rF2 Caterham Academy @ Italian GP - Thu 8th Dec 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I am certain now that I WILL make it home on time for this one.. just hoping that there will still be a slot available for me.

However, should the last slot be either me or Bob H., then give it to Bob, as he hasn't been able to race here for some time now and may need the track time not to get rusty...:p:p

I am certain now that I WILL make it home on time for this one.. just hoping that there will still be a slot available for me.

However, should the last slot be either me or Bob H., then give it to Bob, as he hasn't been able to race here for some time now and may need the track time not to get rusty...:p:p
Roland, you can be sure there will be spot in race 2 instead of mine :)

Few issues.. im getting an error loading mesh file HS_BODY_VB.GMT to memory, a temp safety car and some weird light glitch on the front of the car.. this is only happening when im on the server and NOT offline... any ideas?

Great fun!
Race 1 and 2 were brilliant.. lots of drafting and a good almost race long dice with Bob.. thanks :)
also sorry to the person i put in the wall on the back straight.. was sandwiched between you and Thommo.

Thanks Thommo and RD

Fun ! :D

Q: I got stuck behind someone who spun at the first chicane for like 2/3 of my lap, was 2 seconds off from what I could do... Still, 4th on the grid !

R1: Mental... After everything settled down it was a 5 cars battle, until we lost 2 drivers with D/T (Eck and Ross)... So it was between myself, Ole and Villu ! In the end Ole passed me but on the right side of the white line by pitlane, so he gave me the win afterwards... It was really fun ! :)

R2: Reversed grid, lol... I climbed up the field, bumpdrafted Tomasz to try and catch up the leaders, but unfortunately he wouldn't do the same to me... Eventually I ran wide at the Parabolica, drifting in the sandtrap for the whole corner ! I was 6th after that but got pass Miller soon after... Then I put up so fast laps and catched Tomasz, got pass him and finished just short of Villu, in 4th.

Overall pretty happy, these cars are a lot of fun ! Thanks to RD, Stu and all who raced ! :p

Had fun but a comedy of errrors and some frustration. Had some in house distractions in Race 1 which I never recovered from, not that I was going to do anything great anyway but I lost out on chances to race with people I was close to. Accidently hit Roland while I was trying a passing move because he was also at the same time had to avoid trouble ahead of him. Sorry Roland, no one's fault, just bad luck.
Ended up with pole postion for Race 2, but on the opening lap at T1 I was bumped from behind and ended up in last place by the time I had re-entered the track. I managed to regain my composure and a few positions when my driving wheel came off the table during those two tough right handers. Got the wheel back on and just began to settle in again when I ran out off fuel. Apparently I forgot to load my setup for Race 2.
Could use some more of these cars Stu , cheers to all, and well done to podiumers.

:) These cars are GREAT fun! My performance was far from stellar (as usual LOL), but it was highly enjoyable!

Q and R1 start were OK, but couldn't avoid one of the spun cars mid-Parabolica in L1, then someone else hit my rear (So thát was you then, Jack..:D ) and catapulted me WAY into the gravel.
Took me quite a while to get out, dead last by then, did a few lonely laps, until some guys ahead had troubles too and I found myself around Jack, Omer and Hans again. Chasing Hans got me nowhere as he was too fast until his spin in T1, but I had a really great and fair fight with Omer all the way to the end, swapping positions numerous times. The effect of slipstreaming in these cars really is amazing!:cool:

Before R2 start, a quick setup check showed I had suddenly about 6L of fuel less than in my setup:eek: ?? So I had to reload my setup; apparently that happened to some others who ran out of fuel in R2 !?

The full-reverse grid for race 2 put me on the front row, and nerves made me jump the start by about a full second:oops: , so I got a drive-thru for that. Unfamiliar with how to do that in rFactor, I went in at the end of L1 but game didn't like that. Went in again in L2, thinking maybe I should've stopped?, but no luck, just got a warning that I had only 1 lap left for my drive-thru.
Went in again in L3, and this time I guess I served my penalty correctly so came back on track in 18th, just over a minute behind #17..
Managed to reduce that to about 17 s. at finish, but no glory for me there..:(

Thanks Thommo for a great fun event, and to him and Eck for generously sharing setups.

Congrats to all podium finishers, and thanks to all drivers present!

A fairly successful outing last night.

R1 - this was the better race in terms of behaviour, and more enjoyable for me too. Some really fine dicing with Ondrej, Hutch, Eck, Dave M, Brian, and probably a few others as well.

R2 - less successful, not because of the reversed grid, but because the faster drivers who were now at the back of the grid not having the patience to get 20 seconds into the race with trying to make up multiple places at once.

Most people in the middle and slower paced groups were exactly the right, courteous sort of drivers who will be welcomed back warmly.

This was the first time out for a lot of the drivers, both in the cars and with me as staff, so a certain amount of latitude will be given this time out.

Encouraging return to Cat action last night, in race 1 a bunch of us broke away from the mid-pack, and were slipstreaming away for a few laps changing positions constantly until Eck turned across me on the run to turn 1, leading us to both cut across the grass before the chicane and get stop/go penalties. After serving these, we emerged 5th & 6th, but i was in slipstreaming range of David & Thommo, so had a nice little dice with them for a few laps and then Ondrej and Bob H joined in, but i just ran out of time to catch Eck back up. Also, on lap 1 i managed to completely lock up into turn 1, fortunately i escaped only with a cut warning.

The full reverse grid for race 2 didn't go so well, with a couple of ridiculously late-brakers piling into some of the guys ahead. After avoiding some of the carnage, i was still only 14th out of 16, but as is the way of the Cats, you can make up positions quickly if you're patient and pick your moments. Eventually myself & Ole broke away from the pack, and after swapping positions for a couple of laps, he decided to just follow me for the duration, obviously waiting until the last corner to draft past- which really isn't a proper race and that's why bump-drafting isn't allowed. (Not to mention the fact it damages the car) Anyway, it was a decent evetn overall, looking forward to more in future.

Congrats Ole for the race 1 win, and the rest of the podium guys. Cheers Thommo for the return of the cats!

Lot of Fun, glad the Cats are back:)
in the 2 races not that successful but who cares, making some small mistakes an that takes a lot of time so running in the back of the pack,getting the feeling of the Cat back an looking forward to the next race !!
Grats to the podium,an thanks Thommo for setting it up again:D an the guys for good racing !!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 307 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%