Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995

Cars Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995 1.35

Login or Register an account to download this content
Very nice and enjoyable to drive now, nice update. :thumbsup:
One little thing I noticed, BHP and Torque data in the UI don't match the description.

Also, don't mind me asking, I know next to nothing about how suspension is set up in AC, but are these visual and physics differences supposed to be like this?

Screenshot_bo_caterham_super_seven_1700_ss_rhd_k.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice and enjoyable to drive now, nice update. :thumbsup:
One little thing I noticed, BHP and Torque data in the UI don't match the description.
aha yes :p we played by Kunos rules, they do it for some cars: making UI match exact car spec
but the actual data a little different to make a more realistic behavior driving wise

edit: as for suspensions, my model is wrong from the beginning. The physics (lines you added with the app) are taken from measuring a real car :) I didn't want to change the model, because it meant editing the mesh, mapping and many little things. Next model should be little more accurate (starting with the Academy)

Last edited:
Hello Ben O'Bro
First time thank you for her super work.
I think the Dashcam is not so well done
I've fixed it if they want to use it

Thanks again, it makes a lot of fun :thumbsup:

How it looks for me on 1920x1080px, 16:9:
I've downloaded the exact RD package yesterday to get the new models/paint etc. and have the same as others. It's a touch low but not as low as it shows for you. Even higher than with your fix. And yeah I'm double checking it is running from the ACD files, checksums verify all except the LHD shifting fix I already have.

1IJBVFh.png

The checksum on Gist. This should validate for you that all files are correct after unpacking. I use TC to do checksums, but there are probably many other programs that can do it.

AwPtbgK.jpg

Dn0vwxX.jpg

e4oM6bG.jpg

EyQdPNy.jpg

W2LDY9E.jpg

lCeEnI0.jpg

EnPBL8n.jpg

How does the 718 RS Spyder look for you by default?
I made the cameras long ago and compared with RSR so they should have the same or similar positions under each "number" of the F6 etc.
There is not much space on Caterham on bottom of the dash so it should be cutting just above the bottom edge (with my 64deg view). There is no view angle in dashcam setup, maybe that's the difference? Seems it is comparing with your pictures, you're running 54 deg camera which will make both horizontal and vertical view smaller, you will have cut off dials even with the Spyder. I'll try checking it and add it on TODO to make it as close to the dash edge as possible but I believe it's your camera angle. Default is around 56? I'm using 64 and compared with other often similar cars as possible. You will probably cut off even the E30 DTM dials.

I can try maximize it but as all other cars the driver position and dashcam should be user editable with the app you've used. I have to edit 99% of Kunos cars because their driver positions are horrendous and looking into ground with big pitch angles etc. sitting glued to the wheel not in seat and so on. Just user edit it :)
I do not use any user edits on these for dashcam, I checked. Well I never use dashcam :D Most my driver views are custom though.

I see, the dashcam is not adjustable when ACD is used? Someone tell Kunos...
Yeah the dashcam... can't even move it right now with the ingame apps, that's AC for ya, not even when I delete the dashcam file. Is it completely unmovable? Maybe I did set it by hand trial and error, oh I remember, I probably set it using a different camera and then just copied the values, yeah... buggy AC.

Even at maximum where the whole bottom of the dash is visible but no feet, you would still cut into the dials on their bottom but it should be usable. That should work fine for the default 56, and for me with 64 I don't care I don't use it :p

Anything lower and the feet will show, one is with bottom shadow of the dash one without:

f1uW0Fe.jpg

sov2nFN.jpg

The dashcam really should be user adjustable, someone slap Kunos so they add it finally. Even for devs it's still not adjustable via the apps... As you can see I have to use the driver view, back up driver position, save the new driver view, copy it to dashcam and restore original driver values. Dashcam is a "new" feature, well not new anymore but it's a "bolt on" feature added later and still not supported in any in game editor.

The exposure is fine on dashcam? I did tweak that last week when checking things.

