rF2 Caterham Powertec V8s @ GT5's High Speed Ring - Friday 13th August

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well I very very enjoyed drifting of the car, as I didnt have nothing else to do :D I lost setup from Toby, so I tried to make my own and my differential didnt work, terrible car for racing then, but that drifting! :) i killed tyres just before the end had to do pit :D

Congratulation to podium and every finished

Great fun tonight. Pole for race 1 and could stay at P1 for a while, but when the next driver is drafting you have no chance. So Gregory and I swapped positions a lot till I ran into backmarkers. I had to wait for a corner and Gregory pulled away and no drafting for me then. I managed to set a few qualify laps and was in his draft again. The fun was back :)
Swapped positions again. But suddenly 2 laps before the end my rear right tyre was worn. I could just save the car. In the last lap I had it again in the last corner and was not able to settle for P2 and drive backwards over the finish as I completely lost control of the car :)

I decided to skip the second qualify and start at the back (nearly) of the grid.
Start was ok, but I was unable to pass many cars as there was not enough room. I had to pass other cars slowly and controlled.
After 15 minutes or so I was in P2 and chasing Chris. I think I was 0.5 faster per lap but we ran out of time. Still pleased with P2 twice :)

Grats to Gregory for the Race 1 win and the excellent and fair battle. Grats to Chris for the cool driven Race 2 :)
Thanks Stuart for the event and Nigel for pointing me to this event and encourage me to get back to my wheel after such a long break.

Last of course thanks everyone for the racing. Enjoyed.

my internet connection just about survived tonight :)
Race 1 didnt start perfectly a lot of people having trouble starting with these highly powered , highly light cars so i ended up going into some people who hit each other and went through the rest of the race down on power, had some nice battling with hans sneep trying to not get overtaken by him but a couple of laps of losing him i spun in the tunnel so i ended up with 12th place :)

Race 2 started more smoothly for me i got passed a few people who got a slow start so i went 15th to i think 10th or 11th, passed someone and a couple of others who spun so i was in 8th chasing after bob hutchins, i was able to keep close behind but because i dont have much experience in overtaking it took me a few tryes until i got confident enough to actualy pass, swapped places a couple of times during the next few laps until bob fell back and i finished in 7th :D

Nice fun night, not really a car you can have a driving experience in I found. Race 1 I avoided the T1 carnage and ran a clean race untill the end when I had to pit for fuel, only because I decided just before the start I didn't need a full tank, plonker. Just before I pitted I caught a backmarker going into the last turn which allowed Neil to close on me and draft me down the straight. By now my tyres were gone but on the next lap I tried to pass Neil going through T1 but this went horrible wrong.

Race 2, not much to say really only that I got caught up in Nigel's crash which put me down on power, around 2 secs a lap, had a nice battle with Robert at the begining but around 10 mins to go the rear tyres gave up so had to take it a bit easy and bring it home.

Grts to Gregory & Chris on their wins, wd rest of the podium and thanks to all that showed up tonight. Hope to see ya all next week when we'll be back in some thing you can race side by side.

Well i had a nice time again in the caterham... im starting to love it :D

I made a couple laps yesterday to check the track out. But i was a little too gentle in the first quali
6th off the starting line, but that was if i shifted to first gear :( lol lost some places and i could hold it steady for good amount of laps with 4 fighting cars in front of me. To the end they all lost it somehow one by one and i could finish 6th :D

Second quali i could hold up my speed more _put some cahones in _ got 2nd place. Tnx to ramon starting at back :D Started nicely this time. It were actually pretty boring first few laps little faster then nr3 and a little slower then nr1 rofl. Only excitement i had was Ramon swooshing by after lap 13 or smt took it steady to 3 place...

Gr8 Racing all gratz to the podium :)

Good night for me.

Q1: Nearly lost it on the last corner so could only get 10th.

R1: Made a great start but the guy 2 spot in front on the left side of the grid failed to move away. The guy directly in front got a slow start as well but had to brake to avoid the other one and I was able to dart to the left and go around them. Had to take the throttle off to help me get past and then when I re-applied the rear slid a bit but I held it whilst avoiding all the carnage. Was up to 5th by turn 1 which was 6th after Lee overtook and then 4th when two others crashed later on in the lap. Chris overtook me when I made a mistake and promptly crashed as did Lee. I was now 3rd and just kept going around but tyres were wrecked and lost 3rd on the last lap :( Finished 4th.

Q2: Better lap and got 7th.

R2: Another good start and was up to 4th by turn 1. Had a great scrap for 3rd place (can't remember everyones names). Ramon went past me on lap 4 and I started to drop off the back of the group until something happened ahead and they slowed which put me onto Ben's tail again. Got past him into turn 2 and held it for the rest of the lap then went past Nils at turn 1. On the exit he went wide onto the grass and then rejoined right where my car was. Luckily I managed to keep the car straight and Ben was on my tail again. Ben and I battled over 5th place for several more laps until my tyres gave up and I had to settle for 6th.

