rF2 Caterham Roadsport 165 @ Spa 1990 - Fri 3rd Sept

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
offline - go to a test session, enter ISI_BABYFACTORY in the chat box, and then quit the test session

you will have all cars and loads of cash

then you can buy the right car

Wish I could say I had fun tonight, but I really didn't, those on TS know why.

Other than that, nice clean racing as usual from Nigel and Ross, thanks.

See you all next week!

Had a good night tonight. At turn 1 i took the 'Kimi Raikonen line' (ie: round the outside of la source) and stayed out of trouble. Followed Tim up the hill, and kept it neat and tidy and avoided a couple of spinners. With some much-needed help from Nigel, we kept in touch with the leaders, and i was battling with Gary before he disappeared at la source. (Sorry for taking a dodgy line the corner before the bus stop, i totally mis-judged the turn-in) I lucked into 2nd place after Samuli pitted for fuel.
Race 2: Unintentionally took the Kimi line again into turn 1, avoided all the bumping and boring, and was in a similar situation to race 1, where me and Nige were by ourselves trying to catch the first 4 guys. As the race wore on, i was making more mistakes under brakes (a common feature of both races due to using the new gearbox upgrade) and Nige seized the initiative and overtook, as we were now under pressure from a recovering Chris and Samuli. However, a small error let me back through, and an incident behind gave me breathing space to hang on and maintain the gap to 4th place until the end.
Cheers Stu, cheers Nigel, good racing.

It was an interesting event:rolleyes: Sitting on the grid and i remembered i had not tried a start with this pedals yet so it was auto-clutch off and hope for the best and it went OK i was holding my own with those around me until i got tapped by a rocket that came from the back of the grid clipping my rear wing as he went flying past me and used a car 3 or 4 places up the grid as a buffer to slow him for the corner. Not sure what it is with the first corner kamikaze pilots but it sure does screw up some good races.
Managed to clear the first corner mayhem and headed for some fun action, made it up to 6th before i got tagged and spun by the car behind at stavelot, recovered from that only to get hit from behind by the same driver a few laps later while going through eau rouge and this time he did not wait, i picked up a lot of damage but the car behind which i think was also caught up in the accident was not so lucky as he had a dead engine. So that virtually ended race one as i could only limp home after that.

Race 2 was a lot more fun as thommo and i had a nice little scrap as we swapped places many times and i thought i had finally shaken him off as i pulled a gap out only to loose it like a rookie on a curb coming out of stavalot, so i had to sit there and wait for the traffic to pass until i could get it pointing the right way and even then i almost made a mess of that as i did not hear Tim coming but he managed to scrape past me (sorry m8 :redface:)

To those who raced at it should be, thanks for the great races on a track that really suited these as it was great fun drafting along the straight without having to worry about crazy weavers and the way these can be drifted around the corners and caught on the throttle is just :cool:

Interesting indeed.......

I don't want to start launching into the gory details of last night because i DNF'd both races, but on reflection that was my fault (i found the best drive through the uphill came from dropping a gear in the dip of eau rouge......apparently it would have served my purpose a lot better to take that downshift on the first uphill to the left kink on exit.....ah well, we live and learn lol) so in short i'd just like to say thank you to Stu for the racing in general and race 1 in particular (awesome scrapping lol) and my apologies and best wishes to Gary who got the bad end of my downshift strategy at the start of race 2 and felt the need to leave the premises....there was no need sir, don't fret.

Ah well, missed opportunities but the racing was spectacular while it lasted and, as the chaps in TS could attest, i wasn't exactly disheartened by the experience.....i'll learn eventually ;)

Cheers chaps.....cyas next week (you get a week off after that, i'm at Skegvegas for the stock cars woohoo!! lol)

Your a bit of a rare breed Paul m8,i cant think of many instances in the past where i have rear end bumped someone off in to retirement and find them saying sorry to me afterwards......all so embarrassing,thank you m8.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%