rF2 Caterham Series - Season 1 - Classic class @ Toban Run-Offs - Fri 5th Mar

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been able to find an easy way of doing that doesn't rely on me not ballsing something up, or dowloading results to form a batch file, or any other sort of manipulation. I'd like to just race in these myself, so we'll stay with how it normally works for now.

Stu, I imagine most if not all of the skins in the pack are personal skins right? Since I didn't get to submit one in time, will I be able to use the regular skins in the game, which happen to be just solid paint jobs without any numbers?

If the answer is yes, then sign me up.

Well that sux, my internet died on me 5 min before the end...switched to other connection but seems I have to miss out for 2nd race as well :S:S

Had pole...to my suprise...got spun 1st corner by someone so ye that was that....later had to avoid spinner midtrack so found myself well behind after those 2 incidents... Got back to 5th few secs behind stuart an then ...my connection died ...bummer but **** happens ..

Edit:

Got back in :) weeehee switched to another connection.
Got pole again and had a better start now but a slight tailgaiting slipstreamign touch with Martin send us both off the track :( Sorry again Martin. Also gave away my lead once again so after waiting for Martin we started chasing. Ended up 5th or 6th again and then lost in in last chicane to finish god knows where :p

1st race...got taken out...2nd race...own fault. Shame since laptimes where low 1.16 constantly.

GRATZ TO WINNERS !

<-- stupid. Sry if I ruined someone race, I just cant drive in traffic... these cars just go off if you just blow on them... Gave up after putting anders off, that should count as waiting I hope? I left so I wouldn't ruin anyone elses race. sry.

race 1: got a good start, somehow avoided all accidents and made it to 3rd place after first couple of laps... then I could only watch the brilliant battle between Gary and Stuart, since there was never enough space for me to make my move... finished 3rd :cool:

race 2: good start again... I overtook Ries and was leading the race, but then we had a small incident which sent us both off the track... then I slowly made my way through the pack and finished 4th with some unbelievable luck (Ries lost it in the last chicane and Kevin ran out of fuel on the main straight) :smile:

Ries: no problem... things like these happen :wink:

Tobias: you can only learn driving in traffic by actually driving in traffic... don't be put off, if you take somebody out... we've all done it...

Nice results page Stu. :biggrin: My races were as per usual. Race 2 was a little different in that I forgot to fuel up, got in a tizz, forgot how to refuel! By the time I sorted myself out I'd lost a lap to quite a bunch of people. Never mind, good racing...as usual. Well done to various hotshots. :biggrin:

Great nights racing!

I got away well at the start of race 1 and had a nice little gap to the guys behind but by lap 12 they caught me and what followed was a fantastic three way battle between Gary, Martin and myself. It was neck and neck, side by side, lead swapping fun :thumbup: Martin eventually made a small mistake allowing Gary and me to fight it out between us for the rest of the race, and fight it out we certainly did :smile: There were a few minor contacts, but nothing dirty, just hard racing. We swapped lead several times and as the 1 min remaining warning came up Gary was in front but i felt i could get the win it if made the pass at the right time...IE: slipstream him out of the last chicane. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. I thought I'd got it right but ended up 0.086 seconds short :biggrin: It doesn't get much closer than that.

Race 2 was pretty dull in comparison. Gary had a disaster in qual and i felt my 3rd on the grid was good enough to get the win. Things were made easier by the two in front of me having a coming together early in lap 1 and i slipped through and built up a decent gap. I was amazed to see Gary was up to 2nd place in no time at all. he must have then made a mistake or two as the gap between us got up to 4 secs at one point, but from then on he started bringing it down again. I tried to pace myself and not overdrive as I knew he would have to really give it some to catch me and he certainly gave it a good shot :smile: I was a little worried that he would get me with about 4 to go and I tried to push hard but ended up making some small mistakes. It made for a nervy last couple of laps but i managed to keep it together and bring it home for the win.

Really great fun all round. Looking forward to the next one. Great driving Gary!

<-- stupid. Sry if I ruined someone race, I just cant drive in traffic... these cars just go off if you just blow on them... Gave up after putting anders off, that should count as waiting I hope? I left so I wouldn't ruin anyone elses race. sry.

As others say, dont worry about taking people off, if you do, pull over somewhere offline and safe or simply slow down till the person you took out overtakes you, or if you were ahead, catches up and continue your battle. As much as possible, try and stay in the race and on the server.. - It can be anoying to be taken out, but that can be doubled if the person who did it then leaves the server. It's much more respectful to stay online, and continue racing were possible, and if required a small word of sorry after the race is done :).

Dont give up, even the Aliens are still learning ;).

