Changing a mod physics

is it possible to take the physics from one mod and use it in another mod, if so what files need to be changed ?
any help much appreciated.

No not really. Each physics is based on the models of the cars in the mod. Hight. Weight, Wheel base perimeters eg. eg. They're all unique to the mod with good reason. Any changes will cause mismatch online so this I guess is for personal use only. Just use the mod that you like the physics in like the rest of us.

Ok how about I come around to your place and take your TV and video because there better then the ones I have. How would you feel about that. The same as the team that built the mod you want to take their hard work out off because you think some one else did a better job I'll bet! Mods come with a read-me. Read it. That'll give you some idea on how people feel when their mods are pull apart.If you don't like the physics don't use it.

not so sure it would be that easy (not sure why you would want to do that, but anyway?) there are a lot of file associated with each vehicle, I would think it would be a nightmare to get working, not worth the hassle I wouldn't have thought?

i would like the latest individual f1 physics for PRIVATE use, just to see if i could get max performance from a poor car.
ive looked at the settings in the HDV file...and got severe brain ache!

if i could just tone down a lotus would be great.

i understand the file structure, its the values in the HDV that baffle me.

[general]
[frontwing]
[rearwing]
[bodyaero]
[diffuser]

look the obvious ones to change. to what though will be 100% guesswork.

Do not underestimate the amount of work involved in learning all those values and how they interact. It will easily take you a couple of years to master, and you will probably need to develop your own tools to edit them in a consistent way. If you really want a specific set of physics, you might be better of having them developed for you by an expert.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back