Changing part of a surface's material.

R

RubberSideUp

• RubberSideUp

Any help with this will be appreciated, i'm a bit baffled!

I've been looking through some of the tutorials on the BTB site, and i've extended the edges of my track with the surfaces tool, intending to have them grass/gravel. The tutorial shows that once on the materials radio button, points can be click&dragged to select an area of the cross section to change material. But when i try this, nothing happens. Theres no marquee box appearing, and the whole cross section stays selected.

So, how can i grab just the outer points on one side of the track to change the material of it?

Thanks for any help.

Rubbersideup - if I understand your query correctly, you need to go into the shape of the cross section, then go to the materials of that, then click the last node in that cross section line (whichever side, left or right) and drag it inwards. What will happen, is that the red highlight (the material) will now only apply to certain nodes. You will be left with a few nodes that do not have a material on them. Then right click and add new texture, select, and the new texture will be applied to any area/s of the cross section that had no material applied to them.

• RubberSideUp

Rubbersideup - if I understand your query correctly, you need to go into the shape of the cross section, then go to the materials of that, then click the last node in that cross section line (whichever side, left or right) and drag it inwards. What will happen, is that the red highlight (the material) will now only apply to certain nodes. You will be left with a few nodes that do not have a material on them. Then right click and add new texture, select, and the new texture will be applied to any area/s of the cross section that had no material applied to them.

You sir, are my hero. :wink:

That sorted it. Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back