rF2 Caterham Superlights @ Philip Island - Fri 6th August

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
We don't discuss laptimes ahead of my events, Wietse.

a) the times don't actually matter, as the spread of drivers means that you will get someone to race with no matter what time you're doing
b) people's best times won't be an indication of their times once they get into traffic, with compromised lines, braking etc.
c) people do strive to beat other's best times, looking for a tenth here, a tenth there, and then they end up getting bad habits on the track that cause issues come race day on a full track.

Im sorry but i dont understand why you dont share laptime......
A times actually do mather not in the race but offcourse,but in quali were you set your place for the race.....
B has nothing to do with what im asking
C You are talking about hotlappers, im not a hotlapper

im just asking for an indication here, im pretty new to this game and i want to know if im 20 sec too slow or 2 sec too slow, in case of 20 sec i have to set up some stuf in the game. in case of 2 sec im fine.

Im not going to see myself be 2 faster so :D

It may not apply to you specifically, but I don't make rules based on any one person, I try to look at it from a club angle.

I've explained why I don't want to share laptimes, and that will remain in place.

im just asking for an indication here, im pretty new to this game and i want to know if im 20 sec too slow or 2 sec too slow, in case of 20 sec i have to set up some stuf in the game. in case of 2 sec im fine.

Im not going to see myself be 2 faster so :D

i find the Ai with this mod pretty good, so i set Ai agression to full and Ai strenght to 105% which gives a good benchmark time & if you can beet them on 110% then your going quick :D

Well, still no laptimes mentioned, so obviously some people - who have been to events before - respect the simple rule asked for by the person who sets up their racing for them.

ok m8 were can i find this rule, i never heard of it..... the location of this rule can prevent stuff like this happening for me
instead of hammering on rules you could give the same info as nigel did

anyway lets not get stuck on this little thing.... :D

sign me up please but i have a question about event start time.it is at 19.00 gmt(British Summer Time observed), british summer time means gmt +1 so it is at 18.00 gmt, am i right?

No - it's at 19.00 GMT - no adjustments. We use GMT as our absolute value.

The "British Summer Time Observed" note is just a reminder that we are still in British Summertime in the UK and the equivalent daylight savings in Europe.

So the actual local start times will be 20.00 UK / 21.00 Paris, Madrid, Frankfurt etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%