rF2 Caterham Academy @ British Grand Prix - Fri 3rd Feb 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Q1: made one of the best times i had done with these cars
R1: at the start of of the car's didn't get of the grid and i almost hitted him but fortunately i was able to avoid it. The rest of the race was calm, had some battles along the way, spun 2 times and had to go to the grass to avoid a spin in turn 3 i think.

Q2:made almost the same time as in q1.
R2: had a clean start, went half the race along with three or four other car all together, but then i hit F. Calin's car from the side (sorry again) and both of us lost a bit of time, some time after i made a serie of mistakes which made me lose a lot of time and positions, finished in 16th i think

congratulations to top 3, and thank you everibody for the great races, those were the best race's i had in rfactor, Thank you :)

Qualified 5th for race 1 with an ok-ish lap, still found myself nearly 1s off the pace in the final sector, you know the sector with the flat kerbs....

MIxed bag in the races, race 1 showed why the cats are the dog's nadgers for racing, as me & chris had a race-long duel only to be caught on the final lap, despite going at a decent pace ourselves... Cheers Chris, great stuff as usual!

Again, not the best performance from me in Q2, only 6th this time, still over 1s off the pace. As the race unfolded, one minute Thommo was behind me, the next he'd disappeared. (As the race continued, i could guess what happened) Remember guys, if you hit someone off the track, you have to wait and cede position. Continued in the lead group, which increased to 5 cars by the final lap, whereupon i was knocked off the cicuit. I saw some blatant, and most importantly, pre-meditated cuts, and was a bit peeved overall with certain driver's actions. So yes, two varied races, lots of good stuff there but it only takes 1 or 2 individuals to spoil it for a lot of people.

Thanks Thommo!

P.s.- sorry for chat in race 2 guys, no excuses for it, but i was mightily cheesed off.

I spent most of the races near the back but that is where all the good drivers are anyway.;)

Seriously I had some good battles in both races with several drivers close to my skill level which made the events challenging but I must admit that I found certain parts the track difficult at times. Little room for lack of concentration.

Sorry to Hans in race 1 for the bump shortly after the start but I was distracted momentarily and lost my line for the upcoming corners and lost control. :oops:

Thanks Stu , WD Ross and Chris I believe for the wins, podiums, and cheers to all drivers showing good sportsmanship.

All I can say it was big Fun,glad the cats are back!
Racing in the mid pack having some nice battles in R1 bud ad they end of the race some problems with the tyres having some slip off's loosing some places ,bud good fun
Sorry to Hans in race 1 for the bump shortly after the start but I was distracted momentarily and lost my line for the upcoming corners and lost control.
No problem Jack that's racing,it put me in a pack of 5 an that was nice racing.

Thanks Stuart, grats podium an thanks guys for racing see you next time !!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 404 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 275 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 267 10.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 319 12.9%