rF2 Caterham Series - Season 1 - Classic class @ Ahvenisto LT - Fri 19th Mar

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Standings

standings.gif

Ahh stupid crash due to me not lifting a bit so i can go side by side with one of you guys in the last corner...)
Yeah I was just in front of you when that happened, I thought we made contact :eek:

By the way how is everybody shifting (pedals, sequential, H shifter)? I was losing so much time on the straights I must be doing something wrong there. I'm using H shifter + Heel /Toe as I understand that's how this car is driven in real life.

Had a couple of great moments with Stuart, that was pretty close racing :biggrin:

Yeah I was just in front of you when that happened, I thought we made contact :eek:

By the way how is everybody shifting (pedals, sequential, H shifter)? I was losing so much time on the straights I must be doing something wrong there. I'm using H shifter + Heel /Toe as I understand that's how this car is driven in real life.

Had a couple of great moments with Stuart, that was pretty close racing :biggrin:

I'm H shifting (yeah with my great new 6 years old replaced pot :)) and heel n toe. Check do you have proper upgrade installed? In the upgrades section, the one that says H shifter or something similar, it removes shifting delay, thats why you may feel that you're losing time on shifting.

You know what, I feel like such a ass right now. I checked my upgrades and and I did not buy/install the H-shifter upgrade. (Had the standard pedal, seq. installed)

Just for funsies I did 3 laps quick laps. Didn't expect much seeing that I had a couple of vodka's just now. Without much trouble I managed to improve my PB every lap :rolleyes: Doing a 1'37 in the last lap, such an improvement against the pace I was doing in the last race low 1'39' at best.

Both races were fantastic i thought,it was good to see pole position again this week,but a real duff start dropping to 3rd behind Thommo,many laps of trying to pass every which way possible,i would try a faint-shimmy-dummy here...an outside swoop-attempted switcharoo there....no joy ever!,Thommo just resolutely drove his lines which offered very little in the way of passing chances,eventually i ran out of running mm's away style luck/talent and nurfed his back end,i tried a secondary nurf to try and get him recovered again sooner (not attempted murder..honest guv),Oli arrived on the scene from 4th place and said "thank you very much lads" as he nipped through to 2nd,i got Thommo filtered in ahead me of again ASAP and the struggle continues,a lap or two later Thommo finally (finally thank gawd) cracked enough of a small error to get a proper pass done,thankfully Oli didnt get to break away too much so i had a right good tussle with him and got 2nd place,by now Martin was almost 20secs away for a very good performance win from the lights to the flag.

Race2 from a pole lap that really pleased me and a much better start,Martin got a better launch though and look destined for first by T1 once again!!,but i think he suffered connex probs??,and dropped away a little,but Toni T. sailed through from nowhere and took the lead clearly,i went for a big wide line run and it payed off nicely,i got the lead back and away we go!...took a lap or 3 to start to really shake off Tone and the gang chasing,and then i really found a good rythym and made a gap and held that to the finish.
Watched replay to see what happened with Martin at T1 arrival,a pity really as if he got the lead there again i reckon it would have been close to impossible to pass him,i did end up watching him and Toni battling over 2nd and 3rd places though......omg did those guys have a fight!! >;D,really good to watch them go at it hammer and tongs lap after lap.
Congrats Martin and Oli and Tone Loc for podium spoils
Points are still looking tight up there,i reckon the top 5 are all just a twist of fate or little misfortune away from each other.
Sorry Stu for race1 nudgo :(

Many Thanks Stuart & RD

race 1: not much happened really... got the lead shortly after the start and held it all the way to the finish...

race 2: got a good start, but was focusing too much on Gary and didn't notice Toni and Stuart slowly going past me... had to back off at the first corner, lost all the momentum and dropped down to 4th place... eventually I got past both Stuart and Toni but completely destroyed my tyres... Toni took advantage of that and overtook me in the last lap... I tried to get the position back, but I spun so I just cruised to the finish in 3rd place...

thanks everybody for some good close racing and congrats to Gary and podium finishers :wink:

Katsushika: I use sequential shifter + manual clutch and I left-foot brake... I only use H-shifter + heel and toe in singleplayer because I am a tiny bit slower with it :redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%