CG error

I not understand.
Can you be much explicit, please?

Whatever version you are trying to run has in its ...racer\data\renderer\shaders\shadowmapping.cg shader program source file
a statement at line 87 that does not make sense to the shader program compiler. Namely; max(int,int), which should be comparing variables to variables, or variables to constants, but this seems to be comparing a type to a type. Nonsense. I can't tell you how that got there. I don't know if this source is pre-processed at some point. What version are you trying to run?

Our laptop graphics cards are both in class 3 with respect to suitability
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-520MX.54717.0.html
(mine's a Quadro NVS 160M way below the GT 520MX in the list)
Those files are created at the time of the build. If your cg files are not corrupt then maybe you have a driver issue. Maybe the runtime pre-processor is plugging those nonsense values in there due to an old or otherwise unsuitable driver.

Actually, the error means the compiler is seeing max(int a, int b) which isn't a valid set of variables for max().
You could I suppose get rid of it by writing the line int iSqrtSamples=max(float(iSqrtSamples-index),2.0f);

Not sure why other cards don't have the issue; maybe they do the conversion automatically.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%