Last edited:
Topuz: yes it is correct, I don't know if it's in the readme, I tried to write and note things many times on different places. The graphical model suspension arms wise is not exact, in fact as you can see it is missing part of an upper A arm, it is ARB not an arm, on most Cats the top would have 3 elements:

lJmXYii.jpg

pse9s4i.jpg

These are both the older front style but only Ben's has the unusual top arm combined with ARB.

UI: Kunos style, the values shown are Caterham specifications, aka advertised misleading and it's what Kunos uses on most/all of their cars as well. The dyno curve etc. is 100% exact and reliable, it's exported from the same data as power.lut. I did write comments and realistic values into the description ;)

Plus there is a lot of tricks when it comes to suspension arm placement, I could literally put the car attachment arms 2m in front and 2m behind the car and it would drive 100% the same, as long as they are on the same line in 3D space the hub joint would rotate around the same axis and have the same travel in 3D space. Some of these things are not necessary to match and can differ wildly, while other I literally was making 0.5-1mm adjustments beyond what Ben could measure because I was matching available data when it comes to camber gain, caster gain, scrub, trail, anti-dive, ...

I have all these just for suspension geometry/arms/joints.

In a way there is a compromise made, the top arm is A arm as AC expects and not a tiny A arm that's almost a single tube. Don't know what AC would do or how bad the handling would be or what ARB strength Ben had on it. Only have data for the newer mostly so it is modelling the upper picture with a complete upper A arm. Sometimes there may not be much difference in AC but then you hit something and whole suspension could flip around or break easily because it overcomes the small strengths of odd arm setups. For that reason it's a complete A arm on top instead not a tiny one, to avoid possible issues, handling wise it shouldn't make a difference and the one Ben measured is even newer than the top picture. It is hard to find references for these old ones.

There is no way AC would know what to do without part of the upper arm, ARB is defined only as wheel rate, there are no ARB joints in AC. It needs to have upper A arm complete in AC, making it "narrower" is possible but it would either have no effect in AC or it could easily break due to damage, handling wise no difference.

Last edited:
Some kind of an issue here with the LHD car :confused:
Took my favo LHD Cat to l'Anneau du Rhin (mod track) and I crashed under/against (?) the bridge before turn 6. Restarted several times, took the car more to the right and also to the center of track, but I kept crashing.
I'd say some invisible wall, but no other cars are affected, nor are the other Cats, it is only the LHD Cat that keeps crashing. One time I got through (after 7 or more rolls) and I had a damaged engine and left flank. All other times I was transported to the pits after some rolling.
Don't know what can be wrong. If it was the track, other cars would have the same issue... yes ?

Some kind of an issue here with the LHD car :confused:
Took my favo LHD Cat to l'Anneau du Rhin (mod track) and I crashed under/against (?) the bridge before turn 6. Restarted several times, took the car more to the right and also to the center of track, but I kept crashing.
I'd say some invisible wall, but no other cars are affected, nor are the other Cats, it is only the LHD Cat that keeps crashing. One time I got through (after 7 or more rolls) and I had a damaged engine and left flank. All other times I was transported to the pits after some rolling.
Don't know what can be wrong. If it was the track, other cars would have the same issue... yes ?

Sounds like an issue with the collider. Maybe it's too tall and it's catching the bridge?

Sounds like an issue with the collider. Maybe it's too tall and it's catching the bridge?
I do not know the LHD collider, it's new by Ben for the LHD. I'm looking at it in CM and I don't see any issue.
Try copying the RHD collider into LHD version and check again. I've crash tested that one all I could.

Some mod tracks are barely working, it really depends and there can be odd glitches.
I don't have the track nor can find it on RD, nor AC.club, can't test something I don't have.

---

Any recent working guides on running a server from behind NATs? I've done all the port forwarding, firewall enabling and such and AC still can't get reply from the lobby server. AC server can't traverse NATs or do NAT hole punching etc.? Other apps are even smart enough to create the port forwarding as necessary on the go, AC server, nah nil, has to be done by hand.

