Catch a First Look at the McLaren 650s GT3 Coming to rF2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 McLaren 650S GT3 2.jpg

Studio 397 have revealed the first images from the controversial upcoming pay DLC for rFactor 2.. the McLaren 650s GT3.

Although looking beautiful in game, and built with considerable cooperation from the McLaren team who design and run the cars in GT3 championships throughout the world, the upcoming 650s GT3 has attracted plenty of attention within the rFactor 2 community as the very first paid DLC for the venerable racing simulation.

Build in-house by Studio 397, the new car will form part of the McLaren endorsed 'World's Fastest Gamer' competition and is set to be made available to the gaming public for an additional fee, the first time either rFactor game has been in receipt of paid DLC content since the series began in 2005.

rF2 McLaren 650S GT3 1.jpg

Priced at a reasonable 4.99 eu and expected to form the beginning of a wider GT3 pack, the McLaren 650s looks to be quite possibly the most accurate rendition of a racing car brought to rFactor 2 as first party content.

Unfortunately no release date has been revealed by the studio at present, however with the WFG competition and the apparent advanced state of the car, one can expect to be able to access the new content in the not too distant future.

rFactor 2 can be purchased from the Steam platform right now and is available exclusively for PC.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Will you be purchasing the McLaren on release? Happy to see official DLC content for the sim? Looking forward to more GT3 spec cars (officially) released for rF2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Not sure if controversial is the right word though? You'll always have a few people complaining about paying for something but as a whole I think most fans of rfactor2 are more then happy to pay for some DLC and are understanding that for the game to continue development studio397 need to get something in return.

Definitely looking forward to this car personally though!!!

Not sure if controversial is the right word though? You'll always have a few people complaining about paying for something but as a whole I think most fans of rfactor2 are more then happy to pay for some DLC and are understanding that for the game to continue development studio397 need to get something in return.

Definitely looking forward to this car personally though!!!
Yep, only a couple of guys (the same verywhere) actually complained about DLC, for some reason they think business runs on hopes and dreams

R: They will pay for these licenses? I'd rather wait.
Nah, they'll go rebel mode, release the car without a license and go MMA on lawyers when they knock S397 doors :D

Ssy wut?? Studio whatever lost their mind? Im NOT impressed by their work so far. DX11 was a pure waste of time. The radical....could have been a mod. I will NOT buy any dlc created by those arrogant dutch %@#&$!. Look at Reiza and learn...rookies.
Calm your tits kid,dont like dont need to come here talking bad.............

Ssy wut?? Studio whatever lost their mind? Im NOT impressed by their work so far. DX11 was a pure waste of time. The radical....could have been a mod. I will NOT buy any dlc created by those arrogant dutch %@#&$!. Look at Reiza and learn...rookies.
You mean how Reiza charge for DLC? Some mothers do have em!

It looks great and I hope it sounds as good as it looks. After the (still unfixed) bobbles in the Radical release, I won't be buying the McLaren out of the gate. It's not at the top of my list for desired cars.

Also need to hear whether it meets my fps target and see how the DLC system is going to be integrated and maybe wait for a few more DLC cars to be added to the catalog, etc.

4.99 eu for just 1 GT3 car might be "too expensive" at this point. I'm not complaining about having to pay for something. I mean if a player could still continue to play free, more versatile, and BOP'd GT3 mods, which might even be more popular online, why would he still wants to pay 5 eu for this 1 car apart from being loyal to this not-awfully-popular-at-the-moment sim? I tend to think that it might be more beneficial for them to hold it off just a bit and release a DLC with a few more cars at for example 7.99/9.99 for 3 cars.

Your continued attempts to become RD's top troll are pathetic.

Grow up.

4.99 eu for just 1 GT3 car might be "too expensive" at this point. I'm not complaining about having to pay for something. I mean if a player could still continue to play free, more versatile, and BOP'd GT3 mods, which might even be more popular online, why would he still wants to pay 5 eu for this 1 car apart from being loyal to this not-awfully-popular-at-the-moment sim? I tend to think that it might be more beneficial for them to hold it off just a bit and release a DLC with a few more cars at for example 7.99/9.99 for 3 cars.

This is too expensive imo. When you bought the entire game for less than $20, 1 single car for 25% of that cost is lame.

Piecemeal dlc content policy is how the gaming industry works now, but that doesnt mean it is right, or that we need to back the practice.

Surely this car will be good like much of the existing content, but the value simply isnt there compared to the plethora of cars and tracks you receive for a fraction of this price.

The price is completely reasonable if you have any idea how much work goes into making an accurate car in modern simulators...they can't afford to sell them for as little as the developers of e.g. AC or PCARS can; they don't have the userbase to support it. Each car takes hundreds of hours to produce and then the devs have to pay thousands for the license. Do the math and you need thousands of downloads just to break even (even with such a "high" cost).

People complain less about the price of unlicensed payware (i.e. illegal) mods than they do about the price of officially licensed content...a pack of 4 AA batteries is more expensive than either.

Modding is both a blessing and a curse; it's a great way to bring the community together, it's an even better way to spoil its members senseless.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 83 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.8%
  • €3001-5000