Caterham Seven 620R

Cars Caterham Seven 620R 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
You know what guys? There's a little thing called "common sense" which applies to many aspects of life, and that includes the interpretation of rules and regulations. If RD's rules were followed and enforced to the absolute letter, there would be no mods here whatsoever for any sim. None. If copyright law, trademarks and software ToS's were followed and enforced to the absolute letter, there would be no mods for any sim anywhere.

I do not condone stealing other people's work, claiming it as your own, or using it with minor alterations and claiming it to be "new". But adding to someone's work while requiring that persons work to be installed separately, giving credit to said person right at the top of your own mod's description, and making all reasonable attempts to contact said person to let them know? Come on people... let's use some common sense here please.

To me it's this sentence from the original author that should answer all your questions: "It is forbidden to modify, copy or upload any part of this mod without my permission." Why don't you respect that? I don't get it. Is it so important to you to release this?

The "problem" is that the original Caterham Academy is an awesome mod, but unfortunately the author has disappeared and consequentely is not updating his work (sound no working, still tyres v5 etc..) So unfortunately is a "death" mod since I agree with you, strictly speaking, no one is allowed to update anything (sound, tyres etc.). The 620r is a car that many of us would have liked to have from the beginning in AC, and that's the reason for which someone, like me, is interested in this addon.

Anyway, to avoid any possible issue, I hope Rift Racer will consider my suggestion to contact Ben O'Bro, the creator of the new wonderful model of the Caterham, and hopefully they are interested to work together. Since it seems a 620r physic is not in Ben O'Bro's plans, I see this like an opportunity to drive a good quality 620r Caterham in AC in the short term ;)

Last edited:
How so? I might be missing something, but surely creating a mod from scratch is completely within ToS?
If you got permission from all the trademark holders for your mod, then it would be absolutely fine. i.e Mazda mod would need to be given the OK by Mazda etc.

To me it's this sentence from the original author that should answer all your questions: "It is forbidden to modify, copy or upload any part of this mod without my permission." Why don't you respect that? I don't get it. Is it so important to you to release this?

I've really lost the will to live in this thread. It was not important at all for me to release it, but people kept asking for it, so I uploaded it here, hoping to let others enjoy it too, with NO ATTEMPTS TO PASS ANYTHING OFF, STEAL ANYONE'S WORK... But just get the usual sim racing drama.

If you want to be really pedantic about it I could repackage it, removing all the irrelevant files which haven't been changed and creating my own (with no change whatsoever to end result). Would that make it OK? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm honestly asking... where do we draw the line here?

LOL I could've packaged the data in an acd file and put my own "TOS" stating that attempting to decrypt and view data files was not allowed. What then? Then you're breaking my TOS to see if I've broken someone else's TOS. It's a crazy, laughable situation. As @Ross Garland says, use some common sense people.

where do we draw the line here?

Good question. Where do you draw the line? If you include parts of data folder why not include 3D Model as well? Did you do the sound on your own?
How you can't see the disrespect to the original creator is beyond me.
Don't have permission = Don't upload. Simple as that. Common sense!

And packing it in an acd file? Should I post the disclaimer of fkkamil again? Please consider what marcocale said.

i'll try help the case here.
You tried to contact Kamil and didn't manage to. I don't think you will be able to. Last i talked to him 6 month ago, he said he was busy with his life and projects, and couldn't afford time for the mod anymore. Sad situation as he did great work, but good for him and his life!
To me, and that's just my opinion, as long as you state it is Kamil initial work, and offer to download only the file you changed (or rather, created...), and that you don't ask compensation for it. I think it's ok.
It's a situation where the mod is kinda dead because
A/. the sound doesn't work since kunos patch 1-something
B/. there is very little chance the owner will update it one day...​
I see what you offer as an "update" or rather an "extension"
If you made the skin yourself of the actual 620r, that would be even better.
Good question about the sound, did you make it?

since it's been mentioned, i might do a 620r later down the line (-why do a r500 when you can make the ultimate...) But first i need to have a final version of the current version ;)

i'll try help the case here.
You tried to contact Kamil and didn't manage to. I don't think you will be able to. Last i talked to him 6 month ago, he said he was busy with his life and projects, and couldn't afford time for the mod anymore. Sad situation as he did great work, but good for him and his life!
To me, and that's just my opinion, as long as you state it is Kamil initial work, and offer to download only the file you changed (or rather, created...), and that you don't ask compensation for it. I think it's ok.
It's a situation where the mod is kinda dead because
A/. the sound doesn't work since kunos patch 1-something
B/. there is very little chance the owner will update it one day...​
I see what you offer as an "update" or rather an "extension"
If you made the skin yourself of the actual 620r, that would be even better.
Good question about the sound, did you make it?

since it's been mentioned, i might do a 620r later down the line (-why do a r500 when you can make the ultimate...) But first i need to have a final version of the current version ;)

@Ben O'Bro Thanks, as with some others you seem to have a bit of common sense. I look forward to trying your car once it's completed.

Yes I created the sound, my first ever, bit of a learning curve in FMOD and I'm still not happy with it. I may have stolen a few samples from youtube etc. without permission so that'll be against TOS too :|

As usual we've managed to accumulate 2 pages of bickering and arguing in a mod car support topic about how "legal" the car is.
Surely just let the RD mods do their job, report a file you think is "illegal" if it's that much of a big deal and move on with your life.

Honestly at this point, all the fun in sharing the car for others to try has been sucked from me, I'm really not bothered.
If the mods decide to remove it, so be it. I'll be bowing out of this one from here on out.

Last edited:
I really don't like the tone in this discussion from a few people. Really guys, if you try to make a point bring it in normal wordings. High emotions never solve any issue or misunderstanding online, especially with text.

As people have described the original creator seems have vanished and can't be contacted. As far as I understand none of the orginal files are altered either, correct?

But to make an end to this discussion I am going to take our ToS literally as some of the shouters in this thread seem to do so as well and I quote:

If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on RaceDepartment by one of our users without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification. These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.

With that said the discussion ends and we resume a normal tone again and show some mutual respect between one and other.

@Rift Racer thank you for taking the time to update this mod and sharing your efforts with us for our enjoyment,
Internet is a strange place with a lot of self righteous big people behind their keyboards.
Fortunately, the majority will stay silent and appreciate quietly that you care enough to expose your self to some of the aggravation inherent to all forums activity.
I hope you find a way to use the ignore button, I have a long list myself and and a much more zen experience of forums from it, their is only a few after all, they are just very active.:roflmao:

Hello.I downloaded this mod but when i try to run it i get a message of "caterham_academy.kn5 not found".I have the caterham academy mod installed.
Edit:I did not install the academy correctly.All good now.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1578763

when i open assetto corsa it gives me this:
AC\node.cpp (237): Node::localToWorld
AC\suspensionanimator.cpp (112): SuspensionAnimator::addModel
AC\carlodmanager.cpp (201): CarLodManager::loadLod
AC\carlodmanager.cpp (68): CarLodManager::CarLodManager
AC\caravatar.cpp (1068): CarAvatar::init3D
AC\caravatar.cpp (891): CarAvatar::CarAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1446): Sim::addCar
AC\racemanager.cpp (462): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions