• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured Catch a First Look at the McLaren 650s GT3 Coming to rF2

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,489
    rF2 McLaren 650S GT3 2.jpg
    Studio 397 have revealed the first images from the controversial upcoming pay DLC for rFactor 2.. the McLaren 650s GT3.

Although looking beautiful in game, and built with considerable cooperation from the McLaren team who design and run the cars in GT3 championships throughout the world, the upcoming 650s GT3 has attracted plenty of attention within the rFactor 2 community as the very first paid DLC for the venerable racing simulation.

Build in-house by Studio 397, the new car will form part of the McLaren endorsed 'World's Fastest Gamer' competition and is set to be made available to the gaming public for an additional fee, the first time either rFactor game has been in receipt of paid DLC content since the series began in 2005.

rF2 McLaren 650S GT3 1.jpg

Priced at a reasonable 4.99 eu and expected to form the beginning of a wider GT3 pack, the McLaren 650s looks to be quite possibly the most accurate rendition of a racing car brought to rFactor 2 as first party content.

Unfortunately no release date has been revealed by the studio at present, however with the WFG competition and the apparent advanced state of the car, one can expect to be able to access the new content in the not too distant future.

rFactor 2 can be purchased from the Steam platform right now and is available exclusively for PC.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Will you be purchasing the McLaren on release? Happy to see official DLC content for the sim? Looking forward to more GT3 spec cars (officially) released for rF2? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Love Love x 13
    • Like Like x 6
    • Angry Angry x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  2. felippekiss

felippekiss

Ratings:
    +71
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +788
    Not sure if controversial is the right word though? You'll always have a few people complaining about paying for something but as a whole I think most fans of rfactor2 are more then happy to pay for some DLC and are understanding that for the game to continue development studio397 need to get something in return.

Definitely looking forward to this car personally though!!!

• Agree Agree x 26
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Amoghasiddhi

Amoghasiddhi

Ratings:
    +3
    A: Will you be purchasing the McLaren on release?
    R: NO
    A: Looking forward to more GT3 spec cars (officially) released for rF2?
    R: They will pay for these licenses? I'd rather wait.

Studio 397 future is linked to the stability of DX11 version. If they succeed, maybe i should buy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium

Ratings:
    +811
    Car looks great, a bit more expensive than I thought it would be to be honest :cautious:
    But it's tempting....... :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +429
    Yep, only a couple of guys (the same verywhere) actually complained about DLC, for some reason they think business runs on hopes and dreams

Nah, they'll go rebel mode, release the car without a license and go MMA on lawyers when they knock S397 doors :D

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +39
    Well I for one will buy this car. I was one of the few who paid a small fortune for online racing, however its still a damn good game.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ronniej

ronniej
    The dude Premium

Ratings:
    +175
    Yes I'll be purchasing upon release. Look forward to other DLC and further development from Studio 397.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +342
    Ssy wut?? Studio whatever lost their mind? Im NOT impressed by their work so far. DX11 was a pure waste of time. The radical....could have been a mod. I will NOT buy any dlc created by those arrogant dutch %@#&$!. Look at Reiza and learn...rookies.

• Agree x 5
    • Haha x 4
    • Sad x 4
    • Angry x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  10. Rastas

Rastas

Ratings:
    +82
    Calm your tits kid,dont like dont need to come here talking bad.............

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Love Love x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  11. Matt

Matt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +382
    You mean how Reiza charge for DLC? Some mothers do have em!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 2
  12. Matt

Matt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +382
    On a more positive note, I can't wait for this. Immediate buy for me and pretty much everyone I know and race rF2 with.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  13. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    Yes I will be purchasing on release... to help pay for the continuing development of rF2.
    Happy to see any new quality content whether licensed or not.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Sad Sad x 1
  14. Leonardo Chaves

Leonardo Chaves

Ratings:
    +211
    Will i buy it at launch?
    Honestly no, developers have to earn it and keep me invested and right now that's not the case.
    But best of luck, hopefully the funds from those who buy it will help.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Shaun Huelskamp

Shaun Huelskamp
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    I bet all the cheap bastards who won't buy are the same who spend more than that on their fancy coffee

• Agree x 12
    • Haha x 7
    • Love x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Sad x 1
  16. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +310
    It looks great and I hope it sounds as good as it looks. After the (still unfixed) bobbles in the Radical release, I won't be buying the McLaren out of the gate. It's not at the top of my list for desired cars.

Also need to hear whether it meets my fps target and see how the DLC system is going to be integrated and maybe wait for a few more DLC cars to be added to the catalog, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jose Borges

Jose Borges

Ratings:
    +48
    I would like to see more cars for that price. AC offers more content for not much more money! Will probably buy on release though!

• Like Like x 1
  18. St3fan

St3fan

Ratings:
    +400
    4.99 eu for just 1 GT3 car might be "too expensive" at this point. I'm not complaining about having to pay for something. I mean if a player could still continue to play free, more versatile, and BOP'd GT3 mods, which might even be more popular online, why would he still wants to pay 5 eu for this 1 car apart from being loyal to this not-awfully-popular-at-the-moment sim? I tend to think that it might be more beneficial for them to hold it off just a bit and release a DLC with a few more cars at for example 7.99/9.99 for 3 cars.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 3
  19. natedogg1867

natedogg1867

Ratings:
    +244
    Your continued attempts to become RD's top troll are pathetic.

Grow up.

This is too expensive imo. When you bought the entire game for less than $20, 1 single car for 25% of that cost is lame.

Piecemeal dlc content policy is how the gaming industry works now, but that doesnt mean it is right, or that we need to back the practice.

Surely this car will be good like much of the existing content, but the value simply isnt there compared to the plethora of cars and tracks you receive for a fraction of this price.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. mclarenf1papa

mclarenf1papa

Ratings:
    +1,174
    The price is completely reasonable if you have any idea how much work goes into making an accurate car in modern simulators...they can't afford to sell them for as little as the developers of e.g. AC or PCARS can; they don't have the userbase to support it. Each car takes hundreds of hours to produce and then the devs have to pay thousands for the license. Do the math and you need thousands of downloads just to break even (even with such a "high" cost).

People complain less about the price of unlicensed payware (i.e. illegal) mods than they do about the price of officially licensed content...a pack of 4 AA batteries is more expensive than either.

Modding is both a blessing and a curse; it's a great way to bring the community together, it's an even better way to spoil its members senseless.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 5
    • Sad Sad x 1