rF2 Caterham Academy @ Nuerburg Sprint - Fri 17th Feb 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Good night tonight, shame i was rubbish, but all sportsmanlike from my angle.

I am just disapointd in myself for mking too many silly mistkes and losing places becsue of that.

Always good to be driving the cats, but tonight's races were a bit low on race action for me.

On lap 2 of race 1 i was nerfed out of the race, rejoined in the middle of James & Hans's battle and sneaked away while they were hard at it, then i was trying hard to get back at Sergio, which i eventually did only for him to spin in front of me at turn 1. Cue more panel damage and stalled the engine twice!! He let me by though, so thanks. Chris was 30s down the road so i just tried to make up as much time as possible.

In race 2 i made a couple of adjustments to my brake pressure & balance, and this felt a lot better, so i was now a bit more confident of keeping up with Chris. He made his way through the pack and closed the gap to 2s, but i managed to keep it all together before he had some issues.

Cheers Thommo for the liveries and setting this up, looking forward to Dijon!

Well done Chris, Sergio & Thommo for podiums

Edit:
Hot-lap from race 2, including one cut at the chicane (naughty boy) and a couple of 'near-things':

Sorry for the quality, HD takes ages to upload

Great video Ross. You really nailed Turn 1. I never got it that good once.

I had two fun races involving being chased or chasing which really adds excitment. I see in replay that in Race 1 I bumped James when approaching the last turn . I braked way too early fearing a collision with the car in front of me while James tried a nice pass to the inside. I didn't realize that you went off James . Sorry for that I should have waited.
I was in some close racing with Hans for a bit but for the most part I was hounding Larry with each of us passing one another but he prevailed in the end. Also I see I can clean up my racing line as I cut track a few times( usually at the same corner).

In Race 2 I had a DQ in quallie ( rfactor bug) so I started at the back. After a lap or two ?? I found myself in 6th position. A lot of people having problems. Then I made a poor attempt at a corner, spun off and now in last place again. I slowly caught K. Paul and I could see Hans in the distance. I eventually got close to him and for some reason he was slower than normal on the start/finish straight and I got by him before the hairpin. We were very close in pace for several laps but I see in replay he eventually had a spin off. James was in my mirror for abit so I was mentally preparing to defend him if he closed the gap but he disappeared ( spin off??). I was alone for the remaining few laps. I did clean up my cut track business.

Wd done to the podium boys. Thanks to Stu for the skin and admin work. Cheers to all drivers...good clean racing from my viewpoint.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 13.9%