1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Caterham CSR320 @ Zolder '10, Monday 27 January 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
    Car: Caterham 320
    Track: Zolder '10
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, WTCC'10

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 25 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Vaughn Stegeman
    3. David Kingshott
    4. Murat Erdogdu
    5. Brian Wallace
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. Catherham eh? I was JUST thinkin I'd like to race some Catherham!! Sign me up please!! .. Time for me to get back into racing. ... Looking at my online-race logs, it looks like I got super-frustrated and gave up after only a few months!! :poop:
    practice practice PRACTICE!! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sign me up also please, I will x fingers regarding Internet.

Sounds like you had fun Mini racing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I am in. I am going to drive a real caterham car with the help of a real racer in my country. So i should learn about the car ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrianW

BrianW
    Premium Member

I'm in

6. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

I might hop in, just came home. :)

7. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

in pls

8. AWW MAN!! ... my first online race in over 1/2 year, and the server drops me between practice and quals ... Thus I couldn't enter the race, cuz I didn't even notice until after quals were over
    I shoulda known something was up, seeing how I wasn't seeing other cars on-track .. but I was focussed on my driving, not why there weren't other cars.
    DAMMIT!! sad now :(

However, on the PLUS side, I was running my fastest laps EVER with this car-track combo ... went from not being able to break 1:44 to getting about 1:40.5 ... HUGE improvement, due in no small part to a tip from another racer to adjust my brake-bias from 57:43 (F:R) to 64:36 .. that helped A LOT
    I forget who helped me with that, but thanks again! :thumbsup:

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

That was Chris that was helping you out. Shame Vaughn! When you guys were talking about that I thought you were going from 60/40 to 57/43, that's why I kept saying 60/40 was good, lol!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

That was me Vaughn, and your welcome, glad it helped you. It's what these club races are for, to have a good time and learn how to drive.
    Learning from what others know is part and parcel of it too.

I could have had a great night if I hadn't stuffed my starts up, but a fourth and third from what was effectively dead last will do me! Thanks to everyone who turned up and made it a great club race.

• Like Like x 3
  11. BrianW

BrianW
    Premium Member

I had a good time with these cars - as long as you dont push them too hard.
    My strategy paid off - start slow and be consistent. Finished R1 in 2nd and R2 in 4th.
    Best in a while for me.
    R2 would have been better but my screen locked up for a LONG 5sec .
    Screen recovered but I was in a spin at corner 2. Ran out of time to catch the pack.
    Congrats to podium finishers and thanks Dennis for organizing

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I was beat after driving these cars. The track is demanding enough for me, I need a n easy drive!

I hadn't practiced a start, was there really a chance I could go fast? I got a good start both times but each time the drivers that were supposed to be ahead of me on time got there way there. In the warmup I found that the cars didn't work well the way I like to drive and driving them the right way was very difficult for me.

Better cars coming I hope.

• Like Like x 1
  13. First race with those cars. What an interesting car :) always wants to drift. Although i started 1st at 1st race, i tried to start at 2nd gear. So with the little amount of gas, the engine flooded. And i was at last at turn 1 :) 2nd race, i found my rhythm. i wish there were more drivers yesterday. Anyway it was fun. Thanks to all.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Well that was fun. Best handling car around. Yer right did not need to go to the gym for an arm work out.

I thought I had a good setup qualifying was a disaster as I did not realise until 6 mins to run that I was not on the server :poop: A quick reboot and managed to get one hot lap in which was not great. I was 2nd before loosing connection :)

Race 1 well I had a great start. Last to 4 by the first corner, I had a bit of a touchy feely time with someone on the fist corner, side by side action cool, sorry for the slide though.
    Next corner was it for me as I got a tap up the rear which sent making sand castles. :cry: All a part of the fun. Made few by the end of race 2.

Race 2 was a fun start from p1 (bonus for being last) 3 abreast in the first corner and I can't remember much else other than a very embarrassing single car smash. Down the front straight I clipped the wall :mad: and damaged my front left wheel. Got it slowly back to the pits where my very annoyed pit crew took there time putting it back together. Came out and was now very very far behind. Got lapped by every e but manger to un lap myself by the end.

No the best race in the world fun though. As my wife said it's the first race I finished :cool: so progress is being made. Roll on touring cars and Mini's

• Like Like x 3