I got on to a pace i was happy with right at the end of practice,but done a really terrible qual lap (almost off twice) so down in 8th i think to start?,and i can never seem to get the Cats off the line very good as well so i ended up wedged in the middle of an at least 3 wide cluster at T1,somehow held enough track to survive that and cant really remember much until that massive 3 way tussle with Stuart and Martin,utterly fantastic stuff!,really really had to dig very deep for that win.
A total qualify disaster for race 2 starting one place from last....tried i wide outside "swoop" at T1 and that ended with me being nudged off track briefly,i thought "oh here we go,a long night ahead"....but literally from that point on it all turned sweet,as i arrived on little battling groups they would suddenly have troubles with each other and the door would just open for me to sneak through,all happening too quick to keep up with,Kevin in 3rd was going very well and took some studying to work out a pass,and then what seemed like even more time shaking him off and making it stick ;p.
Stuart describes the varying gap thing,those moments were almost disaster after clawing some gap in,then almost throwing it all away,but i knuckled back down and put a good finishing series of laps together but too little too late,Stuart held his nerve through some slightly wayward traffic for a very deserved win,a win and 2nd spot each and a draw on points after round one sounds about right to me and makes me look forward to more of the same in the coming rounds.
One thing that showed tonight is how many guys are capable of running in a lead group,it came down to all the different levels of lucky breaks,or indeed unlucky knocks etc. that defined the seperate battling groups,im expecting bigger lead battle groups coming soon...
Great job Stuart and what a complete pleasure racing with you,good job Martin & Thommo getting in on podium spoils too.

Big Thanks Stu T. and RD

Driving in traffic is probably the most difficult task in sim racing due to the limited field of vision,and i must repeat what has already been said to you,the only way to learn that fine art is by practice,many hours of it as well,these Caterham events couldnt be more perfect for it too,this isnt some high payed big sponsorship world champ series m8,were all just here for a bit of online racing fun,i can assure you many of us are just a heartbeat away from punting someone off,the difference between just braking late enough and smoothly cruising up on the back bumper of the guy ahead,and locking up all wheels and skidding sideways in and taking you both out,is a very small difference indeed,so just stick at it and keep it within the club rules and enjoy.

See you at the next Cat nights m8

I had a total blast last night, as usual i dont give a damn about how i end cause i still haev a lot to learn (been racing since 25th dec. after 2 years break), and so long its a little step in right direction each race im happy.

Race 1 i qualed 4th and got a nothing short of perfect start, and zoomed right into 1st, a lap or 2 after i locked wheel in the tight right hander at the hill and Stuart came on the in side, so far so good. I managed to hang on until the nerves got to me, its amazing it can happen.... it felt like beeing racing RL again (same fgeeling last race), Gary was in hot pursuit in 3rd could watch me begin to make one error after another. Its impossible to drive when hit by that, back in the days i could shake it off easy, need to work more on that. The last bit of race 1 i had an awesome battle with Phillip for 9th place.

Qual 2 im not keen on commenting since i made a complete cock up in las chicane and ruined Gary's quest for glory, hence why i let him pass me in Race 2 (again SORRY Gary)

I got a good start again and was up in 4th in no time (big thanks to the run offs :biggrin:).... Thommo and some other came by me and i tried to hang on when my pedals all of a sudden decides to go loose and i gave up following Staurt & Co. i ended up with a guy behind me which had a bit of need to keep tucking my rear, happened in race 1 as well, name dosent matter. But that left me whit a smaked car which wouldnt go top speed and rarely turn and on top of that my dog suckerpunched a lamp which scared the **** out me lol.

Tobias dont worry m8. if i recall it right there was a little reverse incident at Le mas :wink: these things happens in racing, its by accident i dont mind at all, ive taken many out myself that way, and while we at it SORRY Gary for that thingy in qual. 2 i really thought you were further away, normally i wait until everyone is gone before istart to move.

I think last night was the best race in Cats so far, also look at the times in top 10, it was very close, despite the few alien immigrants running in the class. I look forward to the day where i wont spin or get nervours because i really really enjoyed myself last night..... and even though its mainly for fun i too wish tio get kisses from the cute girls at the podium..... one day... :cool:

Some pics from last night - race 1

Attachments

• r1-1.jpg
    r1-1.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 187
  • r1-2.jpg
    r1-2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 195
  • r1-3.jpg
    r1-3.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 214
  • r1-4.jpg
    r1-4.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 200
  • r1-6.jpg
    r1-6.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 195
  • r1-7.jpg
    r1-7.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 183
  • r1-8.jpg
    r1-8.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 211
  • r1-9.jpg
    r1-9.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 195
  • r1-10.jpg
    r1-10.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 203
  • r1-11.jpg
    r1-11.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 195
Good qualifications (6th and 4th) for me, but unlucky races! First one I was pushed out at the outside of T1 in the first lap, which sent me near the back of the grid (and no one waited to give me my position back). I started to fight my way back up, but then my pedals started misbehaving. Race two was even worse in that regard. I got a good start and finished lap 1 in P2, but by lap two or three my brakes were on all the time and since I was losing 10 to 20 km/h on the straights, people were running circles around me. It improved after some time, but it was too late anyway.

I took the pedals set apart today and cleaned everything up, sprayed the pots and all, so hopefully it should be better next time.

Thanks all for the racing and Stu for the organisation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%