rF2 Caterham Powertec V8s @ GT5's High Speed Ring - Friday 13th August

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
if you follwed the read me in the patch it tells you to rename your caterham.rfm to something like caterham_bak.rfm. Move this file outside the RFM folder and it will only read the new patched RFM. Try this

Took the old rfm file out and got all excited as I had the mod with 29 opponents but alas the server still doesn't seem to recognize the vehicle.

Just took out every single other mod I had and still nothing. Ah **** it, enjoy the race guys.

Sign me out as well please - don't want to get a dnf for this lameness!

OK - just literally this second walked in the door - still got my jacket on.

1. Chris - yes, of course you're OK to drive, I thought you said Toby was there with you, so I just wanted to make sure he knew.

2. Julien - the Hyabusa is not on the server - you need the powertec v8, the carbonio uno & due skins

3. I've got visitors here now that I AM home. I'll be able to do the odd bit of adminning, and maybe sneak into race2, but race 1's a definite no-go for me :frown:

its not letting me onto the server, well it does but then auto loses connection, works fine for all others, any idea why? Got the patch and all cars installed ect.

OK - I suspect I'm not going to make it tonight :frown:

Have fun and enjoy yourselves.

If I don't get back to it, you might be as well doing quali for the second race.

Dan you have got an rfm mismatch

move the catherham_bak.rfm out of the rfm folder and try again

I could be much better... I could make 12th position, at least, if Paul wouldnt crashed into me when he lost control :( and then, I had to catch Robert and Hans I was much faster, I did but everytime I tried to overtake them they closed me doors, they didnt let me enough room and I always had to avoid some heavy crash with them... which ended in my own crashes, dead last finished

I hope race two will let me some more fun :)

Premature end to the evening for me!

Race 1: qualified 7th, made a good start but was held up by 2 spinners off the grid, and found myself at the back of the field with a damaged car, eventually fighting my way up to 5th at the finish. Notable battle with Nigel 'sideways' Atkins being race one highlight for me!

Race 2: not looking at the startlights, instead looking at the timing splits in the bottom right, there must've been a delay in these updating and i found that everyone was driving away! (sorry to whoever was directly behind) Put the pedal to the metal, but noticed my handling was odd, the ffb had mucked up (a recurring theme for me on fridays) and i over-corrected a 3rd gear wheelpsin, and i spun right at the edge of the track. Thinking i had got away with my mistake, i was driven into by two guys battling at the back. Nowt i could do there, and nowt they could do to avoid me as they were no doubt unsighted. Sorry to you guys, my first DNF for a good long while! See what happens when you're away Stu?!

Cheers for the racing folks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years