1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caterham CSR320 @ Riverside - Thursday September 1st 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CATS
    Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: Caterham CSR320
    Track: Riverside
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 19:45 GMT
    Race: 19:55 GMT 2x25 Minutes
    Password: click here

Download packages

Tracks:
    Racing Club track package

Mods:
    Racing Club Mod package

*due to the daily download limit it will take 2 to 3 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]383[/signuplist]

2. I might show up late

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

better late then never :wink:

4. I have fallen in love with this circuit. Very good car choice.

5. come on guys this is a awesome track for any car!!! Join this event!!! Will be my first time in car though

6. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

7. Yes, very nice track, not very good with the Cats? but will try to be there.

8. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I'm gonna struggle to be there :( My bicycle was vandalised at work yesterday, and as such the wheel failed on the way home and wrecked the rear end. Done about £200 of damage. As such I'm having to walk to and from work, so it's unlikely I'll be there in time :(

Hope you have fun guys

9. come on if we have 10 it should be great fun for everyone!!!! Chris how about you walk abit faster or even beter jog abit LOL :cool:

10. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Not driven these before, I'll give em a try but might pull out if I don't get on with them as I don't want to disrupt anyone else.

11. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Well if I'm lucky and get out of work on time, I might slip in just before the end of qualifying :)

12. If I can get this dang time of day thing figured out I might just show up. I am in Michigan, USA which is Eastern Standard Time. I believe that is GMT -4 right now, summer time. So that makes the race 3:00pm I figure. In about an hour and a half?? Boy this stuff has me FUBAR!:confused:

Game just crashed on me during practise. First time for that.

13. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

Ready to race :)

14. I will try to join this if i'm home in time, no practice so should be fun. A nice stable setup would be nice Mr. Yves.

15. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Race 1 9th, 2 laps down, race 2 10th, but crashed about 6 Laos from end.

16. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

Thx guys for that event
    In first race i starded on 7th position ( I thing :) ) and finish race on 7th (I thing :) ) but I fight with my little devil because i kiss the wall :).
    In second race I start on 2nd position but I'm too weak and lost this position after copules of seconds :).Another meet with wall and another fight with this little mosnter :).Thx Ray for race and fight :)

17. Good event all, used Yves setup with a little gearing change as it was a second a lap quicker out of the box and a bit easier to drive then mine. Have not been racing for a while, so just tried to finish, placed sixth behind Bob M. who was quicker down the straight and after bidding his time passed me mid race for 5th. ( I think?) Well done Bob.

Race 2. Got away fairly well in 3rd...and hung on for several laps till I over-steered in the wall at the exit of the final turn. Pitted for repairs and then tried for a point or two while also tring to stay out of the way. Hope I didn't mess anyone up as there where a couple of unexpected shunts right in front of me as the front runners where sequencing through. Finished 8th, but more importantly really enjoyed the club race, good driving all and congrats to the podium finishers

18. Quali 7th.

R1: Running 7th. Lap 17 limping 3 wheeled car was at the apex of the last curve. I took the apex wide but the limping car came onto track. I tried to turn in to avoid but T boned him and was totaled. DNF. ( I watched the video and the driver did not turn out into the road and, as he entered my path he turned his steering full to try to keep left.)

R2: 7th. Lengthened 6th gear. Yves put the pressure on and at the first corner of lap x I left the apex open. However, I drifted and got on the dirt, skidded out of control along the road and smacked the barrier on the far side of the track at the beginning of the Esses and was rewarded with suspension damage.

Could not be bothered to pit and repair and got used to the odd handling. On the last lap at the last corner of the Esses I saw a pile of dust. A quick look to my telemetry showed he was 6 place. Thinking this could be an opportunity I got over excited and got the car into a waggle and the moment was lost.

Apart from the first race incident I would have had 2 7th place finishes. No where near the speed of the aliens but, not bad.

Now I'm off to play in the Saleen Mustang at Sebring. A car I don't know at a track I don't know. Tips, anybody!?

19. Both car and track take time, be patient...have fun Ray!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.