Caterham Academy 2020

Cars Caterham Academy 2020 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
@DutchDevil79 Awesome video!
Love the end

The 420race car is a blast because it turns (no more understeer) though I love the Academy when you hit all the apexes
don't take the 420r as it is now, it was only early access
physic is a 1700 with more power, so it's pretty far from accurate!
Academy is the same as well, and all of them still have too much grip to that day, but we're working on an update to fix that (for the 1700 at least, rest will come)

Ben O'Bro updated Caterham Academy 2017 with a new update entry:

Visual updates (no physics changes)

Few fixes & updates (no physic change)
  • Improvement of the number of objects, hoping for better performance!
  • fog lights glass fixed + (center race light) no longer a brake light (as per official regulation)
  • no more rev lights (sorry, official regulation, but it's coming on the 420r! =)
  • Hierarchy RHD/LHD
  • Skins deleted (2 left) and now available here with a bonus one :...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Performance is not perfect but better now. Thank you for optimizing - keep going :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: LOD B has still roundabout 200 objects (LOD B of Lanzo V12 for comparison is 60).

Your cars are my number 1 cars, so i want to see as much as possible in the grid :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you and your team for this outstanding work

Yeah, finally physics update! Wait what? :p
You're playing with our feelings!
bigger fry to fish
avFoEQT.jpg

The car looks great, I'm not a fan of the driving though :D I wanted to complain about the understeer as the car seems way more understeery in low/mid speed corners than I was expecting (I imagine it generates more lift than downforce so at higher speeds I can see this being the case) but after making a quick comparison video the corner speeds seem quite similar to real life. I noticed the real car struggles a lot up the hill to Druids, it completely runs out of steam, I think the RL driver left it in 4th which might have something to do with it though.

Hopefully it will be more enjoyable to drive when that is no longer the case. Still corner speeds seem similar already. The real life driver countersteers once or twice entering corners but overall it looks quite planted from his inputs. Assuming that the track surface is fairly decent in that RL video then the mod is a bit faster at the moment. It was both our first time in the car and at 97% grip we are nearly 1 second faster than RL with not many laps under our belt. The understeer is REAL at the moment though, that's for sure :p

Last edited:
@Andy-R like Leo said, it's still 1700 physics with power.lut of academy :)
so it's live axle and all that
Regarding understeer though, it's a well known understeerer! But things should change once we have data and can make the physics proper!

@Andy-R like Leo said, it's still 1700 physics with power.lut of academy :)
so it's live axle and all that
Regarding understeer though, it's a well known understeerer! But things should change once we have data and can make the physics proper!

Yeah, I got the impression from the real life video that the car is more understeery than anything else.

Yeah, I got the impression from the real life video that the car is more understeery than anything else.
According to the videos (i watched few times the donington one, it has nice variety of corners) the real car also has a bit more oversteer, now I feel the mod is too much "on rails" and i don't like it very much.
The 1700 also has this (well it's the same physics almost...) and i wanted to update that aspect, making it a bit more playful from the rear :) i already made a version that way, now need master Jack to translate it into real physic values :p

Physics wise, & better answer wise, we are waiting from DPR motorsport to send us real data, and if we don't by the end of april, we will continue making our own with internet research etc...

According to the videos (i watched few times the donington one, it has nice variety of corners) the real car also has a bit more oversteer, now I feel the mod is too much "on rails" and i don't like it very much.
The 1700 also has this (well it's the same physics almost...) and i wanted to update that aspect, making it a bit more playful from the rear :) i already made a version that way, now need master Jack to translate it into real physic values :p

Physics wise, & better answer wise, we are waiting from DPR motorsport to send us real data, and if we don't by the end of april, we will continue making our own with internet research etc...
Nice, it might have laser scanned understeer then! :laugh:

Been very busy lately but being up early on a weekend means I can squeeze in a few drives in some mods I haven't tried yet - and glad I did! This thing is really sweet - really not feeling this understeer being mentioned though, not at low speed anyway, high speed yeah but nothing excessive. Pin point precision, could see myself driving it on long stints without ever getting tired of it.

Nice detail all round with the timer etc.

I was awfully confused on the grid though when the cars ahead seemingly had a strange target hanging out the windows, took a while to realise it was the steering wheel :roflmao: Looks like the LOD B steering pivot is in the wrong place :p On the RHD one at least, not tried the other

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 387 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 183 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 308 13.0%