rF2 Caterham Academy @ Eastern Creek - Fri 12th Feb 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

I'm back home but racing will be a no-go for a few days at least, if I'm up to it I'll stick my face in to say hello later.

Thanks for all the sentiments in the Ki thread.

Sam

At last some good news this week!!.....just you mosey in the server later on and put your feet up for some spectate action big fella...(yea right,i'll give that about 10mins until the wheel is clamped on the desk and hes on track :p )

I think I'm gonna give this week's event a pass, guys. I'm watching the baby tonight and I'm not really in the mood for racing due to lack of sleep for the past couple of nights :(

Have a good one and I'll (hopefully) see you next week!

Thanks all... My intro into racing Cats (chuckle, the mental image) was a good one despite the technical probs and my lack of skill...:cool:

Hope to make the next round with a little more prac.

Thanks again.

Great fun.

First event in the Cats, having convinced Wedge to run as well.

First race was a bit of a shenanigans, spinning and stuff numerous times.

Second race had a fantastic race with Ron, getting alongside him and right up behind him. Dont think I touched him, but if I did it wasn't enough to spin him around. Thanks mate, was absolutely fantastic!

Thanks Stu-boy, I'll be back knackers!

That was superb and fun. :biggrin:
Another well spent evening racing with you guys. Thank you all.
First race I was surprised with the 2nd quali time. Soon Gary went away in front and I was having
a good fight with Peter and specialy with Anders, we swaped positions several times without any
contact. :cool: Then, Peter spun at T2 in the middle of the track, couldn't avoid you, sorry.
Last 3 laps I was in spare fuel mode and finished race with 0/0 in my HUD. :eek:
Second race I blowed the hot lap and got no time, started last. :rolleyes:
By lap 1 managed to get 5th place and had a nice scrap with Tobias and Stuart, when I started
to catch Gary's 1st place, he just controled the gap making it impossible to catch, great pace Gary.
Congrats on your both wins Gary and well done to the podium and all finishers.
Thank you Stuart and RD.

Cheers

what an awesome race tonight gents :smile: close racing and several nice duels, the one with Paolo was truely great.

First race i qual'ed 7th as i recall, the learning curve keep going up from race to race, I once again hammered Gary in T1 (SORRY) who then hit Stuart i think. after that it was one long hard fight with Paolo, there was not a single second to relax, both of us made mistakes but overall it was very nice and close racing.

Tonight all the hard work finally paid off and i got a 3rd and my first podium finish in the Cat

Race 2 was nothing to write home about from my side, i completely blew the start almost spun at grid, after that i never got it going and ended up in a bunker screaming for a towtruck.

thanks everyone for a great round of racing, and what a stunning track :cool:

Another great evening, the track was not easy but big Fun did a 1.59 on my own, an in pract. with a setup from Stuart 1.57.8xx pretty happy with that,but then comes Quali, 2 slip offs an a 2.04xx pl 6 ( not the only one) lost some places on the start but after T2 get some places back had some nice fights with Stu ,could not hold him behind me but it took a few laps before Stu game trough most enjoyable time of the race ,thanks Stuart.

Race 2 Quali was even worse 2.05xx pl 8 ,every one taking T2 with ease ,so was a bit at the tail of the bunch ,hit Cam (sorry Cam) braking early so waited for him and having some nice laps lost the car one's so Cam was gone, than there was Peter but to fast fore me so fin on p8 .

I can't explain how much Fun I have with you guys an those Cats ,Thanks to All.

Thommo threw me a setup for qually and it was nice,but it had a habit of spearing me off the track when i touched the brakes ;D,a bit too "sudden" for old Lenno ;p,Anders bunged me a setup he claims was a "Sam Special" so i had a feel of that in practice,and it gave me the customary "Cats-Grin" :),a bit of argy bargy at T1 from behind causing me and Thommo some grief,but we all seemed to scrabble away without too much fuss?...enjoyed a gradual hunt down of Paulo and Peter,both were done in a nice exit from final turn and good run down the home straight claiming the place arriving at T1,from then on it was a gradual pull away up front.
Race 2 from pole and not a good start again really,Nye easy has the lead for T1 and Thommo is close behind,settle in for lap one and study Nye a bit,then start to make moves,attempt the same draft down to T1 but Nye defends a little denying me the proper line for T1,rightfully so tbh,this aint choirboy racing :).....so he gets to pounce right back at T2 with a better run there,i think he goes in a touch hot and drifts out in to me,no big deal,just a rub,but i now feel Thommo breathing down me neck ready to take advantage,head back down and get the job done on Nye and make it stick,by now im well embedded with my Cat and can pull away again,enjoyed some late fun with Prib in tow ;).
Great fun again guys!,thanks all there making it that way.

Big Thanks to Stu & RD

First race, missunderstood the quilfiation rules (got it now ;) ) and then anders spunn me in the first corner and my car stalled. took me 30 seconds to get it running in the right direction again... sry if i was a little upset after that.

Second race much more fun! after for some revenge, got second lineup, now i was very happy ;) had some really nice battles, and ended up proud on a 5 place.

I really like these cars, been racing then with my frindes alot lately, keep up the good work stuart.

thnx all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline