1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Caterham RS140 Enduro @ Zandvoort79 ***CANCELLED***

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stuart Thomson, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPT.COM CATS
    Class: Caterham RS140
    Track: Zandvoort 79

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (35 min)
    Qualification start time: GMT 19.35 (20 min, 6 lap limit)
    Warm-up start time: GMT 19.55 (5 min)
    Race start time: GMT 20.00 (75 min)

Upgrades:
    All allowed. The upgrades to this car make significant differences - Way more than the Classic or Academy versions. Make sure you have upgraded your car.

Enduro: This is a 75 minute race, and as we all know, the sticky Avons are way faster than the Road going tyres, but they also tend to be pretty used up by the end of a 25 minute race - this event is 3 times as long. Make sure you know how to:-
    a) Preserve your tyres,
    b) Come into the pit and change worn tyres,
    c) Both of the above.

Note1: You must apply to myself or Bob Hutchins for the password for this mod once you have signed up for the event. The password will NOT be given out on spec.
    Note2: Preference WILL be given to drivers who have supported the Friday Historic Events to date.
    Note3: All drivers who didn't drive recent events and who have the previous version of this mod installed should download and install this version, applying for the new password on sign up.
    Note4: There are not many skins for the RS140 (ie just the 1), so we will be using this skinpack. Just drop the contents into your rFactor\Gamedata\Vehicles\Caterham\Roadsport\skins folder, and select on the "skins" tab of the vehicle chooser.
    Note5: The zip will create the required "GPC79tracks" folder in your "GameData\Locations" folder. The "GPC79tracks" folder is required, otherwise you will get errors when launching the track.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]122[/signuplist]

2. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

3. Could you not have run this a week earlier? I will be in Scarborough.

4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

There will be others Bob

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

6. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Cheers Thommo

7. hi, i installed the mod i dont have enough XP to purchase the rs140.... whats the fastest way to get it until friday ? =)
    (dont played rf for a long time)...

thx guys

8. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Go into a offline test day and type: ISI_BABYFACTORY and you will get zillions money and all vechicels.

9. thx m8

10. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

As much as I want to race in this, I've been informed by my wife that she is taking me out. Where? It's a surprise! So I'm signing out, though there is a slight chance of me making the race.

11. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

12. Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon Cooper
    I love my Meemaw

Server now up

13. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but unless there is another 10 sign ups or so before the race the format could do with being changed to 2 x 25 minute races because an enduro with 10 people seems a bit pointless considering we only had 3 finishers in one race last week.

14. Norman Biscuits

Norman Biscuits
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Indeed, 10 people for an endurance race isn't the best. It's a shame we have two competing rFactor events on Fridays.

15. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Nah - We'll just scrap tonight's event.

16. Norman Biscuits

Norman Biscuits
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Ok.

I guess I'll go do the porsches instead then.

17. Same, shame as it was a lovely track.

18. NOOOOO!!!! please don't bin it, don't really want to do porsches since it'll just be a crash fest on that narrow track in the dark.

19. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I'll re-arrange it for another time David.

20. Jack Smith

Jack Smith
    Premium Member

Well if that doesn't suck. First, I missed a chance to go on a sailboat race up along the coast today because I didn't hear the phone call..ZZZZZZZ, and so I had planned to console myself with an endurance race, yaa. I just put two hours of weeding in the veggy garden and I just came in to practice and, well you know the rest. Next time then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.