1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Changing To A Triple Monitor Setup , Radeon Hd7850

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Brian McManus, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Brian McManus

Brian McManus
    Steam: Brian Mac Premium Member

Hi.
    I want to go for a triple screen setup now,
    my system specs are ,
    intel i5 3570 ivy processor.
    8gb's of corsair ram.
    radeon hd 7850 2gb.

i was looking too get three acer 23" monitors.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

What display hub would be recomended to use and where can i get it online ?
    i want one that uses the uses the 1.2 display port on my graphics card
    and use three hdmi cable from the monitors.
    iv never used a triple monitor setup before any tips or recomendations would be gratefull.

Thanks in advance.

2. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

Just out of curiosity: Why would you want to use any display hub when you can directly connect 3 monitors to your graphics card?
    AFAIK every HD7850 is capable of eyefinity out-of-the-box. Just connect one display through DP and the other two through DVI and you're good to go, right?

3. Yes that is very true. When I had that same card I used to play Flight Simulator X with 3 screens without need for any special equipment. Just used Eyefinity and it worked fine!

4. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

5. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

After you are done I would be curious to hear about your experience. I have a 7870 and would have always though it not to be powerful enough to run trippel a decent frame rates. (I already have to tune down AC a little bit to get decent frame rates on a single full HD)