rF2 Caterham Academy @ St. Jovite GP - Friday 22nd January 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
A decent enough grid of 10 and another case of a Hermy setup speed gains,pole for race one and a couple of settle in laps then push hard to try and shake a stubborn Sam holding on well in 2nd,hitting a 2:02.888 in the race was a result of pushing to drop him off a bit,enjoyed the race from start to finish.
Race 2 i jumped on the no qually club bandwagon and had a much busier and more fun racing experience,main highlight was working out a way to pass that Thommo lad...ive never really found it easy to pass in these things unless a significant error is made,and he werent making them,i loved the 3 laps or so of study and build up and then a lovely bit o slipstream down the back straight.
I struggled a bit to reel in Hermy until he got scruffy,then i was right on him,he decided to let me through and join the chase on Toni now 7secs up the road,in some places it was like i was holding Hermy up a bit until he started dropping back a bit,the laps kept reeling off and the gap came down a bit but never enough,very happy with a hard graft 2nd place.
Thanks all there tonight for lovely clean racing.
Thanks Stu T. & RD

Awsome event Thank you Stu and RD

Praccy was working out a winning setup and could clock a unbeliveable 2.03.4 knowing it will be good to brake into the 2.02

Qualy1* WTF first i did was messing up and loose a rear weel..... oh well last spot on teh grid and off we go

Race1* what should i say i got my usual kungfu Start but had to slam the brakes as the guy infront nearly spun it that killed my concentration totaly
and i not even came back to the line with several times spinning my last spin killed my rear suspension so of to the pit to watch the race

Qualy2* ok not much to say besides i messed up again

Race2* again i had a awsome kungfu start this time i could take advantage of it :) and i slotted in behind Stu running in 3rd now as we came to the last corner i squeezed past Stu who was defending but i was already to deep inside of him so i collected 2nd and was now chasing Toni who had a awsome race pace
after a few laps i saw Gary coming up from behind nowing he can run a 2.02 i let him past for the hunt on Toni as i was not able to push any harder
i tryed to stay with him as long as possible and wtf i had sometimes to back up to not overtake him again lol
but then he slowly pulled away as i made more and more mistakes wich ended in me spin it 2 times at the first spin i messed up my left front suspension
so i spun it again in the next right turne still could hold my 3rd place as the gap to place 4 was big enough anyway i had to nurse the cat home
and the gab to the 4th and 5th was melting each lap verry happy with this race
thank you all who showed up for making this so much fun

I have to say that these cars are great! Driving with you chaps is great. But having driven nKP for a while you become ingrained with no contact! nKP cars are delicate so you don't take liberties. So it came as a bit of a shock to see first lap cajones in action. :ooh: Consequently, loads of debris to pick through. Not loads perhaps but a couple. Race one, Toni spun and I had a helluva job missing him only to get well out of shape! It took me a while to settle down to a steady plod to the finish albeit a lap down.
Race two: More cajones, more debris. One of the 'debris' soon caught me up and thought he'd breeze past me but I don't give up my sweeties to muggers! :D We touched, and he came off worst. Sorry mate I don't know who you are but when he caught up again he was a little more circumspect. (dreadful grammar there) :D He of course passed me with no problem.
In all a very good experience and one I'll repeat(if you'll have me)
Oh, a couple more things. I've got shot of the horns. :D
I asked the question 'How do you disable chat while you're driving?'
The answer is in Multiplayer.ini
"Allow Chat In Car="0" // whether to allow incoming chats to appear while in car"
For those that can't concentrate on more than one thing at a time. :)
I may well look at this post in the morning and edit the hell out of it!

1st race was still practicing track and pushing hard on the limit -> lots spins :D
nevertheless got it nailed to race 2, with little setup tweaking and got 2.02.6 in race, EAT THAT GARY!!
( althou have to givit to you, you allways bring the best out of me :inlove: )

Ron: these cars are pretty much like nkpro what comes to damage, cant take any or lose much much time.
it is a issue that too few take into account when racing even with some "heavier gear".
i understand chatting is not approved by racedep rules during quali and race so there should be no reason
to disable chat. ofc there is someone allways chatting or using sorrys/thankyous.

