1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Champions Race @ Kuusamo, Wednesday February 5, 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM PGP
    Car: Legends Racing Mod [download here]
    Track: Kuusamo [download here] [Password to be released]
    Weather:
    Hopefully
    Games: Race 07

19:30 GMT: Password for track zip file released
    20:00 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (30 minutes)
    21:30 GMT: Race (30 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Kennett Ylitalo has put together a package race for the RD Race 07 club that's just too good to not run!. Members from Presto GP and the club are welcome to join in a different kind of race format using a car never available in this club and a brand new, never even released track by Kennett. Anyone that has races Cicada or Alpine Hills knows that he makes real road courses with beautiful scenery. I'm sure this one will hold nothing back and it will be well worth joining this race to be one of the first drivers to see this track. I haven't even seen it!

The track will be made available in a password locked zip file. 30 minutes prior to the event the password will be released with an edit to this post.

It's advisable to test the track in off-line race but also requested that no one complete a lap. For this event drivers will come to the event with no laptimes, no setups, no experience but a quick peek. That's up to each and everyone's own conscience, gentlemen don't cheat. Be on the server at start time!

Everyone joins the server, it will be opened well before the event with "infinite" Practice 1) but no one goes on track.
    Once everyone i present:
    50 minute qualifying session, changeable weather.
    10 minute warmup, changeable weather.
    30min race, dry.
    Cycle back to practice 1 for possible breather. No one goes on track!
    30min race, changeable weather.

Entry List:
    1. Kurt Kjellin
    2. Arunas Linkevicius
    3. David Kingshott
    4. David Turnbull
    5. Guus Verver
    6. Valerio Vinassa
    7. Nicolas Rouge
    8. Valter Ostman
    9. Anthony Ishak
    10. Alberto Casado
    11. Reik Major
    12. Dennis Phelan
    13. Reggie Blain Snr
    14. April Dillon
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -

Server is UP!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yes please!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in

• Like Like x 1
  4. We have 9 PrestoGP drivers signed before this post opened so expect a longer list to appear soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Count me in - internet allowing

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

sign me up please :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  7. sign me up please :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Sign me out please; this has got to be an alien-exclusive; they are too much of a handful for me even on a track I know. Suppose next time I'll drive them before signing up; was just excited!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sign me up please, gave these a go in GT Legends and they were a lot of fun and a proper handful :D Cant wait to try out Kennets track with these beasts

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Sign me up thanks Dennis;)

• Like Like x 3
  11. WOW! Looks like this grid is filling up fast! I'm not even remotely confident with these cars yet, so I'll hold off on signing up; see how the grid fills.
    SAY! If the grid becomes full (seems likely) would it be possible to have a live stream of the event so those of us not driving could watch?

• Like Like x 3
  12. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

ive had a couple of laps so far on nords with these, i must say their a totally diffrent beast from anything ive ever driven in sim racing, starting to quite enjoy the seesawing lol, the old saying of "slow in, fast out" is very fitting for these cars, im sure you guys will get the hang of them in no time, just be slow and steady :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Please enter sign me up, Dennis

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    • Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

valter, you might want to rephrase that........

:laugh:

well.. unless dennis is happy to "enter" you :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. David, in Presto spirit, can you post your setup used in Nordsleife? It should fit very nicely to the track, only last gear ratio needs tweaking between the two tracks.

The difference between cars:

Torque/Weight (nm/kg):
    Grabham: 261/601
    Hooper: 285/638
    Britus: 305/605
    Yonda: 320/656
    GBR: 316/626
    Beagle: 310/628
    Scarrini: 305/613​

There is an update available that addresses the power issue but it's untested.. Everything but the first two are viable cars, "Scarrini" is probably the easiest from those and Yonda has the most grunt but is also the heaviest. My favorites are the Beagle and Scarrini. Take it easy with downshifts, blib and auto-clutch help. First three gears are tricky at the high revs so use shortshifting to keep speed thru corners rather than try to attack them. Slow in fast out is rewarding, these things accelerate faster than they brake. And they break faster than cereal, so maybe we'll lower damage a bit, to 75%..Otherwise the suspension arms bend too easily.

The event is not going to be an alien fest, there are drivers from both ends of the field. I hope no one object my participation, i know the track well of course but the actual driving tests were done few months ago.. From previous experience with cold laps event, if i skip the qualy and start at the back, we are all in even ground: i'm really not that fast and you guys will just have to trust me (my gaming motto is "don't be a dick" if that helps..)... In any case i reserve a slot, i think it's fair and if anyone objects, i'll stick to observing. Personally i think it's unfair if i can't join on track with all the work i've done but it is a clear sportmanship violation, which i understand perfectly well. It's up to the participants, you can PM Dennis or me personally if there's doubts or objections, anonymity is guaranteed.

Here's how the event will be totally unofficially scored (just for fun to see overall event winner):

Qualy:
    P1:100
    P2:50
    P3:30

Race, from 1st to 10th:
    20​

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  16. The story behind the track:

We have a very active Bobs TrackBuilder group in FB (don't worry RD, we generate more traffic for you than what this costs... ;) ). Someone came up with a concept of a trackbuilding (non)competition, just for fun. We all used the same layout but style was free and all material open source to be handed out to new trackbuilders as an example of the different techniques each builder uses.

This track is the end result of that competition. As a new feature, the road has multimaterial surface that i finally managed to make it work visually in the rain (don't know any other track that uses the same method, been trying for 2 years to make it work..). Stick to the middle of the road, keep looking for visual clues from the surface to find the grip before trying to attack apex. The road is worn with a lots of heavy traffic. ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 3
  17. sign me up please . thx

• Like Like x 4
  18. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Swenglish, I get it David, hehe. I mean sign me up please.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    • Haha Haha x 2
  19. I'm in

• Like Like x 4
  20. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

I not have David skill:D anyhow here mine setup.
    note: i had a better drive when i have increased the range of steering wheel now is 420 degree.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4