1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Challenge for Modders: Formula Ford?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Jimi Hughes, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Just wondered, is it possible for modders out there to produce a Formula Ford for Race on/07?

I work for a Formula Ford race team in the UK so obviously have lots of access to any close up, detailed pictures and information (Apart from the secret stuff!!!) about the car if anyone is interested in trying to do this?

It would be absolutely awsome to be able to race one of best, most traditional british single seaters on this game, im sure i cant be the only one who would love to see Formula Fords on this game?

Please let me know if anyone is interested in doing this or knows where i may be able to get this (i have looked on the usual sites). Hope its possible and one day we may see it in online races on RD which would be soooo cool.

Cheers,

Jimi

2. Could be interesting, and would be fun to have these.

They'd probably be based off the Formula BMW's, although not having wings could make it tricky.

:)

3. I tryed creating one by chopping the rear and front wings of the FBMW and adjusting the physics... looked ok but nothing special. Physics would defo need some more work if it was to be released

4. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Yeah, thats what i thought. I do not have anywhere near the knowledge to do it myself, but it would be superb if someone did take it on

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

It would be nice. in the meantime, try out netkar pro. demo includes the 1600. 19euros for the full package.

6. Hm, may converting from RD3

7. Not a legal conversion, if I'm guessing that RD3 is Race Driver 3, by codemasters.

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

There's a scratch built 1973 Formula Ford mod in rF - probably easier, and legally less troublesome than the Codies one

9. Oh, I thought it would be legal, to convert RD3 stuff, so then I think it will get problematic.

10. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

good to see some interest in this, as i said i have no where near the knowledge to make a conversion myself, but would be superb is someone more talented than I decided to take on the task.

As for Netkar pro, i would love too give it a go but i am running race on and 07 on my laptop, which is taking the piss as it is with all my downloads for it, let alone tryin to run more sim games on my already depleating disc space!

11. I would start with a car like this one already in rF and remove the front and rear wings and the radiator + give it new wheels. Physics would be pretty simple as I have a car sitting on my HDD that performs quite closely to the FF which would just need to be sized down to match the smaller FF chassis physics...

Attached Files:

12. Günthar to the rescue again! :)

13. except