Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995

Cars Caterham 7 Super Sprint | 1995 1.35

Login or Register an account to download this content
Aah yeah something i never saw :p it's actually textured but very basically, it has ao and no reflection. Reality was just dirty light opaque metal. I could make it darker but truly that's about it!

Darker should help, but obviously it's a tiny detail on an impressive mod, so no worries if you have other things more important to do, I can live with it as it is :thumbsup:

After a few days testing and racing (and enjoying) the Cat, I just realised that Content Manager still shows 0.0 km total driven.
Again, no big deal, but is it possible to change something so that the driven distance is recorded ?

After a few days testing and racing (and enjoying) the Cat, I just realised that Content Manager still shows 0.0 km total driven.
Again, no big deal, but is it possible to change something so that the driven distance is recorded ?
this i have no idea why. Something to do with the tyres not being properly adapted maybe ? Like @hal4000 said, i also use the odometer app...
Thank You for this masterpiece :thumbsup:
If its possible to add the brake pressure in the setup menu :whistling:
hey how comes you don't have gear animation ?
Or is it because i drive the RHD usually and i messed up the LHD ?
Brake pressure i don't think so. I mean i could add anything but the idea is to keep this one stock. Settings you will find in the Academy ;)

I just tried the RHD and it works. I always drive the LHD. Doesn't seem to work there.
Not a biggie as I said before, but it's just one of the little things I really miss if it isn't there.
Feels almost as if I'm driving some flappy paddle..., the horor...:confused:

Edit:
I've asked this already in a different thread, but this version of the car, being a road version, is in desperate need of a "civilian" driver. It just looks really odd to have racing driver in a road car, and even more so in this car. Now what I've done is this:
https://s21.postimg.org/p1h6czqp3/Screenshot_bo_caterham_super_seven_1700_ss_lhd_s.jpg

Already looks a lot better, but the guy is still wearing a racing suit. Now what I was thinking is reskin the racing suit so it has a dark brown top and dark blue bottom. And most important the gloves, since that's what you looking at the whole time.Make the sleeve part the same dark brown as the suit sleeve and make em look like something like this here:
Driving_Gloves.jpg

I have no idea if it's possible or not, just wanted to dump this idea here. If there's one car in need of this it would be this one.

Last edited:
hey how comes you don't have gear animation ?
Brake pressure i don't think so. I mean i could add anything but the idea is to keep this one stock. Settings you will find in the Academy ;)
I think its just the LHD version without shift animation :thumbsup:
And for the brake pressure settings:
I don't talk about the brake balance. Just the same thing Kunos add for every car in the setup menu under the tab general. Its make it easier to set the car brakes up to the load cell I've. :)

I just tried the RHD and it works. I always drive the LHD. Doesn't seem to work there.
Not a biggie as I said before, but it's just one of the little things I really miss if it isn't there.
Feels almost as if I'm driving some flappy paddle..., the horor...:confused:

Edit:
I've asked this already in a different thread, but this version of the car, being a road version, is in desperate need of a "civilian" driver. It just looks really odd to have racing driver in a road car, and even more so in this car. Now what I've done is this:
https://s21.postimg.org/p1h6czqp3/Screenshot_bo_caterham_super_seven_1700_ss_lhd_s.jpg

Already looks a lot better, but the guy is still wearing a racing suit. Now what I was thinking is reskin the racing suit so it has a dark brown top and dark blue bottom. And most important the gloves, since that's what you looking at the whole time.Make the sleeve part the same dark brown as the suit sleeve and make em look like something like this here:
Driving_Gloves.jpg

I have no idea if it's possible or not, just wanted to dump this idea here. If there's one car in need of this it would be this one.

So... yes it's possible but at what cost! Modelling clothes is a hell of a job. I though about gloves like this, because i was driving it with them as well :p but damn...
No helmet is already nice, but truly if you are doing a trackday, every track makes the helmet mandatory!
It would need a separated mod for that, and someone talented enough to make such thing

I think its just the LHD version without shift animation :thumbsup:
And for the brake pressure settings:
I don't talk about the brake balance. Just the same thing Kunos add for every car in the setup menu under the tab general. Its make it easier to set the car brakes up to the load cell I've. :)

ah oui, then yes :)

And damn LHD, no gear animation looks awful XD i'll take it back from older version which was working...

thx guys

Yeah, thank you...
By the way, I thought I could leave this file here. It's the driver model without a helmet.
I found this somewhere ages ago. Looks allright in closed top cars since you don't see
almost no clothing anyway. Would be nice though if someone could at least reskin it so it resembles more like a guy wearing a jacket and jeans. Would at least make it look better than
what it looks now.
https://openload.co/f/3HAasD9c4c8/DRIVE_NO_HELMET.7z
Just drop this in your "driver" folder and rename driver in the "driver3d.ini".

Hi guys, it seems like the car doesn't work in MP. Maybe someone can confirm or disprove this. At first I thought it was because I had overwrite 0.7 with 0.71 but a fresh download and fresh upload to the server and still other people get checksum mismatch.

I was wrong, all is well. Apologies.

Last edited:
Ben O'Bro updated Caterham 7 Super Sprint 1995 with a new update entry:

More fixes

• LHD shift animation working !
  • brake power added in setup
  • mirrors added on passenger side (LHD and RHD)
  • mapping mirrors fixed (it was stretched)
  • driver look-at position updated, thanks @smurth :)
  • car bottom darker + darker hoses
  • water & oil pressure moved to a fix value (rather than 0)
  • rounded windshield chassis on LHD
  • fixed seat belt entering the passenger seat in LHD
  • few textures tweak
  • all car skins now in 2048 instead...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wow, I smiled so much driving this car. And it looks amazing. AC was really missing this. :)

Just curious: speaking of doing some physics work for next release, are you going to attempt to make it a de Dion axle? Or was yours converted to double-wishbone?

Wow, I smiled so much driving this car. And it looks amazing. AC was really missing this. :)

Just curious: speaking of doing some physics work for next release, are you going to attempt to make it a de Dion axle? Or was yours converted to double-wishbone?
mine was a live axle
assetto made the live axle handle a bit weird in some aspects, although they corrected it recently and we gotta have a look again, because the alternative was a de dion indeed.
It's summer anyways, it's holiday season, it's hot, it's power cuts, it's all that! So no hurry...

Yeah, thank you...
By the way, I thought I could leave this file here. It's the driver model without a helmet.
I found this somewhere ages ago. Looks allright in closed top cars since you don't see
almost no clothing anyway. Would be nice though if someone could at least reskin it so it resembles more like a guy wearing a jacket and jeans. Would at least make it look better than
what it looks now.
https://openload.co/f/3HAasD9c4c8/DRIVE_NO_HELMET.7z
Just drop this in your "driver" folder and rename driver in the "driver3d.ini".

Can you explain more precise what we should do? I don't have a driver3d.ini file.

You can't see it, cause it is inside "data.acd" in newer car mods. You have to extract the files in there. Just Google it and you'll see. It's easy.
I can't really tell you all the details here, cause for what I understand it goes against forum rules, but you'll find it.

Edit:

Another solution would be to use "car tuner":
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/assetto-corsa-car-tuner.13946/
This lets you create a new version of the car and gives you direct access to the "data.acd" file
without extracting. Just make a new tune, go to "advanced tuning", scroll to
"driver3d.ini" and change the driver name into "DRIVE_NO_HELMET".

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years