1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Caterham CSR320@ Sachsenring 1967- Tuesday 3rd Feb.

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Gary Lennon, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Gentlemen it gives me great pleasure to announce the return of the popular "Spirit of 67" series,this time we can properly keep the faith with a true 60's classic track,enjoy the high speed thriller this promises to be!.

Servername: RaceDepartment Cat320
    Password: HERE

Class: Caterham CSR320
    Track: Sachsenring 1967 [RaceDepartment D-load]
    Weather: Dry

Practice: 19:30
    Qualification: 20:00 x 20 Mins.
    Warmup: 10 Minutes
    Race: 2 x 10 Laps

I strongly advocate the use of THIS simply Astounding GPL skin pack that just adds to the whole flavour of these events.....(Thanks as always to Stuart "Thommo" Thomson :good:)

Notes:

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

2. Entrylist:
    1. Gary Lennon
    2. Patrick Duivelaar
    3. Bob Miley
    4. Ries Notenboom
    5. Neil Gault
    6. Andrew Evans
    7. Ollie Flint
    8. Dave Stephenson
    9. Jeroen van Toorn
    10. Mark Birney
    11. Christian Deparis
    12. Matt Croucho
    13. Marc Good
    14. Jan Wikström
    15. Rob Goldthorpe
    16. Piotr Misiorek
    17. Manuel Spierenburg
    18. Chris Vick
    19. Dan Coldrick
    20. Neil Tennant (moc-moc-a-moc)
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

Reserves:
    1. Dietmar Auferkorte
    2. Lee Downham
    3. Driver
    4. Driver
    5. Driver

3. Please sign me up!

4. Oh go on, you talked me into it. Beam me up please Mr Alien.

5. OOOoooo yes the Caterham 320 ! ...Sign me up dear Mr. Lennon !!!

6. used to love this track in gtr2 as it takes no prisoners so sign me up plz

7. aye aye... i'm ready to die one more time.... :D

8. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

I will join you dying mate :)
    New track for me, lets have fun.

9. Nice! Sign me up pls :smile:

10. ^^ no matter how much racing I do, they always seem to be new tracks for me to learn ... although I may have turned a lap or 3 here a few years ago on MotoGP on the PS2???
    ... but honestly that's no complaint, I love the challenge and each new "adventure" :good:

Whack me up on that list would you pls mate ... Caterhams in the mad drop off zones of Saxonia ... yum yum :eat:

11. arf! i only knew modern sachsenring from motogp.... this baby is a worldawayfromthat!

12. :rotfl: not tried it yet but if it is anything like i recall it is just evil :sinister: with very very hard straw bales, some very nice tricky corners and some hard braking points that put your car right out of balance, all in it must be one of the best tracks going :worship:

13. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

put me ont list please Garry

14. Did i see that correct? Cat's? Sign me up plz! Always fun...

15. Never raced the 7s before. Might as well start now.

Sign me up, Scotty!

Should be fun, and cool skins by the way :)

16. hi Gary
    sign me up plz.

17. After Andrew said this is not the modern Sachsenring I got excited that it was the old road track I have heard rumour of but never seen ... and guess what, it is :woot2:

Neil's earlier description of the place is pretty much bob-on ... its got a sick and twisted yet addictively dangerous edge to it that only old road circuits seem to be "allowed" to have ... its like Mosport 77 with fangs ... it will kick your sorry ass off the black stuff and into the trees without even blinking if you think of taking liberties ... ripping the nose-cone and front wheels off whilst its at it to ensure sure you don't think of returning to try it again :eek:

Gary mate ... you scored another big winner with this one in my book, the Cats feel soo right here ... gonna be a bit of he who dares wins come Tuesday methinks, or maybe ... he who dares gets a right royal beating :chuck:-style

Getchyer names down for this boys ... its going to be the :tits:

18. well I can't argue with that description... sign me up please :)

19. Another promising event on Tuesday, sign me up plz =)

Thanks

20. yes please.... just love those cats :clap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.