1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Caterham CSR320 @ Curitiba, Thursday, 24 July 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
    Car: Caterham 320
    Track: Curituba Please pay attention to track boundaries at T1, 2 and 3!*
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (30 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Björn Golda
    3. Daniel Linder
    4. Nelson Ullinskey
    5. Mark Hellsten
    6. David Kingshott
    7. Campbell Wallis
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    *If necessary I will watch the replay, count cuts and give out penalties for excessive abuse.
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Thoooose beasts again - sign me up :D

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

4. Björn

Björn

For once, it seems :p Though I haven't driven it for some time, but it shouldn't take too much time to re-brief myself (just did 2 laps on Nords on Presto's server and I was actually surprised that I still knew most of the track from the last events, so a short one should be possible as well ;))

5. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

hmm, atm I can't figure out what track Curitiba is :whistling::ninja:

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

7. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Yeah, after much banging my head against the wall, I suddenly remembered it. There are few corners I sometimes struggle alot with. T1 (chicane thingy) and T2. Sometimes T3 as well. But what the hell, I so in for this.

8. Yes please!

9. These things are crazy, count me in!

10. Please sign me up. Sorry this week is mad again so my only race this week :-(

11. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium Member

I foresee extreme death in these things. I'm in.

12. Anyone willing to share a setup? I have been away so far this week and have had no chance to practice. :ninja:

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Nelson Ullinskey Sorry, haven't driven these things here yet.
    Check your Zolder folder, those were the last we drove.

14. Björn

Björn

Also Estoril for the 200hp versions, IIRC - though I don't know how much of a good idea it is to convert these to the big one :D

In other news, I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw from this, I'll be busy tomorrow afternoon and it's rather unlikely I'll make it until 19GMT - last-minute-into-quals might be possible (and dangerous :D) but yeah, unlikely - sorry about that!

15. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

As I wrote in the Mini event, I'm afraid it also applies to this event. I am gonna have to pull out. A friend of mine just started his vacation, and he is going to pick me, and my computer up later today, and then we going to have lan party as his place.
    So I wont be able to race for a week or two.

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

mmm i dont know if im able to drive this car but i want try sign me please Dennis;)

17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Great combo for some! I hope everyone enjoyed the event.

Q: It came too soon, If I could have made changes to the car during the race I would have been very happy. There were things I didn't get done, even after posting a time.

R: After everything cooled down on L2 I thought for a moment I might be able to hang on but by L3 I could see that was not going to happen. Concentrate, concentrate, avoid bad mistakes. Luckily in the end I didn't make any really bad ones or at least I didn't make any at the wrong time. So happy to finish :O_o:

• Like Like x 3
  18. No comment here :p

Needed more practice and my old enemies Mr. and Mrs. inconsistency decided to pay me a visit. I started last for fear of causing mayhem at the front :laugh:. After murdering my suspension, I finished fifth out of seven. Not my best result, but good track time for the Minis tomorrow :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium Member

I liked this combination, the fact I seem to be good at it is a bonus.

Spent pretty much the entire race with @Mark Hellsten. I thought I was clear after he made a couple of mistakes, but I spun into a wall on the penultimate lap. The damaged suspension from this crash and now heavily worn tyres made my car almost impossible to drive quickly. Staggered round the last lap trying to keep Mark behind, but to no avail.

Still got a podium though, so I'm not exactly unhappy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

1st time for me with this car was fun and I did some mistake but I found a lot of fun and this is good:)