Last edited:
Some minor issues, the flame seems to be on the wrong side on the LHD car. Also, I was driving on what I think is the latest version of Okayama, and at the beginning of the start/finish straight, something happens with the rear suspension and the car flips. Only tried twice in the LHD one, happened both time. Switched to the 165 LHD and it had no issues at the same spot.

Probably the same issue with collider on LHD. Flames I will check, it's probably just in ini files = it's same as on RHD. Yeah of course the flames.ini differs. Well it's not the flames that are on wrong side, it's the exhaust ;)
Added into LHD differences. Hard to keep track of the visual differences hidden in ini files when I didn't make these :D

The LHD was something I asked about and Ben actually made but I normally drive the RHD and got used to it. I did test Okayama with RHD, worked fine. Just copy over the RHD collider.kn5 for now, Ben will look into it.

It's just the LHD, I found it on Okayama it's right behind the orange sign 5m or so, there is a huge ditch that front falls into at slow speed. RHD goes fine nothing there. The LHD gets teleported into a spin at speed. Might be some floating/random point on the new LHD collider. The new collider is suspiciously smaller.

Last edited:
I can't run AC server probably, wanted to, make some place at least for a while for the Cats. Don't have public IP and AC server doesn't seem to be able to work without it and do NAT tunneling, punching and all that networking for game servers/P2P/VOIP/... that was taught even to me 10+ years ago. They should update the server and master server so it can handle NATs. Very few people have actual public IPs nowadays, IPv4 are all gone for many years and IPv6 is not being used as widely still.

Hey any chance you could shorten the name of the car folder/filenames i.e.
bo_caterham_super_seven_1700_ss_rhd. The reason I ask is the static shared memory for car model is as follows. The name goes over the limit and comes out as 0
wchar_t carModel[33] is 33 character limit

Up to Ben, there is also some issue with AC not working with capital letters but working with small letters in the name, how Kunos manages that I don't know. As far as I've seen in all of SDK there is no limit or guidance for the names and overall names in programming are not to be limited especially to something like 8+3 or in this case 33 :roflmao: 256 I would understand but 33 is ridiculous, someone slap Kunus, hard, I'm done reporting bugs to them, they don't give a damn. They really should update the API if it limits names to 33 chars as if one is in the 1990s and Y2K is upon us.

26 bo_caterham_s7_1700_ss_rhd
32 bo_caterham_s7_1700_ss_clamshell

Is it only visual thing or does it break loading/accessing the car in some way in certain apps?

Server wise I can't see tyre types for selection in the AC server manager, even when I rename them to the usual names Kunos uses it doesn't show up. Are all mod cars unsupported by AC server manager when comes to selection of legal tyres? Does it still work if you type the shortname into server config file by hand? I can't test it, AC server structure doesn't seem to support NAT tunneling/punching.

Last edited:
This is a great mod. That said, I noticed a few issues with the latest release. Didn't notice if anyone covered these:

1. The left rear "spinning" wheel center on the LHD model does not move with the suspension, it remains fixed relative to the body.
2. Something seems to have happened with the damage/collision box from previous versions. I buried the entire nose cone of my LHD car into the rear of a car in front last night without any actual contact occurring, no ffb bump, no car movement or visual damage.

As has already been mentioned, I too have encountered some problems with the LHD versions collision box.
On Lake Louise West Forward, it basically does its best impression of a bucking bronco, flipping around, and pointing the front wheels to the sky...
The other versions are fine, though!:)

The tires sounds when blocking is a bit low, this one has custom sounds, right?
I find it very understeery but maybe it's like that it'll, tried on okayama and the you need lift the gas for the second to last corner and on the last corner as well, but I do not know how the car behaves irl

I don't know much about modelling but man, this is the most beautiful work I've seen so far in AC. Was driving that clamshell version with metal/dark red skin and i couldn't concentrate on driving at all because I just kept admiring the car itself.
But what I noticed it seems to drive nice aswell.

Thanks to all involved.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years