rF2 Caterham Classic @ Silverstone Int'l - Fri December 4th 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice racing, though I was far of pace :)

I am far away from good ffb settings. Am using a G25 and using Real Feel. Maybe somebody can post his settings for these cars.

Copied my ffb settings from Race over (where I am using one of those posted here and converted them to rF).

How cool was that :) Haha, I said to Ramon this afternoon that I wasn't too sure to join this race as i found the cars pretty much underpowered, but what a great night of racing it was eventually!

Ace stuff again Stu, thanks for providing is this pleasant surprise! :thumb:

Very nice event :) Full of fun and laughs.

The cars seems indeed slow, but what a great slides you can make :)
Hope to be racing more often on Friday :)

FFB was lame btw. I use realfeel, without setting anything up for this mod. Felt weak and not right. Who cares, still could drive around the corners ;)

Woke up and arrived with more or less nothing to spare,after some server malarky it was up and running and were off!!...i felt fine and good for pace considering,apart from the one hairpin at the end of the straight,it defined and indeed ruined my races tonight,just when i thought i had it solved,i would get in a mess,otherwise some good close actions :) :good:.

Thank You Thommo & RD

Fun from the start untill the checkered flag. What more can I ask for?
These cars are astonishing fun to drive and the horns, well, hillarious.
Thank you all for the enjoyable evening.
Thank you Stuart and RD.

Cheers

Absolute giggle fest from start to finish, love these things, so controllable on and off throttle, sideways everywhere, loads of fun, hope word gets round about them.

BTW Stu, I reported to John (MP) about this event this morning, he was well chuffed at the turnout and would like to join in but has a few other commitments atm, maybe we'll see him at some juncture, he also pointed out that in the next release the draft will be upped a notch as according to the RL Academy racers there is not quite enough atm, yes you read right, MORE draft, and he's also trying to get the wind noise to reduce as you hit the "suck zone", physics are getting another overhaul too so they should be even more fun.

Sam

PS. here are some recomended realfeel settings from Chris (Kangaloosh) the guy behind CarFactory and rFactorPro, he also worked with Ade on realfeel in it's early development

[Academy Racer]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=1
[R500]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=2200.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=1

Status
Not open for further replies.