1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caterham CSR200 @ Estoril: Monday, 14 April 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Caterham 200
    Track: Estoril
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 25 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. David Kingshott
    4. Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    5. Björn Golda
    6. Nuno Rodrigues
    7. Gundars Brigis
    8. Dario Baic
    9. Brian Wallace
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. Not much going on my Monday (so far anyways :cautious:) so put my name down on the list please :)
  3. These are fun please sign me up
  4. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

Sign me up, got few laps in so far, way too fun to miss this one :)
  5. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

With my Estoril laps in the single digit range, I guess I should use every opportunity to get to know this track ;) Count me in!
  6. Well, I just ran a few practice laps and I seem to have a bit of an overheating problem. After seeing that the radiator is at a fixed setting, I see we have to keep these at a low RPM to prevent overheating. Now, I do not have a lot of free time today so I can not find out myself, but if anyone knows how much RPM we can use before overheating, please do share this information. :)
  7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Nelson Ullinskey . I just drove 14 laps with an only slightly changed simbin setup. OK, probably not as fast as you but, no boiling water, no warning in red on the tachometer at the lower right on the screen, and no smoke coming out the back of the car. I did see the gauges reading high and when back in the garage water temp was at 97 and oil at 119 but these seem acceptable as there is no smoke, no holes in crankcase/con rods lying on the front straight. I don't have Motec so that's all I can tell you :speechless:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. A home race?? of course im in!!
  9. Gundars

Pedal to the metal

Sing me up,;) please !
  10. im in
  11. BrianW

Premium Member

sign me up
  12. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Oh my.. well, not having that much countable experience in either the track or the car, I was in for an adventure - though I managed to get some good laptimes, I was, once again, lacking consistency.

Qualifying 4th anyway, I quickly made my way to the back as I touched Dennis' tyres and spun out - taking out Nelson and Ben in the process - sorry about that.
    I had a nice battle with Brian afterwards, though - until there were about 7 minutes to go, when I spun out and carved P9 in stone ;)

Starting from behind in race #2 I was able to gain some positions due to incidents in front of me and was actually getting more consistent - still had some offs but it was definitely getting better ending in P5 at the finish line :)
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Gundars

Pedal to the metal

• Like Like x 4
  14. No training what so ever and first time in this car. Two nice races, always looking forward with Nelson in the horizont in both races. Would have been more fun if i was near by and we batle for position. Never the less in race 2 ended to be like that but Nelson should have token my 2nd place.
    Congrats to all pilots
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

These cars worked out well at this track I think.

R1: My launch was super[yup, super] and I was right up front at T1 but coming out I felt a bump and thought I might have hit one of the cars I could see going off track so I waited at the nest corner for them to get by. The rest of my race was very nice as the car was very driveable and I was having fun.

R2: Not just for me but was there a "collision magnet" in play somehow. It seemed like so many others suffered from the spinning, hitting and being hit kind of experience that I want through, or my windscreen and mirrors showing life in another universe? I knew we were in for it with a number of fast guys at the back. I tried to hold them off for David but they were ferocious in their attacks! I succumbed and finally of the hits gave me a suspension damage that lowered the speed of my 2nd gear corners and slowed me right down Two laps from the end another hit that made the car impossible to drive to the end of the race.

I like these 190hp cars better than the 320's, do you?
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

Well, I basically wrote a massive thing with pictures all along with it on a blog I'm trying to start up perhaps, it's too long to copy and link all the images etc. so hope it's not a big deal if I just link it. But simply the races were absolutely perfect for me, and basically loved every little bit of it (except for a spin on a curb which was annoying more than anything).
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1