• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Caterham @ Thruxton - Mon 06Nov17

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Oct 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 06-11-17
  1. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,402
    A pleasure as always, gentlemen. :)

R1 was bloody brilliant. Lots of small battles......Yes, we were fighting for the honour of P17, but hey, racing's racing. :D

R2 was a complete shambles. I was getting tired and losing my concentration, plus I made the classic mistake of loading a new set-up right before race-start, which always ends well.
    End result; Lots of over-heating tires, tons of understeer, and about as much fun as a swift kick to the crotch. :roflmao:
    Ah well, all in good fun.

Oh, and if by chance the designer of the Thruxton chicane is reading this......
    I will find you.
    I will hurt you.
    :D :p

• Like Like x 6
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Two brilliant races. I really enjoyed both of them tremendously, it is a great combo. Sadly I ran out of talent on the second race going after @Sven-Arne Andersson in 13th place, getting a bit too close for comfort there for a moment, which made me overreact somewhat and lose a few positions I did not manage to gain back. But it is what it is :)

Thanks everyone, it really was great fun! :thumbsup:

My stream for anyone interested:

• Like Like x 4
  3. birle1

birle1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    very pretty races guys!! I don´t think i´m going to race every week, but i might think about it. lot of fun.

it has been my first race in automobilista, too. i practiced and with the help of theo it went so well.

and now, please forgive me. my english is not that good and i´m samed by all of you. :redface: i used to race in 15 or less persons races, and ussualy without teamspeak.

see you in two weeks.

• Like Like x 5
  4. KODIAK

KODIAK
    V8 Supercars is the best! Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    Horrible set of races, dunno what the hell was going on. I had people passing me in the straights like I was stopped.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    Take a look at the replay of race 2, somewhere along the straights.
    Your throttle pedal position indicator is at 80% maximum!
    Pedals need recalibration.
    I had a similar issue recently so it's one I look out for.
    Now be responsible with all that extra grunt!
    Cheers,
    Dan

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  6. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    I can't remember who... Paul maybe? Had a similar issue with the brake pedal as the lights were flickering

7. KODIAK

KODIAK
    V8 Supercars is the best! Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    I just noticed this while testing with super v8's, im 6 seconds of pace and I not spinning out when I ease into the the brakes hard!

thanks