Caterham Academy 2020

Cars Caterham Academy 2020 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content

Well, thank you for that, Jebus. Unfortunately I don't use any image hosting sites at all. Never mind. There are plenty of pictures of 7s around. No-one needs one of mine.

Car so good, like how accurate it is made :)

About aero - found old article, caterham tested in wind tunnel:
At 100mph: front: 74lb lift; rear 4lb lift.
Aero coeficent 0.59Cd
Cat spec: roll cage, no windscreen, half doors, passenger side closed, driver side aero screen
Maybe it helps

Car so good, like how accurate it is made :)

About aero - found old article, caterham tested in wind tunnel:
At 100mph: front: 74lb lift; rear 4lb lift.
Aero coeficent 0.59Cd
Cat spec: roll cage, no windscreen, half doors, passenger side closed, driver side aero screen
Maybe it helps
That's interesting.
CSRs have tiny little whisker spoilers on each side of the nose, a spoiler on the rear of the front wheel arches and aerofoil wishbones, intended to help front downforce, as some drivers had claimed the nose felt as if it were lifting, particularly on the old clamshell front wheel arches, rather than the cycle wheel arches.

Though the car has the aerodynamics of a brick pig, I've seen some tunnel results showing a great deal of sideways turbulence behind the windscreen, when one is used.

When you say "half doors", what do you mean? Half sidescreens are often used to improve aerodynamics a little, but a full sidescreen can only be attached if there's a full windscreen in place, rather than the little low profile wind deflectors, though these are not permitted in most of the authorised Caterham races, however.

one thing not sure its mentioned - in the showroom when you press to go in car, its a bit off position. You sort of go sit on the dash?! Is there any news on this. please don't be dead :(

That's interesting.
CSRs have tiny little whisker spoilers on each side of the nose, a spoiler on the rear of the front wheel arches and aerofoil wishbones, intended to help front downforce, as some drivers had claimed the nose felt as if it were lifting, particularly on the old clamshell front wheel arches, rather than the cycle wheel arches.

Though the car has the aerodynamics of a brick pig, I've seen some tunnel results showing a great deal of sideways turbulence behind the windscreen, when one is used.

When you say "half doors", what do you mean? Half sidescreens are often used to improve aerodynamics a little, but a full sidescreen can only be attached if there's a full windscreen in place, rather than the little low profile wind deflectors, though these are not permitted in most of the authorised Caterham races, however.

found article, put in rar
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MWHbLxJHQhPQUggZSvPEJD8R7I78bYd9/view?usp=sharing

it ain't dead
just delayed due to life events
it will get there, someday!
I know this is tiny in the sea of gigantic more important updates but can you make the clamshell not have parent with the next update? Fixing it during every update via content manager is just a rather tiny annoyance, but still. Thanks for the all kinds of great caterhams so far. Academy is a huge favorite for me.

I know this is tiny in the sea of gigantic more important updates but can you make the clamshell not have parent with the next update? Fixing it during every update via content manager is just a rather tiny annoyance, but still. Thanks for the all kinds of great caterhams so far. Academy is a huge favorite for me.
Well, no :p
There will be maybe one more update for the 1700 regarding handling, and that's it. The physic being exactly the same between the 3, that's why we grouped it under one entity.
And also in prevision of all the versions to come
  • 1700 lhd / rhd / clamshell
  • 165 lhd / rhd
  • academy lhd / rhd
  • 420r lhd / rhd
  • 420r motrosport lhd / rhd
  • 620r lhd / rhd
(some day, soon, maybe, hopefully, we shall see)
it's a quick manual fix people can do if they'd like, same with sound if they don't like mine, but it won't be part of the next update. Tiny annoyance is acceptable to me :D

-----

@Fregis
good old article, that's what Jack used as well for specs :)

Ben O'Bro updated Caterham Academy 2017 with a new update entry:

LHD+RHD+few more skins

• RHD finally here ;) with Miles speedo for our british friends!
  • Skin template is the same for both LHD and RHD :thumbsup:
  • fixed analog data matching digital (rpm & speedo) (merci Jacques for noticing!)
  • changed previews of the car using : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/retrolux-previews.19329/
    @Retrolux did a great job! Let's enjoy it, cars are looking far less plastic! (ironic for a caterham i know XD)
    You can revert...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just noticing now, the rear light of the RHD isn't transparent...
the shoulder of the guy is also going through the door XD it will all be fixed

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%