rF2 Caterham Academy @ Watkins Glen - Fri 20th May, 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a little offline test run yesterday evening. Some small differences in the track (not that much) and it feels a bit bumpier compared to my last event on Watkins with GTL.
It is the Caterham Academy cars we have to pick from right? Feels pretty ok and I completely get your point on the slipstream (can't get into 5th gear on the straight) or did I miss the possibility to change gears?
Then there's again the right hand drive, but it's much easier to adapt to compared with the Nissan in GTL. I think because the car is smaller and you can clearly see the front of the car.

One final note: I've been trying to correct my audio settings as I can't hear any tyre-squeel. When cranking up the volume I can hear in the very far distance some rubber crying for help, but very silently. The brakes make more noize then the tyres...
I tried to correct my plr settings according to the post I found here @ RD but as far as I can hear it has little improvement, perhaps I have to increase it a little more or... try this thing: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1357765but I don't want to have any mismatches when going online. Anyone some experience with this or who knows how to hear the tyres?

Kris, to take your points in order:-
Yes it's the Academy Class we will be using - that gives you the best part of 50 or so liveries to choose from - plus painting new skins for the Cat is very easy too and it works more like Race than GTL. In GTL, you have to have the cars installed or you'll get a mismatch and kicked. In rF, if you don't have the skin installed, you'll see a default skin instead.

The Academy class cars use road-going gearings rather than racing ones, so the box is essentially 4 gears plus a very long legged overdrive for cruising in 5th. Just using the 4 gears is fine.

I use an add-on tyre noise that's quite a bit louder than the default, and I find that helps out. Sounds don't cause mismatches online, so feel free to try it out.

OMG! I'd forgotten how much fun the Cats are. Thank you so much for bringing these back!

I take it we'll be using the 30 slot patch/. I hope so, as I never kept the original file :eek:

OMG! I'd forgotten how much fun the Cats are. Thank you so much for bringing these back!

I take it we'll be using the 30 slot patch/. I hope so, as I never kept the original file :eek:

No, we'll be in the original 21 slot config for this "toe back in the water" event.

But - as I said above in the Original post, previous users should download and reinstall the mod, which contains the 21 slot rFm version file.

I just installed rfactor and would like to participate in this please Mr.Thommo.

I know I am signed up for the RACE Series mini friday but with only 5 definites I am signing out of it and staying clear of any new style events.

phew... 4 days ago my brother got a boot sector virus on his pc and it infected not just his pc but also my pc and my laptop but after 3 extra days of trying to figure out what the hell happened and backing stuff up our pc's are all back up and running... slightly. now just to install rFactor again and catch up on all that time I've missed practising Fridays track :D, so long as the virus isnt still stored somewhere ready to come back and kill me XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%