Challenging Times at Red Bull as Verstappen and Ricciardo Crash in Hungary

As a Red Bull fan, this just sucks because it ruined their race (and potentially the viewers race) and it was just unnecessary. It's awesome to see him make up places and be aggressive, but Max has had 4 first lap incidents this year and while they weren't all his fault, more experienced drivers learn not to put themselves in situations where things like this happen.
Of course, you know exactly where Kvyat will hit Alonso like in Austria
Or you know exactly that Bottas will take out Raikkonen who will hit you.
Some things are unpredictable. Just like the reliability of the RB13.

@neuer above
I don't think there's any safety problem in F1. MotoGP or Manx TT is more dangerous

Last edited:
Of course, you know exactly where Kvyat will hit Alonso like in Austria
Or you know exactly that Bottas will take out Raikkonen who will hit you.
Some things are unpredictable. Just like the reliability of the RB13.

This is the problem with Max and his blinkered fans, it's always somebody elses fault. If you go 3 wide into the first corner, the chances are pretty high that there will be contact, just like Spain and Canada. He's a great racer, super fast and has unlimited potential, but if he can't make past the first lap without incident, none of that matters.

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've read on here so far, coming from someone on the internet who has never driven a competitive racing car in his life.

If Verstappen thought he was still driving a Playstation, he wouldn't be besting his teammate most of the time. If you really believe that he isn't of the level of a simracer, you should ask yourself if you actually know what it takes to be a racing driver?

And then you blame Vertappen for mechanical failures and a kamikaze Kvyat. Are you kidding me? :laugh:
Max is besting who??? I Love Max but you guys are on a date

Max's fault, no question, as to why it happened, simple, he out-braked himself, result, under-steered into his team mate, could of been anyone, just bad luck it was Danny Ric. I will give max Kudos for having the balls to apologies like a good team mate and admit it was a bad move, but the 1st rule of team racing is to beat your team mate, if I'm not mistaken.

Personally, I'm not in favour of the media scrum so soon after these incidents, it's just to raw for the driver(s) and things get said that are heat of the moment, but can never be unsaid, this is were the animosity starts, and it can and does destroy friendships and teams. I would rather see the media wait till it's all been sorted within the team before they get to ask those provocative "whats your take on what happened" questions.

EDIT: I just realised this is post #44, I hate that number for obvious reasons:D:laugh::laugh:

Max's fault, no question, as to why it happened, simple, he out-braked himself, result, under-steered into his team mate, could of been anyone, just bad luck it was Danny Ric. I will give max Kudos for having the balls to apologies like a good team mate and admit it was a bad move, but the 1st rule of team racing is to beat your team mate, if I'm not mistaken.

Personally, I'm not in favour of the media scrum so soon after these incidents, it's just to raw for the driver(s) and things get said that are heat of the moment, but can never be unsaid, this is were the animosity starts, and it can and does destroy friendships and teams. I would rather see the media wait till it's all been sorted within the team before they get to ask those provocative "whats your take on what happened" questions.

EDIT: I just realised this is post #44, I hate that number for obvious reasons:D:laugh::laugh:

1st rule is don't ruin your own teams championship

I will give max Kudos for having the balls to apologies like a good team mate and admit it was a bad move,.
He had no choice than to apologise..
he out-braked himself, result, under-steered
You are our new Max Verstappen u delequant Aussie B&%£*&^:laugh::laugh:,thats exactley what you do when we race..You get your Playstation out and get some PRACTICING done:whistling::whistling::whistling:..

, but the 1st rule of team racing is to beat your team mate, if I'm not mistaken.
It is, but do it safely and not on the first few corners where there is no chance of overtaking..

i don't like verstappen but it just looked like an accident. his fault, penalty seemed appropriate.

ricciardos whiny bitch rant was just pathetic.

Even for paying fans like myself it is literally impossible to rewatch events.

This is a big problem. For all the slickness of the T.V. production (enforced compliance, really) the internet accessibility is stuck in the 90s. Although I think it's getting better now that Bernie is gone (I'm sure he still controls some legal rights), it's still akin to trying to bust out of North Korea or the Nazi gulag to see any full length recording of an event. It's having the opposite effect, as IndyCar well knows. If I miss a race, I either have to catch the highlights or suffer through a 480p rerun (that's free, if you all get Kodi) until the higher quality one can come through. Cutting the cable has been wonderful, except for F1. Even the other FIA stuff is beautiful and free, usually the same day or next. The F2 races are fantastic. They are as good as F1 is messed up.

I remember Ricciardo being in the same position as Verstappen as he was the Rookie at Red Bull and Vettel being the experienced one. I'm a Vettel fan so I was very upset with Ricciardo being faster than Vettel, but I can't remember Ricciardo one time hitting his teammate in a race. (Although I wouldn't trust my memory)

Ugh...all those references to other accidents...sooo childish. The dutch reporter Olaf Mol: "I dont wear orange glasses but that penalty is too harsh. Bottas this and that blablabla". Such immature subjective reporter behaviour. Its not about any other race or driver. Max made the mistake period. A greedy impatiened and frustrated teenager made a classic mistake: divebombing a gap and miscalculating the speed. **** happens and it wont be the last time.

The objective is to generate internet traffic. More traffic = more publicity = more potential income.
The most important question about that race should be about Alonso setting the fastest lap of the race.
It is also achieved without the poll, that's the purpose of the article. The poll is there for 9 trolls and to start a discussion (which there is none, you can't discuss a fact, only mention it)

Just a noob over ambitious move from Verstappen. We see it in our online battles all the time. Locking up with cold tires and brakes in the first lap. The 2 of them could have done quite a bit better without this accident. Don't think we shall see this happening again soon.

Dani giving Max's driving a solid 1/10 :laugh:
giphy.gif

Okay if you do it like this: Then you encourage collisions. That might be exciting for the fans (yeay more for the crash compilations) but is a huge safety problem and from a driver perspective its not funny at all. You get hit you are out and if that happens to many times and you don't have enough points at the end of the season, you might lose your job. Or is it okay for you to be DNF'd in a race in a simulation of your choice?
They're racers, they're here to compete for victory, not to DNF because somebody lost control of his car.

Penalizing is the right way. I mean you see many other drivers (ie. Alonso) who can engage in wheel to wheel combat without crashing into the other guy and yet it looks spectacular. One problem on that is that some (new) drivers are paydrivers and are not quite ready for a F1-cockpit, pace and mentally wise and that the F1 was too soft on many occasions, allowing this dirty racing (ie. squeezing someone off the track) to manifest.

making mistakes is part of the learning process...

• Deleted member 113561

making mistakes is part of the learning process...
Sure it is, but Max Verstappen is not doing rookie mistakes, he is doing it on purpose. Can be seen in other races very well.
In this incident he took waaaaay to much risk into that corner because his attitude is incorrect. He takes too high risks into lap 1 and not for the first time. He should have learned that by now, but sofar it seems he doesn't want to learn?

Sure it is, but Max Verstappen is not doing rookie mistakes, he is doing it on purpose. Can be seen in other races very well.
In this incident he took waaaaay to much risk into that corner because his attitude is incorrect. He takes too high risks into lap 1 and not for the first time. He should have learned that by now, but sofar it seems he doesn't want to learn?
Don't think any F1 driver is trying to lock their tire on purpose.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 384 39.8%