Great fun last night, as is becoming the norm with these amazing little cars.

Not going to do a blow-by-blow, but some cracking racing in both starts, my apologies to Sam for our little touch in R2 - watching the replay, I left you enough room with my initial line, but then my rear started to drift over the crest, tucking my nose in too much and that's why we collided. The actual impact was almost nothing, but the almost nothing happened at exactly the wrong place as both of us were totally unstabilised because of the crest and kerbs. Sorry again mate, was superb until then.

In both races I ended up chasing Carlos, taking huge great chunks out of his lead once I was able to get my head down, but running out of time in both races and him making zero errors. Good driving, man.

Re: Chat. Disabling chat is not something we do on RD for exactly the reason Michael mentions, but by the same token, there was too much chat during quali and race sessions.

Please desist from chatting during those sessions.

Good Fun last night, even though I couldn't quite match the pace of the top guys it was still a hoot trying to stay with Gary in Race one and even more fun when coming through from the back in race two, NP on the incident Stu, I had already pushed myself past my limits when I caught up and tried to hurry a pass I shouldn't have, once I'd spun and relaxed a tiny bit, my oxygen requirements caught up a bit quicker than I expected and I was done, had to quit out and go recover, hehe.

Sam

I was by far tthe best race last night, awesome track. I have improved alot since start, and more will come :) I need to stop spinning out in stupid places, most caused by sheer excitement. Got a great start in 1st heat and got up to 3rd i thnk, then to spin off in last bit of s Bend. i managed to drive me back to 7th from last spot and was 100m behind 4-5-6 when i spun again.... bah.

2nd race i messed quali due to red light so i slammed brakes and got hit in pit line, was stupid to reset and got dq'ed for 4 laps lol. Got a great start going up the rank with Gary on the tail, at hill top some was braking so i had to brake and when i hit trottle i started to loose back end, i almost saved it, just to get hit by Hans who really couldnt avoid it, i got on my way again fast but in my hot pursue i noobed it and spun again and called it a day returned to pits and watched some great race.

Gary's chase for Toni was almost to hard to watch, who he catch him or not? a few laps more i think Gary would have won. On a personal note im happy to "only" be 2-3 secs slower than Gary this round :michaelbanana:

Despite all my spinning, i still had a good race, since i managed to gain ground on most you. I just need to get more laps under the vest and keep cool instead of trying to get all done in one lap.

Thanks for a great race, i cant wait for the next.

Stu you track tyrant, tell me the track or i paint your car pink...

Third event in the Cats for me an the best till now, in training for this event I thought I was fast with a 2.09 bud when I entered the server an noticed the times from Gary Sam an Michael 2.03 I was way off.
During pract. I was looking how the guys where doing this and after some pract. laps going down to a 2.07 bud that was it.
Race one: screw up Quali. with a big spin (not the only one) started on pl 8, laps round the 2.07 and did not make many mistakes fin. on pl. 6

Race two: did a better Quali. 2.07 again start on pl. 4? do to the fact a few guys did not set a time so it was a bid coloured ,messing up the start an down the hill try to avoid some collisions,drop down to 8 or 9 an pict up the chase and after some laps closing in on Ron,

Race two: More cajones, more debris. One of the 'debris' soon caught me up and thought he'd breeze past me but I don't give up my sweeties to muggers! :D We touched, and he came off worst. Sorry mate I don't know who you are but when he caught up again he was a little more circumspect. (dreadful grammar there) :D He of course passed me with no problem.
thinking I had a clean line trough the inside ,an Ron going for the inside as well so we hit I slide off to the gravel,(sorry Ron ) .
Short after that I get a long freeze 7-8 sec. and after that the track layout was changed complete,same prob.in pract.and with Alt-Tab and bag it was alright again ,if I did it now race was over so I continue bud it looks weird, catching Ron for the second time, take it a bid careful now ,Ron was making a small mistake so I going trough, Finished the race on pl 6,bud it gave me the feeling if i had won the race!

Next race I have a word with Micheal about setups??

Thanks every body for a great race evening again, looking out to the next race (France I heard ?)

O, about that freezes,I think the probl. are the nVidia drivers, the current drivers from the 9 series give me that probl. so back to the 8 series hope that will fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back