat n mouse then.
  6. Coyote please. sounds like fun.
  7. lol go on then. I'm in. Not fussed which team. :D
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'll put you in Team Bugs Bunnie Aaron ;)
  9. lol yeah no worries.
  10. Ariciuc Razvan

Ariciuc Razvan
    Premium Member

This is gonna be fun! i''m in!
    Can i please be in team bunny.. i don't know the bmw and i've driven only FWD cars so far...
  11. team bugs bunny please :)
  12. Mike Bell

Mike Bell
    One-time RDTCC Race Winner Premium Member

sign me up please - team coyote please

Tveit hunting time :D
    • Like Like x 1
  13. coyote please :) Petter Solberg is... no sorry, Erik is going down :p
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Sign me up please. Sounds like fun! I like the mini but don't mind if I'm a rabbit or a coyote...
  15. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i've put you in Team Coyote ;)
  16. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Fantastic idea, can't believe I can't make this one :(
  17. team bug pls haha
  18. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Guys, as I've not been about for a fair while, I don't know how many times you've run this event, but I'm having a practice with a couple of mates, 2 coyotes and one bunny. It's really not enough, especially with WTCC 07s. We've been trying it with the extremes, which is alot better, but the bunny still did 8 laps in 20 mins.
    The bunny had never played this style before, but the two of us Coyotes have, but it's soo hard to slow the minis down enough.

My 2 cents would be 5 laps and using extremes might work better.

The bunnys slowest lap was 2:51, fastest of 2:12.

It might just be a lack of cars on track for him to navigate, but just the 15 seconds gave him almost a full lap for free.

Don't wanna appear like I'm whining, this is meant to be constructive.
  19. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Chris its the first time we do that kind of event so this event is kind of a test but my guess is that the fact that you were just 2 coyotes made it easy for the Bunny, the first lap might be easy for the Bunnies but i image with the strategy people will take the second and third lap won,t be so easy if doable for the Bunnies cause if we have 20 coyotes on the track it will be very hard for the Mini to gain any kind of speed. i'm also guessing that the Mini had a full setup so it helped too and i imagine that people won't take time to work out a setup for the event.

anyway like i said its the first time we do that kind of thing so it might need some tweaking here and there for the next time.
  20. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

thanks for response Yves, as its the first time running it, might it be an idea to put a test server up so that we might get enough people to try it out?
    As I said before, I've played this style many times as its a good chuckle and would hate to see if fail at the first hurdle because it wasn't balanced and people are unwilling to give it a go later.

And the mini driver never sets his car up, he's still quite new to the game.
    Also there's a real issue with cars getting caught on the wrong side of barriers and in quick sand.
    This could be used to coyotes advantage to lower the number of bunny's that need stopping, but it would be pretty boring for.the guy stuck, besides, its the coyotes that tended to end up in those situations.

Also, the way we used to play was with teams of 2, 1 in mini, one in fast car. Aim was to get your mini across the line first. Less 'balance' issues that way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.