Thanks to Stu, Ramon, RD, and all those I battled with

Well i've gotta say....(speaking purely personally of course) what a crap night....i'd practiced through the week and (kinda) got used to the car and the track and practice went pretty well (5th i think before qually 1) - qually 1 was ok, a bit tentative and no drafting but got P5 for the grid...that's as good as it got :|

Race 1 - got going off the grid and the car in front of me bogged his start so, whilst accelerating and shifting up to 2nd i had to suddenly duck sideways to avoid.....and the tyres lit up and off it went, spinning in the pack....got away again and round to turn 2, got inside Ondrej for the corner and we clashed*....i went airborne and cartwheeled a bunch of times - the car came down on the grass on the inside of T2 and when the game flipped the car back upright it was waist-deep in the grass (good old BTB tracks ahem) so i couldn't move, sat there for two laps while the game stuttered and juddered and had to ctrl+alt+del out of the game....

Race 2 - got back in for qually, took it even easier and got 9th on the grid.....bogged the start (to avoid the killer wheelspin) but managed to get away safely and picked up a couple of places as people got caught with the cold tyres on lap 1.....into lap 2, came to the esses before the tunnel and came across an accident between Ross (i think) and Julien which had left Julien with a dead car on the apex of the left....couldn't avoid him, hit his car, knocked his rear wheel off and killed my engine....race over, quit out...

Watching race 2 from the sidelines was an interesting experience....i watched a couple of times where people were drafting up to the car ahead and then just backing the car into the corner (i.e. 'backing in' meaning piling into the corner sideways like a Moto GP bike...) and just pushing the other car aside, to the point where both cars were ending up in the grass and bouncing off the fence. In hindsight, i hadn't raced Cats in a few weeks due to other moddy commitments but if i'd tried these beforehand i probably wouldn't have booked in....they're a bit too 'full on' for my tastes - hey ho, we live and learn....

*finally, to Ondrej....i'm giving you the benefit of teh doubt because english probably isn't your first language, but i apologised in the server and you chewed me out and i offered to apologise again and you've chewed me out again on here....if you've got a complaint to make to the Mods then feel free, but i can assure you that there was nothing deliberate in it....this is supposed to be a fun league so do me a favour and start enjoying it ;) you got two races last night and i didn't get two laps.....

ah well, cyas next week hopefully (depending on what car it is lol) :) wrighty

I I had to catch Robert and Hans I was much faster, I did but everytime I tried to overtake them they closed me doors, they didnt let me enough room and I always had to avoid some heavy crash with them... which ended in my own crashes, dead last finished:)

Ondrej if you will pass 2 guys that having a good battle together an holding there own race line in to a corner don't mock about it, I don't have to give you "room" to pass me, you have to overtake in a good way not braking to late hit Robert an going off your self.(watch the replay )

OK Race 1,Q on p12 an had a good start holding the right side ,Nigel in the grass coming back on track have to go a bit left ,Nils having a big slide coming to the right an I was in the middle Robert close behind could not avoid me an pushed me a side there was Nigel we hit going in the wall facing the wrong way an start dead last.

In T2 Paul making a triple somersault an Ondrej off, passing them one of the guys back to the pits so P 16 going well.
Closing in on Robert an passing him but he was not giving up easily so a long battle begins ,passing me in the same lap p14 .
Ondrej was joining the the battle but over shut him self a few times in the chicane ,( he did pass me before that) try to take the inside hit Robert an going off ,Robert held the car together so the battle continue.
Robert on P11 me on P12 ,lost the car after turn 1 try to go out of the way of the front runners but soon on the back of Robert again,Julien was closing fast an passed me Robert had a moment in the tunnel,an from that moment on my engine go down, top speed back to 250 an rear tyres going of as well still on p12 but Robert closing in again an could not holding him of , having a wobble in the tunnel an Robert got passed ,fin in lap 21 on p13 !

Great race Robert thanks ,Grats to the podium:star:
This Race was one big Adrenaline Kick ....

Race 2 Q was bad spun ,but start on p 12 again,

Start , the car in front of me not going of his place, driving to the right get hit from behind an lost a front wheel so race over in a second ,real shame..

Thanks Stuart great event again, great field to,an Ramon for holding things together ,
Tiil next time.

OK - these were an experiment, and while people enjoyed the speed, it can't be denied that there was a certain amount of...mayhem caused by their blistering power.

We'll give them a miss for a while, next event will be the RoadSport 165 class. (15 more hp than the Superlights, but a little heavier).

I am on holiday at the moment, and won't be around for the event, and so I won't be able to keep on top of the sign ups.

As I'm not around , we'll be going with a default rFactor track.

Me i loved the challenge of trying to keep these beasts under control on a track that suited them well :)
Managed to pick up a podium spot in race one even though i was damaged and off pace from lap 1 or 2, race 2 i was lapping quicker but could only manage 4th, i did notice as the races wore on some guys could handle the worn rubber better than others and in race 1 i think i grabbed a couple of places as cars started to get even trickier :D so please do not leave it too long till we venture back to these beasts :)

Thnx all for some fun races.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing