rF2 Caterham Series - Season 1 - Classic class @ Toban Run-Offs - Fri 5th Mar

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really remember all the details of both races, but I do remember that in the second race something weird happened during qualy...

I went out to qualy, but about 40 seconds into my outlap I remembered that I forgot to take out some fuel to make the car lighter, so I hit escape and adjusted the fuel correctly. I then went back out again, did one full outlap and then halfway through my first (and only) timed lap I got a warning about being disqualified if I didn't return to pit right at that moment for doing more than three laps.
How is that possible? I did about 30-40 seconds of one outlap, came back in and then did one full outlap and half of a timed lap. How is that 3 laps?
I had to start from last place in the second race thanks to that.

Lenno started right next to me in the back but he can actually drive so he went all the way to the front in no time at all lol. Me on the other hand, I need to be able to start from at least the middle of the pack to have a chance. So I was a little angry that my qualy had glitched out.

Even with the little qualy incident though, I still had loads of fun. These cars are a total ball to drive in traffic.

Thanks Stu for coming up with the idea to have a mini season with the Cats, brilliant!

If you leave the pits and esc back then it counts it as a lap, therefore it wont let you do the other two as you would only have an outlap and an inlap, if you see what i'm saying :) Theres only one way around that problem...don't forget to do your fuel before you go out :wink:

That's how I think it works anyway......

Yep, that what Stuart says is exactly how it works - the moment you leave the pits, that's a lap.

Think of it this way, if you had actually left the pits IRL, you would have had to go all the way round and come back into the pits again. The game just counts the Escape as that driving right round.

As you're limited to 3 laps, you abort one lap, you only have 2 laps left, so you'd get an outlap and then a timed lap, but you would need a 4th lap to come back in, hence the DQ. It's not so much a glitch, it's just the rules, but it's quite a painful way to find them out, I'm afraid. Still - at least you now know that it's better to take the weight penalty of some extra fuel, than to quit and adjust it, if you find yourself in the same position again.

Personally, I always Practice and Qualify with race fuel in. I'd rather take the slight "penalty" of the weight to have the knowledge of exactly how the car will handle and feel on lap 1.

Another thing you can do in rF is to assign a setup to be loaded by default on a track - I put my race/quali setup to be that "assigned" setup - that way I know I've always got my race setup loaded. This can help a lot for the second quali and race, as the game treats that second set of sessions as a whole new weekend, effectively a new track, and will load whatever it thinks is the default set for that track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%